Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
KLK also incredibly :yikes: about how explicit it is about that abuse, though. And it is therefore double disqualified for using that scene to titillate and thus missing the entire goddamn point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Blaze Dragon posted:

It's a complete waste of time apart from two very good episodes you can watch without context. Wan was amazing but the rest of the Book was by far the weakest out of all the Avatar Books.

Thankfully, Book 3 was amazing to make up for it.

If season 3 was just P'li's death, it'd still be better than season 2.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

amigolupus posted:

A page back, but this is what I'm afraid of as well. Endeavor's character works because he's a hero who's a horrible abusive shithead in his private life. He's made to be hateable. While I'm not sure if he should get a redemption, what he did should be addressed instead of swept under the rug.

I'm curious, but has there been a manga where the parent's abuse has actually been addressed and actually dealt with?

Depending on your definition of abuse.

Oh yeah and Medusa from Soul Eater.

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jan 4, 2018

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

amigolupus posted:

A page back, but this is what I'm afraid of as well. Endeavor's character works because he's a hero who's a horrible abusive shithead in his private life. He's made to be hateable. While I'm not sure if he should get a redemption, what he did should be addressed instead of swept under the rug.

I'm curious, but has there been a manga where the parent's abuse has actually been addressed and actually dealt with?

Unrelated, I'm glad that clicking on names actually takes you back to the post they made again.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

didn't it used to take you to the post even if it was on the same page? because I'm pretty sure it doesn't work like that now

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

didn't it used to take you to the post even if it was on the same page? because I'm pretty sure it doesn't work like that now

I'm pretty sure it worked and I just had some problems because I gently caress up my laptop in ways I don't even realize but my issue is that I'd have to open a new tab to get it to work, basically.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I had that too and I still have to if the post is on the same page as I'm currently on, but I'm not sure if I'm just remembering how it worked wrong or not

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Chrome's had a problem with it for a while. Still does for me.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
poo poo's fixed for me. :toot:

Was still broken as of last week, because I did it expecting it to jump, but it didn't, and I swore. But it works again.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Only works if the post is from another page w. my chrome.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

TheKingofSprings posted:

Zaheer parachute spotted

The avatar is ultimately a stagnating force in the world, a pillar of the status quo, ensuring that nothing of significant growth or change happens. The avatar has ultimately been a conservative force in the world.It took an insane amount of discussion and fighting to convince Aang, a normal sweet boy, that maybe it was okay for people from two separate elemental tribes to live together. As long as the avatar is the ultimate authority of what is Good For Everyone nothing can really change or develop. Korra, who was a strange outlier for Avatars, went against the judgement of her previous incarnations and united the worlds that shouldn't have split in the first place, but she still ultimately was happy letting the powerful crush the weak and let institutional injustice stand.

The avatar is very much like All Might's concept of the Pillar of Peace. The pillar of Peace is good as long as the pillar is,but we see the issue with having a singular super human holding up the entirety of society means that society crumbles as soon as the pillar wavers even a bit. That's why I'm hoping Deku realizes how bad of an idea a singular pillar is and looks to his friends and mentors and realizes we have to build a society upheld by everyone if it is going to be a just society for everyone.

Kill the Avatar, Kill the fire lord, no borders no tribes just peace.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jan 5, 2018

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

I had that too and I still have to if the post is on the same page as I'm currently on, but I'm not sure if I'm just remembering how it worked wrong or not

Kild posted:

Only works if the post is from another page w. my chrome.

Okay, this is the issue I'm having now. Maybe I just had that from the beginning and stopped trying to use it normally for a while.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Actually the best part of Zaheer is that he's just Henry Rollins playing an anarchist completely straight.

e: the worst part is that he never expressed any care for doing the role

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

actually looking at background characters every now and then tends to catch me off-guard

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Tag yourself, I'm the mysterious dark-haired girl(?).

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

There better be a new chapter this week.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Honestly, I don't really mind when we miss weeks because it means either A) he's busy helping with the anime, or B) he's actually getting some sleep.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Good mom

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
Arby's Twitter account manager continues to be a huge nerd:
https://twitter.com/Arbys/status/951498957116489729

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

kinda curious how much Arby's pays the dude to make anime themed fastfood arts and crafts

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

JahRoo posted:

kinda curious how much Arby's pays the dude to make anime themed fastfood arts and crafts

i see you're looking for a job too huh

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The grease stain is a nice touch.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

PMush Perfect posted:

Tag yourself, I'm the mysterious dark-haired girl(?).

i'm the dude with a monkeyface

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.

Elfgames posted:

i'm the dude with a monkeyface

Yeah but which character do you identify with?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://readms.net/r/my_hero_academia/166/4817/1

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Aw man, what a great chapter.
I just want to get that poor teacher some tea and have her go sit in a garden somewhere. Just one panel of her being able to relax, Horikoshi, that's all I ask :ohdear:

Also, this panel here

Really driving home how icyhot is not his father, and is even growing beyond endeavor's expectations.
I dunno, I just really like this panel :3:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

That chapter was great and Bakugau finally seeing the results of some inward focus on how others perceive him.

This comic really shines with its cast of characters.

The idea of quirks getting stronger and stronger each generation is kinda terrifying though.

I think Iida and Todoroki are the two characters that really defied the initial cliche they were intentionally presented as in such good ways.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jan 12, 2018

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Did Bakugo just give recognition to Deku?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

this whole thing with the kids has been cute and good

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
A+ chapter

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I liked Bakugou cracking up at the corny illusion

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Countblanc posted:

I liked Bakugou cracking up at the corny illusion

I just realized is this the first time he's actually laughed at something?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
That felt very warm and fuzzy.

Our boy Bakugou is growin up.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Bakuboy becomes a Bakuman

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Young Bakugou may finally earn his title of King Explosion Murder

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Great chapter. Camie's quirk is pretty cool too.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

PMush Perfect posted:

Deku absolutely started the process and he's still having a huge impact but let's not understate the effect the first day of combat training. He got called out on being an aggressive rear end in a top hat, and perhaps even more importantly, got smacked right in the face with the fact that he was a big fish in a small pond. Suddenly realizing he's not just inherently the best and that he has to work for it is something that informed basically everything he did during the sports festival.
:smugbert:

PMush Perfect posted:

Calling it now, Bakugo is going to have to win the kids over with "fireworks"
:negative:

Well, you can't win em all.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
A good chapter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Mordaedil posted:

Did Bakugo just give recognition to Deku?

Maybe, but very definitely recognizing that not paying attention to the people around him was a shithead thing to do