Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Blockhouse posted:

It wasn't really conclusive since he broke off to fuse with Zamasu

wait now that I think about it what happened to the Goku Black womrhole clones I totally forget

Everyone totally forgets and that's that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

You know, after rewatching this, I completely glossed over something in the beginning

Why is Piccolo over at Bulma's place anyway?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MechaX posted:

You know, after rewatching this, I completely glossed over something in the beginning

Friends can hang out.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Where else is he gonna go?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Waffleman_ posted:

Where else is he gonna go?

Can't always be chilling in a wasteland

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also, this, Android 13, and Broly all take place during the 10 days before the Cell Games. What the gently caress kinda week are these people having.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
The villains really owned their bit of the special and I'm sad they didn't get more time to work off of each other. Vegeta recognizing Turles was short but great.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Individual standings weren't updated but the five all got credit for four team elims.

Also the Christmas special was great and I laughed at pretty much every pun.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

It still bugs me that U7 took out nearly 3/4 of the opposing fighters all by themselves in a multiversal tournament. I know they're the stars, but still.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
to be honest the total count for U7 is lower then I thought it was gonna be from the earlier episodes. I was sure they were going to break 60.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm happy Krillin has more points in this arbitrary point system than Jiren.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I'd be fine with them doing most of the winning if there were less lame opponents. Having them beat each-other almost wouldn't make them more impressive just because there's so many goobers.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Dec 26, 2017

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the big question going into this arc was "how are they going to handle having a tournament with so many characters" and the answer was pretty much "they didn't"

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Blockhouse posted:

the big question going into this arc was "how are they going to handle having a tournament with so many characters" and the answer was pretty much "they didn't"

Lol who the gently caress asked that dumb as poo poo question.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

everyone

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

CharlestheHammer posted:

Lol who the gently caress asked that dumb as poo poo question.

Do you really have to be a complete and total rear end in a top hat every single time you make a post on the internet no matter what the topic is

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Blockhouse posted:

Do you really have to be a complete and total rear end in a top hat every single time you make a post on the internet no matter what the topic is

Yes.

Though I still want to know who asked that dumb question.

Like is this their first tournament Arc?

Is this their first time watching DB in general?

This tournament is basically how every DB tournament goes just on a much larger scale.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Dec 26, 2017

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
A direct tournament with rounds probably would have been better all around since most of the fights were one on one anyway.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Eh then stuff like the last fight couldn't of happened and Goku losing to Jiren but not losing completely would have been hard.

Possible but doing another rear end pull after using one during the last tournament would have been bad.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

This tournament is sometimes underwhelming not because most of the enemies were loser mooks but because there was a lot of potential for team-fights and that didn't get as much play as I was hoping.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Yeah there is no way most weren't going to be meat for the grinder and hell doing the opposite would probably have been a bad idea.

A lot of characters weren't mooks even if they weren't really "threats".

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yeah there is no way most weren't going to be meat for the grinder and hell doing the opposite would probably have been a bad idea.

A lot of characters weren't mooks even if they weren't really "threats".

yeah there was still a lot of fun fights, it's not like it was a movie-style lieutenant jobber squad

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Though I wish Anilaza lasted longer. He was scary and powerful and could have been the ultimate opponent of an arc.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Also, this, Android 13, and Broly all take place during the 10 days before the Cell Games. What the gently caress kinda week are these people having.

I like to imagine Cell, standing alone in the middle of his ring, sensing all of these things happening around him and getting more and more confused.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

It wasn't really conclusive since he broke off to fuse with Zamasu

wait now that I think about it what happened to the Goku Black womrhole clones I totally forget

One of the worst things about that arc was Black not getting any kind of conclusion to his character before turning into Fused Zamasu. Right when it looked like he was going to manifest new crazy-rear end powers from abusing bullshit-Saiyan powerups, he flies off and just...disappears. Goku Black was way more interesting than Zamasu (despite being the same person) and not getting anything close to a send-off was frustrating.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

I know it's not over yet, but it's kinda weird Toppo hasn't done poo poo, since before this tournament he was shown to be roughly on Goku's level. You'd think u11 would have more than two points to be in the "finals" like this.
gently caress, even Roshi took out more than two combatants

Also kinda surprised that with the "no killing" rule that there wasn't some sort of weak-assed kamikaze fighter used to DQ one of the tougher fighters [could've been a fun way to get Frieza knocked out, getting a little carried away and accidentally killing some weak scrub]

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

This setting for the tournament made this tournament have more interesting fights and standouts than any two combined of previous tournaments. people are basically calling things like the Bacterian fights "filler"in this tournament and getting hyped 4x as much as they did for any tournament in the past, plus have had more team play action than any arc in Dragon Ball (even the MOST team play arcs had split fights for the most part). Standards have gotten weird.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Darko posted:

This setting for the tournament made this tournament have more interesting fights and standouts than any two combined of previous tournaments. people are basically calling things like the Bacterian fights "filler"in this tournament and getting hyped 4x as much as they did for any tournament in the past, plus have had more team play action than any arc in Dragon Ball (even the MOST team play arcs had split fights for the most part). Standards have gotten weird.
It is outshining all previous tournament arcs, but is not fully realizing its promise. Both these things are true...

And happy Frieza Day.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

BizarroAzrael posted:

Took me a moment to spot why Weird Al got a credit.

Clue me in because I don't get it.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Cabbit posted:

The final scene song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FJU4GrXztE

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
This arc has been going on close to fifty episodes at least at this point and discussed far before, I'd hope it would be better than the first couple World Tournaments at least.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Waffleman_ posted:

in goku and vegetas mind, a really productive one

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Cabbit posted:

thats cuz you're listening to the void too much smh

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

I just assume this kind of poo poo happens to them constantly and we just don't see it

there were probably like 400 movies worth of giant monster attacks when they were training for the androids

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
Why are we using 0.5 for ringout saves? I might be the same value as elims or even higher for some dumb reason. Most people expect Frieza to steal MVP.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I don't know where anyone got the idea that this would be a points system.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Goku is the MVP and anyone thinking otherwise is an idiot.

MVP award is going to the person who Zeno thinks is the coolest and Goku did a god drat kamehameha grind so

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

reignofevil posted:

I don't know where anyone got the idea that this would be a points system.

nerds gonna nerd.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

MechaX posted:

How'd Vegeta get to Namek to fight Metal Cooler?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

How'd Vegeta get to Namek to fight Metal Cooler?

Probably the space pod he used to escape at the end.