Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Shindragon posted:

Yup. :v: Shenron is a goddamn troll

I guess it would make sense if some dude was like 100 and his family kept wishing him back after he kept dying from being old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Considering Freeza comes back as a puzzle I've always assumed that wishing someone back just brings them back as they were right before they died, so wishing someone back who died of natural causes would basically just bring them back so they can die again.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

Considering Freeza comes back as a puzzle I've always assumed that wishing someone back just brings them back as they were right before they died, so wishing someone back who died of natural causes would basically just bring them back so they can die again.

On the other hand Chaotzu and Krillin came back intact and Tien got his arm back so maybe the Dragon was just being a poo poo.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I figured with Freeza it wasn't just that he was chopped into pico de douchebag by Trunks, it was that he was already missing like forty percent of his body and probably Bulma had long ago broken his augs down to see if there were any cool ideas in there to copy.

Even if he is able to sustain wounds like that far better than humans can, he was still in a bad state, and unlike the Z-fighters, the celestial hierarchy has no desire to make it easier for them.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The dragon can bring people back restored whole with new bodies. Sometimes, he doesn't want to

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

seiferguy posted:

And just to clarify, future Gohan and Bulma can't wish back Goku because Shenron can't bring back people who die of natural causes?

They tried and were beat to the punch by Pilaf and the gang who used the last wish the Dragon Balls ever produced to turn themselves into babies

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
There's not really much you can do to restore a body that's just too old though. With Elder Guru the dragon was only able to bring him back for a short amount of time, and that was only because Frieza stressed him out.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
the Dragon brought back Frezia in chunks because he had to grant the wish but he didn't want to; he just went super literal genie and brought him back as chunklets under 'well you didn't TECHNICALLY say you wanted him in one piece, so here's a slurry'

The English dub at least is 100% clear on that iirc.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Stallion Cabana posted:

the Dragon brought back Frezia in chunks because he had to grant the wish but he didn't want to; he just went super literal genie and brought him back as chunklets under 'well you didn't TECHNICALLY say you wanted him in one piece, so here's a slurry'

The English dub at least is 100% clear on that iirc.

The latin american dub has him saying he can brought Freezer's spirit back but it wouldn't do any good since his body went to poo poo years ago and instead of you know, asking him to resurrect him on a restored body, Tagoma says that is fine if Freezer is resurrected in pieces since they can restore him with their tech.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
But Earth was destroyed once by Buu. Which I guess means that when the world was restored with the Namekian dragon balls, Frieza's remains came back too.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Guys guys guys guys....*breathe* I just saw TFS Abridged Dragon Ball Z and it is the best thing ever on Youtube oh my god it owned...*pant*

I just wanted to tell everyone.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Gatts posted:

Guys guys guys guys....*breathe* I just saw TFS Abridged Dragon Ball Z and it is the best thing ever on Youtube oh my god it owned...*pant*

I just wanted to tell everyone.

Glad you liked it have fun with SUper

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
But none of this freezer talk justifies why Goku won't wish King Kai back

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Burkion posted:

Glad you liked it have fun with SUper

It was hilarious. The funniest series I've seen on YouTube along with "If the Emperor had a text to speech device Warhammer 40K" one. Timing, voice acting, comedy was great and it actually did well with the story and characters better than just the regular series. Good writing too.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Let's be real, with all these different celestial tiers of command it can be easy to forget one of the middle management positions.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Fargin Icehole posted:

I remember in the battle of the gods dub that Mai said she was in her 40s in a half joking half truth way, so im pretty sure their memory is still okay. Kinda weird that they let them hang around in super or that they don't remember them.

I think those that do remember don't really care, because hey, it's the first guys we fought when we were actual children, but now they're babies and our stupid friend has the power of a god if they fall out of line.

Also they were kinda incompetent even back then, so no real reason to be worried.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Part of King Kai's training centered on telling a proper joke. Goku refusing to wish King Kai back and failing at every attempt is actually him making King Kai's lifeless existence a dark joke, thus showing that he has learned his mentor's greatest attack. His devotion to this is such that he will contrive multiple situations simply to dangle the possibility of life in front of King Kai, only to yank it away at the last second, bringing sick joy to all of us.

It is the greatest gift Goku can give.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Wait. King Kai is dead? When was this? After Cell blew up?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Goku is an idiot and he keeps forgetting.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Gatts posted:

goku spotted

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Gatts posted:

Yup and he never got wished back to life. The super episode of Goku using the dragon balls (everyone wanted a wish it seems) was hilarious because Shenron couldn’t hold out much longer without someone making a wish and was like see ya assholes in 6 months.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
:_( King Kai was cool.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Well, I mean he's still around and basically doing the same things. In the episode where Goku WAS gonna bring him back 18 even calls him out that, since he still has his body, there isn't really any difference between being alive or dead for him.

King Kai's only response is that being dead feels weird.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Why didn't the post cell game wish bring him back anyway?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

dr.acula posted:

Goku killed King Kai by bringing a bomb to his doorstep.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

You'd think there'd be someone in the afterlife that could just fix it. Some deity that has the power to be like "Oh, one of our gods is dead. Better fix that."

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
That's probably the only time that death actually has a meaning. Remember how Goku told Vegeta if he died while he's dead (somehow that's a thing) then he just never returns/stops existing. Sides, not like much is different with King Kai dead. :v:

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Shindragon posted:

That's probably the only time that death actually has a meaning. Remember how Goku told Vegeta if he died while he's dead (somehow that's a thing) then he just never returns/stops existing.

Considering the realm of the dead in Dragonball is literally just a physical place somewhere in space you can go to and come back from, dying while dead is hardly the most ridiculous aspect of death in this series.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Oh it’s Gatts welcome

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
So I recently got vrv by Crunchyroll and it includes Funimation and more, but the new episode has been up for a bit now hasn't it?
When/where does it show up first legally?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Quaint Quail Quilt posted:

So I recently got vrv by Crunchyroll and it includes Funimation and more, but the new episode has been up for a bit now hasn't it?
When/where does it show up first legally?

There's no episode this week.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I caught up to the dub and now I guess I'll have to try out the sub for the first time in my Dragon Ball life cause there's no way I'm waiting 2+ years to catch up to where the sub is now.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Fargin Icehole posted:

I remember in the battle of the gods dub that Mai said she was in her 40s in a half joking half truth way, so im pretty sure their memory is still okay. Kinda weird that they let them hang around in super or that they don't remember them.

Would you remember a lovely villain that doesn't even know how to kidnap a baby right when you're fighting robots that eat people, candy demons and an angry cat god?

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

dr.acula posted:

Probably to counter-balance Guru getting revived though he wasn't killed by Frieza.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Crunchyroll has decided to stop believing my internet connection exists so maybe I won't be catching this one soon.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Rand Brittain posted:

Crunchyroll has decided to stop believing my internet connection exists so maybe I won't be catching this one soon.
It's OK for now.

Oh Snapple! posted:

There's no episode this week.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
New episode was good loved seeing them break out the Gohan/17 Potara fusion. Wasn’t expecting that one

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Didn't think Gohan Blanco would show up this soon, Super's really kicking the pacing into high gear

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Can't believe the Hit fans were actually right, loved when he killed Frieza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
That Shaggy Rojo vs Cell Dorado was rad, but I hope they fix the animation in Blu-Rays.