Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Everyone at some point should go try and solo The Guar.

It's just a cute little normal guar professor. And class is in session.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Aramek posted:

Everyone at some point should go try and solo The Guar.

It's just a cute little normal guar professor. And class is in session.

Which zone is this WB in? I've heard about it a bunch here, but I haven't seen it since probably before vet levels were removed.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
If it's the one in Deshaan, I definitely soloed it months ago with my stamsorc. If the group boss isn't in a DLC area, and is just one enemy, it's probably soloable.

I can't remember if it was in Greenshade or Malabal Tor, somewhere near the ocean, but there was a group boss that was a necromancer / bone golem pair, and that's the hardest one I've managed to solo.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Dec 29, 2017

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Rollersnake posted:

If it's the one in Deshaan, I definitely soloed it months ago with my stamsorc. If the group boss isn't in a DLC area, and is just one enemy, it's probably soloable.

Oh yeah that's probably him, I kept logging out next to him and farming him for a while, he's not too bad you just need to block/dodge his bullshit.

did it as stamsorc as well because stamsorc best class.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I still can't solo WBs on my cp 220 magblade, I can kite them in circles for a while but I inevitably get hit a couple of times and die

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I still can't solo WBs on my cp 220 magblade, I can kite them in circles for a while but I inevitably get hit a couple of times and die

You probably need to block/dodge more or you don't have proper self heals, I know stamblades can selfheal like crazy, and I assume magblade can too.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Yeah healing is easy but when you die in a few hits and WBs have insane health it's hard to take them down without eventually messing up. I'm probably also bad

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Seriously, gently caress the bosses in this game. Keeper Imiril in BC2 is even worse than the stupid skeleton idiot. Whose idea was a boss you can only damage for five or ten seconds out of every 30, and who summons infinite spawns. How can anyone misunderstand basic game mechanics like this? Holy christ.

Every single fight can't just be a DPS race. You have to give players more input in the fight. Like maybe something to prevent the boss from portaling away or in some way not just make her immune to damage every few seconds.

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura
While I will agree that there is not much that the game will tell you up front about some of the dungeon mechanics in the level II dungeons, part of the reason is that you will already have encountered most of these mechanics in one form or another in other instances. What you are describing is the mechanic, she teleports away and cannot be damaged. The last miniboss before you fight Vorenor Winterbourne in Spindleclutch II has the same mechanic (just no adds) and Tremorscale in Volenfell does as well. It's not a DPS race, the fight has stages and you need to deal with the add phase, and then back to boss. Bitching about the mechanics when you already discovered the mechanic is rather lost on me.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

DoriDori240 posted:

While I will agree that there is not much that the game will tell you up front about some of the dungeon mechanics in the level II dungeons, part of the reason is that you will already have encountered most of these mechanics in one form or another in other instances. What you are describing is the mechanic, she teleports away and cannot be damaged. The last miniboss before you fight Vorenor Winterbourne in Spindleclutch II has the same mechanic (just no adds) and Tremorscale in Volenfell does as well. It's not a DPS race, the fight has stages and you need to deal with the add phase, and then back to boss. Bitching about the mechanics when you already discovered the mechanic is rather lost on me.
First: there's no requirement that you do these dungeons in order. Second: It is absolutely a DPS race, especially since the boss has effectively millions more HP than listed. Third: The add phases are much, much longer than the boss phases, and they don't end. It just loops infinitely. Which, again, makes it a DPS race, since eventually you will be overwhelmed unless you have enough DPS. Fourth: Tanking mechanics that only make it possible to gain aggro from a single enemy at a time make dealing with adds largely the DPS' job. Fifth: The players have no other input in the mechanic than DPS. The tank can't prevent the boss from teleporting away, and also see point four. All the party can do is kill adds as fast as possible. Sixth: There is no way of knowing whether you have the DPS to beat a boss until you reach them. The requirements can suddenly jump way up, regardless of whether you could handle other bosses in the same dungeon. There's no item level requirement, the level requirements aren't clear, and it's a total gamble as to whether a party can deal with anything. In better-designed MMOs, a party of the right level who understanding how the game works can overcome dungeon challenges - see WoW or FF14.

