Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Heroes has, at least, given us some cool "official" looks at stuff like a teenage/young adult Gotenks and such

Oh, and female SSJ, long before Kale and Caulifla.

jivjov fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Dec 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

SpazmasterX posted:

SS4 is such a stupid form too.

I'll take it over Super's transformations any day of the week. :colbert:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

You have real bad taste.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ultra Instinct is so much better than SSJ4 it isn't even funny.'

I mean it helps that it's basically Goku + some shiny effects but still.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
SS4 is more visually interesting and ties better with the Saiyan lore than just having them change hair colors. SSGod was bad enough but Rosé was the straw that broke the camel's back.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

SS4 is more visually interesting and ties better with the Saiyan lore than just having them change hair colors. SSGod was bad enough but Rosé was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Akira doesn’t give a gently caress about the lore why should I

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

I can't believe I just read the words "Saiyan lore".

Toriyama didn't even remember they had tails.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

CharlestheHammer posted:

Akira doesn’t give a gently caress about the lore why should I

The next movie being about the original legendary Super Saiyan (for reals this time) says otherwise.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

The next movie being about the original legendary Super Saiyan (for reals this time) says otherwise.

I thought the movie was about the original god

Either way with often it changes I can say with a guarantee that he doesn’t give a poo poo no

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Dec 31, 2017

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

CharlestheHammer posted:

I thought the movie was about the original god

He's both the first Super Saiyan and the first to attain SSG.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

He's both the first Super Saiyan and the first to attain SSG.

Lol Toryama you lazy bastard

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Goku looks so much better in Super Saiyan 4 in Heroes than he does with those awful yellow pants.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

This means literally the opposite considering it will be about changing hair colors and the most recent Saiyan stuff involves Saiyans who don't have tails or turn into giant apes.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I'm bad and I like SSj4's look, but hated the mustard pants, so I'm shameless further when I see the new outfit and think it looks way the gently caress better on Goku, with my final caveat asking that the hair color either be a much darker red rather than SSG salmon, or just be Gogeta brown, and call the drat thing Super Saiyan Oozaru

I'm glad Heroes is having its own fun dumping ground of insane what-ifs that Xenoverse isn't brave enough to indulge in

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Archenteron posted:

Is that SSJ4 Goku and Bardock being chased by LSSJ4-Shadow Dragon-Time Breaker Broly Black?

I can't believe I semi-seriously typed those words.

While it was already said that yes, it's that, I need to point out that the former is Goku: Xeno and, most importantly, the latter is officially called "Broly Dark".

Also I agree with the pro-Super Saiyan 4 comments and the anti-GT Goku pants comments. Xeno Goku pulls off the look so much better by merely changing the pants, it's ridiculous. Xeno Vegeta...looks interesting with armour on top of the SS4 form.

Anyways, here's all the openings from Heroes if anyone has an hour free, they're good and interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwaJx-VzIX8

And the movie isn't confirmed to be about Yamoshi, it's about "the origins of the Saiyan race" but that's all we know. It'll likely be about Yamoshi though.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I prefer the concept of God than 4 though, since God is supposed to be about complete control, while 4 is essentially the untapped beast within. Especially if you compare the reasons behind both of them. I don't think anyone ever wants to rewatch how Goku got his tail back.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I think SSj4 Vegeta with full armor on is a good look. Kind of makes him look like a savage and a villain again, so it feels like power without having to blow up the chroma.

EDIT: God is a really neat form. I wish it had become more of a default with Blue coming much later, so both Goku and Vegeta could cruise crimson and doing the fire theme for a while.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

When do we get to see SSJ4 Trunks? I want to know what it does to his hair

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

He's either going to lavender or blueberry it up enough to make Goku Black Rose ™©Ω jealous, or he'll go red and black as the default which will look really odd on him but who knows

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
SSJ4 is neat in concept, lacking in execution, and hideous in design. I'll gladly stick with Raspberry Ritual, Blueberry Ascension, Pink Lemonade Genocide, and Classic EX Plus α over Hairy Cherry any day.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Speaking of Super Saiyan and GT, I have to wonder what Pan could have done. I mean, she never got to do it, yes, but Perfect Files mentioned something about her potentially having access to a form of SSJ never seen before. What the heck would that have been? Super Saiyan Potential Unleashed Super Saiyan? Great Super Sayaiman 3?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Saiyans get stronger as their bloodline gets weakened it’s like the biggest Zenkai

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

At least Xeno Goku in that form has a proper Monkey King vibe going for him with the costume, which is a neat end to imagine for some incarnation of him; just the colors and distinction could use some work.

