Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Real curious to see what exactly the properties of Vegeta's new Blue form are. It's neat that Vegeta and Goku having different transformations is a thing being really emphasized again. You had a bit of that before with Goku having Blue + Kaioken while Vegeta had regular Blue, but it reminds me more of back during the Saiyan Saga when Goku had Kaioken while Vegeta was relying on Great Ape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Themage posted:

Is hit just u6s guldo?

yes and it's good

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010

lezard_valeth posted:

Was I the only one expecting/hoping for Vegeta to get slow-mo punched square in the face when he pulled his smug "I have seen through your moves" skit?

No, that was the obvious expectation there.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Really strong episode again, I hope they stick the landing on the finale

SSB2 or Full Power SSB or whatever they're gonna call it looks a lot more powerful than regular SSB. the deeper blue tone to Vegeta's hair really sells it. Jiren might not have a ton of character in the anime, but he's probably the most intimidating fighter in the show since Freeza went final the first time. there's just an impending sense of doom when he begins to get serious

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010

lezard_valeth posted:

Caption this

It's a parable. The space Hitler and the hare.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Azathoth256 posted:

It's a parable. The space Hitler and the hare.
I watched the It remake today, so now after reading this post I know who Dyspo's ultimate enemy will be.

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hjalmar posted:

yes and it's good

Then where’s the rest of u6 Ginyu force

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010

Themage posted:

Now I want a filler episode where the Great Saiyaman teaches the U6 residents how to sentai pose.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Themage posted:

Kale is Recoome, Botamo and Magetta are Burter and Jeice. Dr. Rota was probably Ginyu, he just didn't get to show his secret technique.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

So...there's no reason why Ginyu's body swap technique wouldn't work on a GoD or Angel, right?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Raxivace posted:

Real curious to see what exactly the properties of Vegeta's new Blue form are. It's neat that Vegeta and Goku having different transformations is a thing being really emphasized again. You had a bit of that before with Goku having Blue + Kaioken while Vegeta had regular Blue, but it reminds me more of back during the Saiyan Saga when Goku had Kaioken while Vegeta was relying on Great Ape.

I feel like it's even a whole lot more different than that. Kaioken kinda feels like the precursor to the transformations that became central to dbz with the introduction of Super Saiyan and Frieza's multiple forms but Great Ape was something pretty different. It was a part of the series since super early on and not really something learned through technique or emotion or spirit or what have you. To me, if Vegeta gets SSB2 while Goku sticks with UI and that's kinda the status quo from here on, that's actually a really fresh take. It's not even one of them just having a form that's a step beyond the other it's taking them in 2 different directions. It's really cool!

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
I'd just like to say I'm excited to see where pissed off Frieza takes being dragged through rocks with his mouth open.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
At the beginning of the episode when Goku went Blue and electricity started pulsing around him I seriously thought he was going to go Blue 2

Also Jiren might be getting weaker as the fight goes on? Vegeta notes he's not as strong or fast as he was when he fought Goku

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

lezard_valeth posted:

Caption this

Done.

There are so many gifs/screencaps I want of this episode :allears:

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Jiren isn't getting weaker, he was holding back. He wants his opponents to come at him with absolutely everything they have before he completely dominates them, to crush their spirit. That's been outlined a few times by u11 representatives.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Archenteron posted:

Done.

There are so many gifs/screencaps I want of this episode :allears:

Lots of fun stuff this episode. Poor Frieza though. Hasn't been wrecked this bad since someone cut off his tail.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Gohan was the first to start the whole "I'll carve my own path" so...Gohan Blanco confirmed?

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
So if there's a Blue 2 does that mean there's also a Blue 3? A Blue 4?

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

there's Bluetwo and then there's Mega Bluetwo X & Mega Bluetwo Y

Unscientific
Feb 16, 2014

lezard_valeth posted:

Caption this

"I have such sights to show you"

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I live for off model Xeno

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

drilldo squirt posted:

I'd just like to say I'm excited to see where pissed off Frieza takes being dragged through rocks with his mouth open.