It seems like the game designers haven't fully thought through their own mechanics. I didn't play the game before Tamriel Unlimited, but I'm guessing they need to change some of the math now that the way characters work is so different. ESO is a way better soloing/leveling experience than a lot of MMOs, but the multiplayer and teamwork portions of the game need work.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!
Um, that's a hell of a post about a fight that should, no offense, be really easy. Yes, she teleports at set times and you kill adds. Rinse, repeat. If you are ever in a group that has trouble with that fight, leave it. Like, just run like hell, man. As far as fights like that not having much in the way of mechanics that require real player input and coordination, that's because that kinda stuff is in more difficult content. Believe me, you'll have plenty of complex mechanics later on. Also, the main bar to beating something (unless it has an enrage mechanic) is never "more DPS" so much as "don't die". Anything can be done if you're still alive. In fights like that, pace yourself, because there's a 5 second or so gap between the adds going down and her popping back up. Use that time to heal, rebuff, or throw out ground AOEs where she's gonna spawn. That said, it is an annoying fight precisely because you can't just DPS everything down in a heartbeat.

Find a solid goon group with a more experienced player or 2 and you should have a much better time with it. And if you want pain-in-the-rear end mechanics and dumb bullshit, look no further than the fight right after the one you were talking about. They gave Daedroths knockback. Many laughs to be had.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mr. Carrier Pigeon posted:

Um, that's a hell of a post about a fight that should, no offense, be really easy. Yes, she teleports at set times and you kill adds. Rinse, repeat. If you are ever in a group that has trouble with that fight, leave it. Like, just run like hell, man. As far as fights like that not having much in the way of mechanics that require real player input and coordination, that's because that kinda stuff is in more difficult content. Believe me, you'll have plenty of complex mechanics later on. Also, the main bar to beating something (unless it has an enrage mechanic) is never "more DPS" so much as "don't die". Anything can be done if you're still alive. In fights like that, pace yourself, because there's a 5 second or so gap between the adds going down and her popping back up. Use that time to heal, rebuff, or throw out ground AOEs where she's gonna spawn. That said, it is an annoying fight precisely because you can't just DPS everything down in a heartbeat.

Find a solid goon group with a more experienced player or 2 and you should have a much better time with it. And if you want pain-in-the-rear end mechanics and dumb bullshit, look no further than the fight right after the one you were talking about. They gave Daedroths knockback. Many laughs to be had.
But that's one of the problems I brought up. It's not about easy or hard, it's about whether a party equipped to handle the rest of the dungeon can do it. The game never makes it clear what your team needs to be able to beat a dungeon.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

But that's one of the problems I brought up. It's not about easy or hard, it's about whether a party equipped to handle the rest of the dungeon can do it. The game never makes it clear what your team needs to be able to beat a dungeon.

That's the downfall of OneTamriel and removing the vet levels, the game wasn't actually re-balanced very well, they could go back and do it

The 2s actually used to be the veteran versions of each dungeon, they named them 2s, and (I believe) left them the same difficulty then made the vet versions "harder" (made numbers bigger), the 1s stayed the same difficulty and the vet version of them just got +numbers, so the 2s are straight up harder than the 1s, while this game doesn't out-right say that, it should be somewhat assumed. Realistically you should be able to do those fights, on normal, provided you have a healer, 2 dps and a tank, people also need to understand how to play, i.e. manage resources and do their job somewhat competently.

I mean, some dungeons you just will get poo poo on, this even happened in WoW, at least when I played (played retail through TBC and emus through WoTLK), and sometimes your group just couldn't do poo poo because you either didn't have the gear to plow through poo poo by ignoring mechanics/tanking everything at once or you didn't have X class that could CC Y thing.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I really hope they do go back and at the very least change some level requirements around or fix some numbers.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

One Tamriel *was* the rebalancing update. With Clockwork city they added arbitrary requirements to the dlc dungeons so that level 10s wouldn't get stuck doing Falkreath hold as their daily random.

And yeah, Imiril is a joke compared to the endboss for that dungeon (Banished Cells II). Rilis will absolutely gently caress a group up if people don't know the mechanics.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

On the plus side, ESO has the most fun solo/leveling game I've seen in an MMO outside of dungeons. It's really good for that.

They just need to provide players with better information regarding things like "is this build viable" and "can I handle this dungeon." Or at the very least add in some better CP level requirements instead of just "at 50, you can do all the dungeons."

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003
commanding officer of the Army of Dorkness

FactsAreUseless posted:

They just need to provide players with better information regarding things like "is this build viable" and "can I handle this dungeon." Or at the very least add in some better CP level requirements instead of just "at 50, you can do all the dungeons."

You're not wrong. In that aspect ESO actually has a very EQ2 feel--there's just kinda a mess of stuff out there and no real guide or hints as to what is appropriate to tackle when. You just wander in and quickly find out by getting face-rolled or not. On the one hand, it preserves the TES mentality of "we're just gonna let you figure poo poo out for yourself," on the other, it means you usually have to resort to an external guide or website to figure out what you should be doing, which is kinda lame.

