Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jiffynuts
Jul 6, 2005

It's a-me-a-ha-me-ha
The hype machine for this episode is at least at high as it was for the UI special. It's nuts. Even VRV is crashing now too. Trying to go on crunchyroll at the moment is like Yamcha trying to turn Super Saiyan. I thought the new ep doesn't come out until around 9:15pm EST or so?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

multijoe posted:

Gah fine then

:toxx: that Vegeta won't get any form of Ultra Instinct in the Tournament of Power arc, but probably will go like anime exclusive SSB2 or something

feeling pretty confident about this atm :cool:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

jiffynuts posted:

The hype machine for this episode is at least at high as it was for the UI special. It's nuts. Even VRV is crashing now too. Trying to go on crunchyroll at the moment is like Yamcha trying to turn Super Saiyan. I thought the new ep doesn't come out until around 9:15pm EST or so?

It came out 20 minutes ago.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
episode owned

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

jiffynuts posted:

it used to be at 9 but they put it up an hour earlier now

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I thought it came out at 8:00?

Manatee Cannon posted:

EDIT: Ohh Okay.

jiffynuts
Jul 6, 2005

It's a-me-a-ha-me-ha

Manatee Cannon posted:

Oh drat! Time to watch then!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
looks like ssb2 vegeta has pupils and a darker blue aura

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

jiffynuts posted:

Oh drat! Time to watch then!

good luck, crunchyroll is completely dead right now

wonder if the ps4 app would work

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Manatee Cannon posted:

good luck, crunchyroll is completely dead right now

wonder if the ps4 app would work

The phone app isn't working

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
Can't wait for next week.

Vegeta's "That's my KAKAROT!" transformation will obviously be unstoppable.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
highly recommend you guys look into VRV instead of Crunchyroll

still owned by the same people and it has way less issues like this

its not perfect, it doesn't have quite the full Crunchyroll or Funimation library, but its got a lot and a ton of other stuff too

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

jiffynuts posted:

Japan doesn't DST, it's been up at 8:15-ish eastern since November.

Also lol @ anyone who uses crunchyroll instead of vrv or daisuke

That episode was awesome. Dyspo making Freeza literally eat rocks was hilarious.

jiffynuts
Jul 6, 2005

It's a-me-a-ha-me-ha
God drat I love the SSB theme music. It's so epic.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

eonwe posted:

highly recommend you guys look into VRV instead of Crunchyroll

also down for me

I'll probably just go back to rewatching yu yu hakusho for a while

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Goddamn that was a good episode. DBS rules so much

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
what if i have a paid crunchyroll account? how can i watch things on VRV or daisuke?

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

Watching Frieza get taken down a peg by Dyspo was pretty satisfying.

Now I kinda want to watch a what-if where the Pride Troopers take down Frieza and his empire.

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010
The real power Vegeta will unlock will be teamwork.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Daisuke had it with 1080p like clockwork, just make sure you have a flash player for it.

Episode owned, goddamn.
Jiren is a good character after all?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
That was a pretty good episode, and holy poo poo Jiren is way better when he actually goddamn talks.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008

Zedd posted:

Daisuke had it with 1080p like clockwork, just make sure you have a flash player for it.

Episode owned, goddamn.
Jiren is a good character after all?

Has Jiren been responsible for the erasure of 6 whole universes and the trillions of lives within them?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Macksy posted:

Has Jiren been responsible for the erasure of 6 whole universes and the trillions of lives within them?
Your honor, in my client's defence they just wanted to get stronger.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Why am I paying for Crunchyroll if it never works?

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Jiren: I want something beyond strength.

Goku: Yeah! I wanna get stronger too! :downs:

This and Freeza face down in the dirt were my favorite parts of the episode.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Crunchyroll is broken, tried it on VRV, but I have no subtitles :(

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

lol the animation was so bad in the first few minutes of that episode then got good

what a fun episode

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I see Dyspo attended the Australian Waitressing School after his last appearance in order to take down the evil space emperor

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I'm sad because Jiren seems like he'd be potentially hilarious in a comic situation given his 100% humorless aura but he probably won't ever get a chance to display his potential as someone for comedic characters to bounce off of

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

The Awesomesaurus posted:

Watching Frieza get taken down a peg by Dyspo was pretty satisfying.

Now I kinda want to watch a what-if where the Pride Troopers take down Frieza and his empire.

This is such a cute post! You actually think Freeza wasn't faking it.

Anyway, episode was great. Animation was really lovely to watch. I was thinking 17 would get knocked out this episode but looks like they're going to drag this out a bit. Thats okay, I'm enjoying it.

Looks like Vados has a slight affinity for Universe 7 over Universe 11.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
A minor pet peeve I don't like how Jiren sometimes goes "Ok, ring out time" and blasts someone off the ring clean (u3 jelly guy, Hit) while at other times he decides to just incapacitate someone who has proven to be a potential threat (Kale, Goku, Vegeta) just inches away from the edge and call it a day

Lacking a personality makes these stand out even more since there is no reason as to why he decides to do either.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

lezard_valeth posted:

A minor pet peeve I don't like how Jiren sometimes goes "Ok, ring out time" and blasts someone of the ring clean (u3 jelly guy, Hit) while at other times he decides to just incapacitate someone who has proven to be a potential threat (Kale, Goku, Vegeta) just inches away from the edge and call it a day

Lacking a personality makes these stand out even more since there is no reason as to why he decides to do either.

I assume he's always aiming to ring them out but sometimes they're just tough enough to collapse at the edge rather than off it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Blue Star posted:

Looks like Vados has a slight affinity for Universe 7 over Universe 11.

Aren't she and Whis twins? Or at least they seem to be closer to each other than the other angels.

Also in the new ending Vegeta's hair is definitely darker than normal blue

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

lezard_valeth posted:

A minor pet peeve I don't like how Jiren sometimes goes "Ok, ring out time" and blasts someone off the ring clean (u3 jelly guy, Hit) while at other times he decides to just incapacitate someone who has proven to be a potential threat (Kale, Goku, Vegeta) just inches away from the edge and call it a day

I'm assuming the thought process and/or what happens is Goku jumps in before he can toss Vegeta off the stage.

Episode owned and I'm glad Vegeta just doesn't get bodied.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
Episode was good, even if it basically amounted to Vegeta jobbing yet again. At least he didn't get eliminated!. Jiren is still really bland mostly because he no-sells everything and barely talks, but the few glimpses of personality we've gotten have been interesting.

Preview got me super hyped for next week though

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

lezard_valeth posted:

Jiren only eliminates people he finds truly disgusting and lacking in pride. U3 guy was a liar, hit was a killer

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Vegeta was cool as gently caress this episode

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

eonwe posted:

Vegeta is cool as gently caress

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'm excited for next week after that preview

Adbot