I always enjoyed the idea of SSj4 being SSj3 but without any real limit on it. poo poo like Kamehamehax10. Just idiot levels of strength and output over any idea of control.

but yeah in my own way I've made peace with the slush puppy lineup of divine ki color customs and further-beyond-beyonds, so lesse what poo poo Gohan pulls out of his rear end before this ends and Goku wins with the admittedly awesome and fresh Akuma Mode Ocean Commotion Scent

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Flytrap posted:

Speaking of Super Saiyan and GT, I have to wonder what Pan could have done. I mean, she never got to do it, yes, but Perfect Files mentioned something about her potentially having access to a form of SSJ never seen before. What the heck would that have been? Super Saiyan Potential Unleashed Super Saiyan? Great Super Sayaiman 3?

She's Gohan's daughter, Goku's grandkid, and the daughter of a woman who showed incredible ki control and promise before being unfortunately forced off the stage. She went Super Saiyan in utero during a God-creation ritual. Pan could be what Gohan didn't want to be, the kind of hellish prodigy that's raging SSj3 on her own by the time she's 13.

GT was cursed and doomed her to never be anything but a creepy pedo object. She should have been tearing her headscarf off from popping yellow too often and making Trunks compete for the next Goku/Vegeta rivalry as they raged across the hellscape universe with a kid Goku constantly limited by his child body from being the only one to win. Maybe Super or a sequel will let her shine like it's seeming to promise.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

SS4 Goku looked even shittier in GT proper because the show itself looked like rear end.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
If SSJ4 didn't have that weird pec window and the red-eyeliner, it would have looked fine. Instead, it's the most bad 90s anime design ever.

Worklurker
Jan 2, 2014

Black August posted:

She's Gohan's daughter, Goku's grandkid, and the daughter of a woman who showed incredible ki control and promise before being unfortunately forced off the stage. She went Super Saiyan in utero during a God-creation ritual. Pan could be what Gohan didn't want to be, the kind of hellish prodigy that's raging SSj3 on her own by the time she's 13.

GT was cursed and doomed her to never be anything but a creepy pedo object. She should have been tearing her headscarf off from popping yellow too often and making Trunks compete for the next Goku/Vegeta rivalry as they raged across the hellscape universe with a kid Goku constantly limited by his child body from being the only one to win. Maybe Super or a sequel will let her shine like it's seeming to promise.

If they go the revive and mash all the universes into one route, they should make a Dragon Ball Super GT.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

You even have the U6 Saiyans to act as rivals and pseudo-villains depending on the situation. Caulifla and Kale are already in place as extreme prodigies (being U6 Goku and Broly), giving someone like Pan a goal to surpass. Throw Bulla in there along with Goten and Trunks and Uub. Have Vegeta graduate to Destroyer like might be hinted as happening eventually, so he can be a story trump card or somesuch. There's just a whole drat lot you could do for a post-EoZ deal if you want to rip GT apart with a much much stronger background set up for the cosmology.

Black-Star Dragon Balls? gently caress that! Pan is gonna hunt the Supers.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Pan should’ve been born a SSG

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I love how stupid Heroes is

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Pan and Bra will fuse into Brapan on accident during Bra's first birthday party.

Brapan then obliterates El Grande Padre with a thought.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Funky Valentine posted:

Pan and Bra will fuse into Brapan on accident during Bra's first birthday party.

Brapan then obliterates El Grande Padre with a thought.

Pan could do that unfused.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Pan in GT had the same Maiden gimmick as Brianne too, didn't she?

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Oh look Dark Tits Anime having dumb and wrong opinions.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Worklurker posted:

If they go the revive and mash all the universes into one route, they should make a Dragon Ball Super GT.
Seems to be what they'll do next to the point where not doing it feels more like it'd be faux-clever rather than a subversion. There might be an interlude or something of course but all the pieces are there and we haven't had a classic Ball Chase in decades.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

It's always weird seeing the monkey thing being put out front when outside the beginning of Z it kind of disappeared and no one gave a poo poo.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

This is worse than anything you’ve posted in BSS.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Pan, Bra, Uub, and Marron as a next generation of Z-Fighters with Goten and Trunks chaperoning / mentoring them could be a really great follow-up.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Super Saiyan 4 is overdesigned and not super appealing but I think it was the right move to have a transformation that was noticeably different from previous forms and had some ideas behind it beyond just it's the previous super saiyan form but slightly moreso. It's not the worst saiyan form in the series.

Super did that idea better though with Ultra Instinct. As it was a transformation that wasn't super saiyan at all and it's striking but also real simple and that helps it a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

If you ask me, Ultra Instinct pretty much is Super's take and answer to the idea of Super Saiyan 4. The hair is sort of similar, the eyes do a neat thing, there's the idea of something a little more savage and primal with motions and the voice, and it's not much like any other transformation. UI just does away with a lot of the extraneous detail by keeping it base Goku in design style, and focusing on making it genuinely different and clearly more powerful with how it effortlessly bypasses all the usual fighting styles of the entire show's span.