I can only imagine this was less of an issue before they went and revamped the whole leveling thing, but at the moment it's hella confusing for a new player. I mean, I'm level 30(ish) right now and still have no idea how to go about assessing what's too hard--everything's CP 160 to me, but there's still a solid range of difficulty hidden within that, with minimal indication of what's what until I go smack something and find out the hard way.

Bustycops
Mar 3, 2010

Sup Lads
That's always been the double edged sword of ESO's immersion, the game will never explain to you why what you're doing is inadequate.

On the one hand cool; no obnoxious pop-ups talking about SP and MP, no handholding talent trees where the skill at the top is obviously the best and strongest, and no arbitrary restrictions on dungeons telling you you need to be item level 293.45 to enter.

On the other hand, you'll never get corrected while leveling, so it's very easy to get stuck into a loop of badness. Where a boss is tough because DPS sucks, but DPS sucks because they don't have enough mainstat, and they don't have enough mainstat because they never realized skills scale directly off Magicka or Stamina. So a group is wearing out their keyboards trying to beat some unfair boss, when the reality is the boss is fine, they just hosed themselves 400 hours ago by making a wild assumption about stats at level 3.

No mistake is unfixable either its very easy to reinvent your character in ESO, but many new players carry that Elder Scrolls mentality of having their perfect build envisioned at level 1, and so not only are they not very good they're also completely stubborn about trying out new skills or weapon combinations.

Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

So I haven't played in some 2 years. Have a relatively fresh lvl 50 sorc and realized all my skill points and everything got reset. Where do you go now to level and anyone point me in the direction of some potential builds? Pretty sure I am still a vamp assuming that is still good in PVP? I assume all my gear is garbage.

Mr.Trifecta fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Dec 31, 2017

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
My most recent thing in ESO I wish I realized months ago is how extremely well a back bar Restoration Staff works with DPS builds. Both damage and healing scale off of spell damage, and resto staff has a great passive (Cycle of Life) that boosts magicka restore from heavy attacks.

So with my Alcast-ish magicka dragonknight build, I'm using a resto staff with a steal magicka rune instead of a lightning staff with a steal magicka rune on the back bar, and two healing skills (Combat Prayer, Rapid Regeneration) in place of a self-heal (Coagulating Blood) and a snare that's useless against bosses anyway (Burning Talons). I feel like I'm sacrificing nothing by going partial healer, and now I can queue as a healer for random dungeons without technically lying while compensating for pubbies who don't know how to DPS.

Edit: Oh, wait, I guess since I don't have a Draconic Power skill on the back bar anymore I'm sacrificing a little bit of healing and health regeneration from the passives while I have that bar active. I never had any on the front bar to begin with. I'm sure it's still worth it.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Dec 31, 2017

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

keeper imiril is a real annoying fight true because you can't just kill her in one minute with a good group, youve got to actually run around and she often hops out of your AoE constantly

but her real sin is if you have anyone in the group doing the dungeon quest there's like a five minute long dialogue between the npcs that you cant skip before updating the quest objective so everyone has to sit around and scowl at the one new player just trying to get a skill point

FactsAreUseless posted:

On the plus side, ESO has the most fun solo/leveling game I've seen in an MMO outside of dungeons. It's really good for that.

good rule of thumb for non-dlc dungeons is basically "is it normal difficulty?" then you can be level 10.

"is it vet difficulty?" then be level 50 CP 160, not because of difficulty but its kind of pointless to get valued set drops that you will outlevel in a day

CP dependent gear tiers are kind of pointless in this day and age with the catch up system but that's a different discussion

Berke Negri fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Dec 31, 2017

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Berke Negri posted:

"is it vet difficulty?" then be level 50 CP 160, not because of difficulty but its kind of pointless to get valued set drops that you will outlevel in a day

It's also demoralizing to have a <160 dps even if thats snobby and irrational, everyone's thinking it.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I got kicked out of a group for being too low level to dps at cp 210, the fun never ends

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I just played this game again today and its fun. I still have a billion things to do and I haven't even started on Morrowind yet. All my CP skills were reset though, is this build still good for a magplar?

Oh right can I also get re-invited to the goon guild? @dromalphrenia

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

That looks like its over a year old (only 561 champion points) and there's been an overhaul of champion trees in Morrowind so maybe use https://alcasthq.com/eso-magicka-templar-build-pve/ instead.

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008
Ok bored goons, lets run me through vWGT and vVoM so I can get gear, or nWGT works too.