Next to being serenaded by teddy bears that has to be the 3rd or 4th most humiliating thing that has ever happened to him

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Dias posted:

Gohan was the first to start the whole "I'll carve my own path" so...Gohan Blanco confirmed?

Gohan's path is right where it'll always be: a significant step down from Goku and Vegeta. If he's lucky his big moment will be just squeezing out a win against Toppo, someone Goku and Vegeta are passing up right now anyhow.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

drilldo squirt posted:

We're going to get a flashback to the first time Freeza met Burter and he'll figure out the secret to defeating Dyspo that way.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I live for off model Xeno

It was pretty clear they saved their entire animation budget this episode for Vegeta.

Not that I'm in any way opposed to that

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
It's nice to see goku dad care about vegetdad. The universe is at stake motherfucker, you gotta give it your all

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

the plot for next episode is vegeta secretly regrew his tail

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

You know, honestly, Dyspo has had a pretty good showing for himself despite being lord of the jobbers. He's shown he can body Hit and Frieza pretty hard despite inevitably going on to get his rear end kicked and he's shown himself to be a clever-as-poo poo fighter who figures out his opponent's strengths and how to exploit them. He's going to get humiliated but he's done a good job hanging in there despite probably being the weakest person left on the battlefield.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Dypso could probably wreck Gohan, because the smartest Saiyan is apparently still a complete dumbass.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Gohan is very strong and smart and he is going to defeat Toppo after he rings out 17. Maybe in a double knockout or something though I dunno he's still Gohan.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
If Gohan doesn't put on the Great Saiyaman costume while fighting him his inclusion in this arc is a complete failure, imo

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Very excited for Gohan's 'I'm going to find a new path to power', then Goku and Vegeta discovering two paths to power and Gohan getting nothing.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

If Gohan's new transformation turns his hair white I'm going to fart until I die.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

lezard_valeth posted:

Caption this

"You don't take the deal, the story ends. You wake up in your cocoon and hate whatever you want to hate. You take the deal, you fight in the Tournament of Power, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes."

graham cracker fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Jan 7, 2018

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
It's awesome Vados decided to join the U7 cheering section. Cus was obviously jealous because Whis and Vados are the coolest of their siblings.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Man in all my years watching Dragon Ball I never thought I'd hear someone utter the phrase "biological warfare."

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Raxivace posted:

Super Saiyan True Blue. Since SSB is actually more teal or turquoise. It's like a blue version of SSG but pallet swapped, and without him losing bulk. Definitely glad to have him with something more distinct.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I wish Toppo would get more screen time, to be honest. The fighting style he showed against Goku in the U7/U9 tournament with all the grapples and joint locks was really cool and unique for Dragon Ball and in the same vein as Jiren's brute physicality, but Toppo hasn't been given the opportunity to do anything at all besides ice burn Vegeta that one time. Even the other mook Pride Troopers who got combo-bodied by the Saiyan girls got to do more stuff in the ToP.

Stallion Cabana posted:

Very excited for Gohan's 'I'm going to find a new path to power', then Goku and Vegeta discovering two paths to power and Gohan getting nothing.

You knew this was going to happen when the ToP forgot about Gohan for like 30 episodes until it had Freeza use him like a prop to kill Frost and then Gohan got to fight a pair of Namekians. He's been a Z-lister for the entire tournament.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He's been a D-lister for the entire series.

He had a brief moment of maybe 4 months of irl time in the manga where he took the lead before getting immediately knocked back to his proper place.

I don't know why anyone would expect that to change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It's kinda weird that Goku, Gohan, Trunks and now Vegeta all have unique bullshit powered-up forms.

Come to think of it, how'd Vegeta turn blue to begin with? They haven't actually explained that at all, have they?