Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

eonwe posted:

Vegeta was cool as gently caress this episode
Vegeta Sama* :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Zedd posted:

Vegeta Sama* :shepface:

Bejita-Sama*

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

lezard_valeth posted:

I see Dyspo attended the Australian Waitressing School after his last appearance in order to take down the evil space emperor

I'm the lady standing on a chair.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

I like Jiren more now that he has some semblance of a personality.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Even if that personality is 'Raoh with sense'.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Vegeta was cool this episode, although if you're going to use the exact same trick you pulled on Cell, Vegeta, you really ought to be less surprised when you get the same result.

Excited to see Super Saiyan Blue 2 next week

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I liked that Jiren said he was not interested in becoming stronger and Goku completely missed that.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

MonsterEnvy posted:

I liked that Jiren said he was not interested in becoming stronger and Goku completely missed that.

You can tell the exact moment he figured out Goku was an idiot.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

How are you going to find something beyond strength without becoming stronger first???

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Spiritus Nox posted:

Vegeta was cool this episode, although if you're going to use the exact same trick you pulled on Cell, Vegeta, you really ought to be less surprised when you get the same result.

Excited to see Super Saiyan Blue 2 next week

If Vegeta learned from his mistakes he wouldn't be Vegeta.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

ImpAtom posted:

If Vegeta learned from his mistakes he wouldn't be Vegeta.

Also to be fair it worked on Cell he just turned out to have bullshit healing powers.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

Also to be fair it worked on Cell he just turned out to have bullshit healing powers.
If cell couldn't regenerate and/or if he hit correst spot Cell would have been dead. That final flash was probably Vegeta's best chance at the time.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

dysporo is gonna die horribly

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I hope the next three episodes is just Frieza getting owned by that incredibly fast rabbit.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I forgot to mention my other favorite part of the episode. After all the "Vegeta blows up the stands!" "The GoDs and Angels are choosing sides!" talk...turns out the Grand Priest just squishes the stands because the Zenos think it looks lonely :lol:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

CharlestheHammer posted:

I hope the next three episodes is just Frieza getting owned by that incredibly fast rabbit.
The ultimate would be if Dyspo tricks Frieza into blasting Goku out of the ring.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

IcePhoenix posted:

I forgot to mention my other favorite part of the episode. After all the "Vegeta blows up the stands!" "The GoDs and Angels are choosing sides!" talk...turns out the Grand Priest just squishes the stands because the Zenos think it looks lonely :lol:

Zeno's right, its loving poo poo that the small crowd is spread out across a lot of dead space. Make people sit in groups so the animators can have more lively reactions without going to some corner where U whatever is at.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I like every character from this arc being in the ending just for those people who didn't predict how this will go.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Justin_Brett posted:

I like every character from this arc being in the ending just for those people who didn't predict how this will go.

in memoriam

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
The way Jiren fights is really cool, he brutalized the hell out of Vegeta

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

CharlestonJew posted:

I liked how this episode showed how Jiren is both not untouchable, but also leagues above SSB.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I was hoping Freeza would have a come back along the lines of "oh so YOU'RE the fastest in all the universes now?"

Was just waiting for it but it didn't happen.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

CharlestonJew posted:

Jiren's got a great sense of physicality to him. It's been a long time since I can remember a Dragon Ball villain (well, 'villain') who actually feels way bigger and heavier than his opponent.

...Hell, that might go all the way back to Freeza's 2nd form.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
What bugged me this episode was the U1(?) Kai going "well they didn't get this far just by being strong". And I can't really see where that's true. U11 in particular were not attacked at all for many episodes in a row just because Jiren was super strong and everybody knew it.

Came off as them realizing how easy 7 had it and trying to downplay it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Spiritus Nox posted:

Jiren's got a great sense of physicality to him. It's been a long time since I can remember a Dragon Ball villain (well, 'villain') who actually feels way bigger and heavier than his opponent.

...Hell, that might go all the way back to Freeza's 2nd form.

yea it's really cool to have an antagonist who just has more power in his blows than the heroes. Seeing Vegeta get just hammered was great to set the fight up as actually a danger beyond just 'he's also a good fighter'. I also can't think of a bad guy since big fuckin frieza that did that. Cell was blasty, Buu's brutal form was more savage/crazy than 'powerhouse', and the only Super guys to be massive dangerous feeling guys were that way because of immortality/time bullshit.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Was I the only one expecting/hoping for Vegeta to get slow-mo punched square in the face when he pulled his smug "I have seen through your moves" skit?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

CharlestonJew posted:

The dude made his energy attack absorb vegeta, electrocute him as it was about to go off and then explode all around him without wasting any of it forming a beam.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I enjoyed Vegeta going "W-well, I didn't WANT Ultra Instinct anyway. I'll get my own power up, with blackjack, and hookers!" And then he does.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I do like how Jiren has went from calm and serene to angry trash talker because these loving assholes won't go away.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Caption this

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Interesting thing I noted but they released SSGSS Vegeta's trailer for Fighter Z, one of his supers is the final flash

It's a shot for shot from this episode I believe.

Hands trembling and camera in front of him and the like.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I saw some choppy rear end version of the episode around 9:30, it has most of the episode, but it shows Frieza going golden, and Toppo firing his justice flash at Gohan.

I don't know how someone spliced some footage together that quickly, but it's out there on YouTube somewhere.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Interesting thing I noted but they released SSGSS Vegeta's trailer for Fighter Z, one of his supers is the final flash

It's a shot for shot from this episode I believe.

Hands trembling and camera in front of him and the like.

That's also how it looked when he did it as regular super saiyan in Super earlier, so it's likely both shots are just similar since SSB Goku uses some attacks done by regular/SSJ Goku as well

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Lol after 20 minutes of refreshing I just watched it on loving YouTube. Why do I even pay for cruncyroll

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

lezard_valeth posted:

Caption this

It's a hare sight of a non-capsule mobile fridge in the DBZ universe.

sorry

Vegeta getting point-blank gut shot (it reminded me of the hakai thingie Freeza/Goku ate before the tournament too) was sick. Sorry, Vegs. At least you're still alive?

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

lezard_valeth posted:

Caption this

Rabbit Season crossed out with Lizard Season under it.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
So I'm seeing some UI looking pupils on Vegeta in that ending. Is Vegeta's SSBlue Full Power or whatever it is on a level of UI? Dumb theory and all, but its a weird visual cue to take.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

lezard_valeth posted:

Caption this

something about grabbing the bull by the tail something something

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Justin_Brett posted:

What bugged me this episode was the U1(?) Kai going "well they didn't get this far just by being strong". And I can't really see where that's true. U11 in particular were not attacked at all for many episodes in a row just because Jiren was super strong and everybody knew it.

Came off as them realizing how easy 7 had it and trying to downplay it.

I kinda think the point was more team composition than putting a bunch of strong people together, even if it doesn't come off as well as it should have. Both U7 and U11 are built with teams of people who've worked together (outside of Freeza).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is hit just u6s guldo?