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

As much as it sucked in WoW, a proving grounds kinda thing would be a nice way to gate content in this otherwise very open game. My "healing build" could be a lot of setups ranging from horseshit to gold. Some way to check myself before I wreck a group would be beautiful, because what works in Fungal Grotto 1 will not fly in Wayrest Sewers 2 (gently caress that lich and parties that won't cluster for healing bursts).

This game is super permissive towards us players which is great, but it could stand to have a moment or two of "hold your poo poo, this is tough".

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Yeah I can definitely agree with the opinion that solo or non-serious group content is great in ESO, but veteran content is much more mysterious. When I would run dungeons with experienced goons, I'm not even sure I was playing "correctly" - I just used abilities whenever they seemed useful, and dodged stuff that looked deadly. My most recent point of comparison is FF14, where I absolutely knew my role and there were clearly defined rules of engagement for different encounters and bosses. ESO feels much more... chaotic. I have no doubt I would drag a group down in veteran content, not least because I don't really feel like I have a set role.

I'm a templar and I have some heal abilities, so should I throw more heal-staff skills onto my tiny-rear end hotbar or would I be better served with DPS skills? In FF14 I had far more active abilities I could use, so I would DPS until healing became necessary. In easy dungeons with goons that could probably solo the whole thing, I can just spam my little spear on everything and maybe hit my heal every so often (and laserbeam the stuff under 50%) but that's some scrubby pubby poo poo.

Berke Negri posted:

That looks like its over a year old (only 561 champion points) and there's been an overhaul of champion trees in Morrowind so maybe use https://alcasthq.com/eso-magicka-templar-build-pve/ instead.

Thanks so much, that'll be my new guide. Now to grind up a billion more champion levels since I'm taking full advantage of the holiday Experience Beer.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

dromal phrenia posted:

Yeah I can definitely agree with the opinion that solo or non-serious group content is great in ESO, but veteran content is much more mysterious. When I would run dungeons with experienced goons, I'm not even sure I was playing "correctly" - I just used abilities whenever they seemed useful, and dodged stuff that looked deadly. My most recent point of comparison is FF14, where I absolutely knew my role and there were clearly defined rules of engagement for different encounters and bosses. ESO feels much more... chaotic. I have no doubt I would drag a group down in veteran content, not least because I don't really feel like I have a set role.

I'm a templar and I have some heal abilities, so should I throw more heal-staff skills onto my tiny-rear end hotbar or would I be better served with DPS skills? In FF14 I had far more active abilities I could use, so I would DPS until healing became necessary. In easy dungeons with goons that could probably solo the whole thing, I can just spam my little spear on everything and maybe hit my heal every so often (and laserbeam the stuff under 50%) but that's some scrubby pubby poo poo.

Thanks so much, that'll be my new guide. Now to grind up a billion more champion levels since I'm taking full advantage of the holiday Experience Beer.

Have you decided WHAT you want to do? In ESO, thanks to having a limit of 10 active skills, you need to specialize. Do you want to DPS, heal or tank? if dps magicka or stamina? Then you can google builds, or find them in previous posts here. ESO is only chaotic because you don't understand it and haven't put forth the effort to do so yet.

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003
commanding officer of the Army of Dorkness

MF_James posted:

ESO is only chaotic because you don't understand it and haven't put forth the effort to do so yet.

While you're not wrong, part of the criticism is that there's literally zero information available in-game on a lot of core functionality. Like the fact that most skills scale off Stamina/Magic and therefore you should never ever put points into Health (unless you're a tank--and even then it's iffy) is both crucial to understand and never actually explained anywhere.

This leads to a situation where if you want to have any idea how the hell to make a functional character, you're required to go research it on various websites and hope what you're reading isn't entirely wrong. And I'm not just saying little tips and tricks to maximize synergy and eek out that last 5% DPS like for FFXIV or WoW, but more like "hey so did you know that you need to animation-cancel if you want to even have a chance of putting out the DPS necessary to clear a lot of the later dungeons?" and other absolutely foundational things.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

DrDork posted:

While you're not wrong, part of the criticism is that there's literally zero information available in-game on a lot of core functionality. Like the fact that most skills scale off Stamina/Magic and therefore you should never ever put points into Health (unless you're a tank--and even then it's iffy) is both crucial to understand and never actually explained anywhere.
I don't disagree with this at all. One of the biggest failings of this game is the did that stupid thing where they were like "hurr durr Eldar Scrulls do whatever kk" except that's not true in the least in a combat-based game with clearly defined rules for how to make things happen. I mean, in the overworld, do whatever the gently caress, but past that you need to know your poo poo and the game does a bad job of that. That said, some recent posting on the ESO forum about some upcoming changes lead me to believe there may be a resolution to this. We'll see.

