Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

This is pretty hosed up buddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

You delete this right now.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Something is missing but I just can't put my finger in it.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

drilldo squirt posted:

This is wrong.

Feels Super right to me.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
horny for anime

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I don’t get it.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

My mind is hosed up and all i can see is loss.jpeg

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

I can't believe I'm buying a next gen console to play a DBZ game in 2018.

Gohan vs. Cell's opening is Android 16 dying :(.

Edit: Is this getting an english dub?

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

eonwe posted:

Horny for anime.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

TheHan posted:

I can't believe I'm buying a next gen console to play a DBZ game in 2018.

Gohan vs. Cell's opening is Android 16 dying :(.

Edit: Is this getting an english dub?

Yes

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

I hate that I know exactly what this is.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

tbp posted:

Videl....hello

Isn't Videl like 14?

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Who What Now posted:

Isn't Videl like 14?
Apparently she was 18 at her debut, at least according to the Wiki.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

she's in the same class as gohan so she's roughly whatever age he is

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
I wanna chime in here and remind everyone that Piccolo is only four years older than Gohan and what it's not weird.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Fargin Icehole posted:

My mind is hosed up and all i can see is loss.jpeg

its the gif without piccolo loving goku or whatever

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Watching the DBZ:A Christmas special and I'm amused at how out of his league Turles is. He's the only saiyan there who can't go super, even Slug is way stronger than him. I'm surprised no one else commented on it, but I guess they Villains of Freeza Day Past didn't last long enough for it to come up.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Kild posted:

its the gif without piccolo loving goku or whatever

Is that what it is? Oh goddamnit.

Rhonne posted:

Watching the DBZ:A Christmas special and I'm amused at how out of his league Turles is. He's the only saiyan there who can't go super, even Slug is way stronger than him. I'm surprised no one else commented on it, but I guess they Villains of Freeza Day Past didn't last long enough for it to come up.

Turles was the first one ruining christmas, Goddamn, i need to look how long ago that abridged special was

DanZX
May 5, 2015

I’m so, so, sorry

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The thing that offends me most about that image is that it assumes Launch has met 18.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Why does everyone have the same Goku tattoo multiple times?

That's just lazy

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Ohhh, so that's what happened to Launch. Thanks. Glad those lovely gals got matching Goku tats. Because Goku.

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Dec 27, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Of all the poo poo that could have been in a #dbsexy tag, that is pretty inoffensive. Y'all bored.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
https://twitter.com/ChurdChamp/status/945677339442102272

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

man we got a fukken girl Goku with Caulifla, just edit her to have the God hair and you're done

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Kefla and Vegito fusion dance.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true

Bacontotem posted:

Kefla and Vegito fusion dance.

Hey, there's an idea to up the ante. Super has always been about one-upping Z and itself, what with literal gods, then gods of gods, then gods fusing into another god, then things like Super Saiyan Blue with Kaio Ken and a multiversal tournament where the stakes have never been higher, etc etc.

The next step very well could be to take two fusions and fuse them down further. They've already touched on the idea with the U6 Namekians; if there's an arc after this one with a sufficiently powerful enough enemy, fusing Vegito and Kefla would be a good way for Super to one-up itself yet again. Vegito and Kefla would both have a set of potara, but assuming they don't, Goku knows the Fusion Dance, so Vegito should likewise know it as well; all they'd need to do is teach it to one or both of Caulifla and Kale.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
I think I can actually segue this to something worthwhile. I saw this picture of 18 & Launch wearing each other's outfits posted on reddit:

And I realized it's easy to tell them apart, just by their faces. That's not a given in anime designs. Like, think of Sailor Moon or something. Toriyama has been really goddamn good at creating really distinct faces for his characters. Even Vegeta & Goku, who are very similar, have some subtle differences, like Vegeta's face being a bit more angular.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I remember seeing some cool split screen deal with Gogeta that showed he genuinely was half Goku and Vegeta despite how subtle it is

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Toriyama's art-style is deceptively large in his own primary works.

It's kind of small when he's working for others, like Dragon Quest (discounting the motherlode of monsters he's designed/contributed to) or Chrono Trigger.

He's not held up as an icon and someone all leading mangaka all look up to for nothing, after all.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Who What Now posted:

Isn't Videl like 14?

Her and gohan have a kid aren't they like mid 20s

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Black August posted:

I remember seeing some cool split screen deal with Gogeta that showed he genuinely was half Goku and Vegeta despite how subtle it is

It's honestly impressive how both Vegetto and Gogeta manage to look like a genuine blend of the two characters but also look distinct from one another.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

tbp posted:

That image shows Videl with twin-tails, so that's Videl when she just appeared, 18 years old (manga)/17 years old (anime) according to official (and contradicting) sources.

Videl's 23 (manga)/22 (anime) when Pan is born. Gohan is either the same age (anime) or about a year younger (manga).

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

tbp posted:

They were basically the same age in the Buu Saga I would assume, since they were classmates in school.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

IcePhoenix posted:

They were basically the same age in the Buu Saga I would assume, since they were classmates in school.

Gohan's age is a bit hosed due to the Time Chamber

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Gohan was Teen Gohan when he was 11.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
They really did not want to dwell on how hosed up Gohan's ENTIRE CHILD HOOD was. Poor kid has been fighting since he was 4 goddamn years old.

Goku got to be raised by his grandpa and have a happy childhood until he was at least 9

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Burkion posted:

Gohan's age is a bit hosed due to the Time Chamber

So that adds what, one, two years maybe? So that's still basically the same age. He was also homeschooled before then so he could have gotten into that school "early" if them being the same biological age matters that much to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

IcePhoenix posted:

So that adds what, one, two years maybe? So that's still basically the same age. He was also homeschooled before then so he could have gotten into that school "early" if them being the same biological age matters that much to you.

YOu're being weirdly aggressive about this

My point was that it makes sense for Gohan to be whatever age compared to Videl. Year younger, year older it doesn't matter because I'm not sure Gohan really knows how old he actually is anymore.