DrDork posted:

This leads to a situation where if you want to have any idea how the hell to make a functional character, you're required to go research it on various websites and hope what you're reading isn't entirely wrong. And I'm not just saying little tips and tricks to maximize synergy and eek out that last 5% DPS like for FFXIV or WoW, but more like "hey so did you know that you need to animation-cancel if you want to even have a chance of putting out the DPS necessary to clear a lot of the later dungeons?" and other absolutely foundational things.
This is kinda true but for the same reason as the above. "Content creators" and the like understand these fundamental mechanics and, thus, can create builds that work because of how they utilize them. Problem is, if you don't understand WHY they work, then it's hopeless in the long run. So we're back to the above again.

Oh, and since you mentioned it (and I'm not singling you out or anything Dr Dork, just addressing the whole class based on your observation) there is drat near NOTHING you should be "animation canceling" in a PVE rotation. Maybe I'm being pedantic, but I hope everyone reads the poo poo I'm about to write because we've had a massive influx of new players lately an this poo poo is key to understanding how to play.

"Animation cancelling" is the general idea of breaking animations within the global cool down of skills by using basic abilities such as blocking and roll dodging to essentially stop what you're doing to do that instead. These things are on a separate cooldown from skills you put on your bar, and in the ability queue, take priority. This is super useful for certain skills with really long animations, though this is mostly something you would utilize in fast-paced, burst-damage-oriented PVP.

THIS IS NOT WHAT YOU DO IN PVE. With the exception of barswap cancelling, you don't do this as part of a PVE rotation. No, I don't give a gently caress what streamer said some dumb poo poo about his "hot Rakkhat parse tricks", you don't loving do this in PVE.

What you DO do, is weave light and heavy attacks between using skill on your bar, which, yeah, in fact, does cut the animations short. However, you're never "stopping" an animation so much as "blending" multiple animations together in a rhythmic flow. As I said above, skills on your bar and basic actions have separate cooldowns, and among those basic things are light and heavy attacks. This not only cuts down on the amount of slow bullshit animation time that has to play out, but also helps you sustain your resources and does a boatload of damage on it's own. It's also used to proc certain skills and added effects on certain sets. If you aren't already, get used to clicking LMB a lot more. No, this poo poo isn't optional, it is mandatory. Go practice it at anyone's house on a target skeleton. Skill - light attack - skill - light attack etc. etc.

And since I mentioned barswap cancelling, this is something you do right at the end of using your abilities on the bar you're on at that moment. So, for example, you do skill - heavy attack - skill - heavy attack - buff skill - barswap. In this example, you would hit the key for that buff skill and then immediately hit barswap, essentially stopping the animation and taking you to your other bar to do stuff there. This is pretty drat useful too. This IS animation cancelling, but in the smoothest and least obstructive way possible. Practice doing this at the end of dropping all your poo poo on, say, your bow bar before swapping back to your daggers or whatever.

Christ, I'mma have to effort post on all this stuff at some point.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

lol if you're not just mashing whatever is next off cooldown til you're out of [resource]

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

rickiep00h posted:

lol if you're not just mashing whatever is next off cooldown til you're out of [resource]

What is a cooldown

Sounds dreadful

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

I've never really played WoW or FFXIV but I'm guessing you're going to have to do at least some out of game reading/research before you start tackling actual end game content.

That said, always feel free to ask seemingly dumb questions either here or in guild chat/discord. Goons don't mind and some of us have been playing through this game for years. PUGs may have to be godawful but there's no reason for you to have to suffer the same fate.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Sixto Lezcano posted:

What is a cooldown

Sounds dreadful

Good point.

rickiep00h posted:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I played WoW a bunch and still this conversation just makes me want to avoid endgame. I like traipsing around and doing whatever but I guess when my time comes I’d like to not ruin a group by just being there.

By which I mean happy new year goons 🌞

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

Guess what you can always keep traipsing. You'll keep getting champion points and seeing cool stuff. I have played a grazillion hours of this game and never set foot in a trial. There's just so much else to do!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Snowy posted:

I played WoW a bunch and still this conversation just makes me want to avoid endgame. I like traipsing around and doing whatever but I guess when my time comes I’d like to not ruin a group by just being there.

By which I mean happy new year goons 🌞
FF14 and WoW both have way better endgames. I think they'll make it better, it just hasn't caught up to their changes to leveling.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007
You can't kill me, I quit!
Hello my name is tgidieday and I am addicted to soul assault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

MAGPLAR LIVES