Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

AnacondaHL posted:

I am going to make so many gif avatars out of that OP holy poo poo

Pls gief :japan:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Did someone save the OP tweet it's gone now :(

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

https://streamable.com/0r1i5 :ninja:

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
Thank you for the new wallpaper.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Mentat Radnor posted:

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
So this is great and I hope they keep the episode intros and post credits previews for Girldrop as the series continues, and that's all the bits of story anyone gets unless they read the "manga".

Either they'll make a real, honest to Christ manga for it or it'll be a Pop Team Epic manga in disguise.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I kinda hope they never even mention Girldrop again, because creating an entire opening including song only to just completely ignore it would be exactly the sort of ridiculousness Pop Team Epic thrives on.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

hoshiiro girldrop is the worst of bkub's comics. gimme squirrel nuts or honey come chatka fake intros instead

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

if they do another fake opening i hope its an adaptation of one of his touhou strips just so we can say theres been an official anime.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Stairmaster posted:

if they do another fake opening i hope its an adaptation of one of his touhou strips just so we can say theres been an official anime.

If this happens it should be the infamous honk honk one. That's basically all I know about touhou.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

No

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/skrongstyle/status/951748899273887744

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Mentat Radnor posted:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/magicalshinchan/status/951923678261936128

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/952050366841065472

Episode 1 was made by three whole studios, one college senior, and a French guy.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Jan 13, 2018

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
This show is becoming even more bizarre while not even airing a new episode yet.

what

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

leather fedora posted:

If it's the announcement that came out near when the anime started airing, then it's going to be one of those multi-artist comic anthologies, and even odds on it actually being a Pop Team Epic one.
The guy who typesets all those fan-translations of the PTE comic on Tumblr (sirlorence) got a hold of a copy. It's apparently not a trojan horse for Pop Team Epic, for once. It's a collection of unconnected Hoshiro Girldrop stories by different artists. And also bkub.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
Oh shoot, I completely forgot that came out a few days ago. I'll have to get one next time I go into town.

Second episode is incredible. I'll just say they keep up the same-episode-with-different-VAs gimmick but to even greater effect, and AC-bu is in top form.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

new phone wallpaper

https://twitter.com/Artgerm/status/951369595801108480

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
a higher quality CooL TIME 4 u

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
Don't know why I wasn't expecting Shigeru Chiba to pop up. Also Jesus the encore version of the opening segment.

When is that OP going to be out in full, because drat it's good.

Black Mage Knight fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jan 13, 2018

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

You know how fansubs have often been criticized of putting in profanity that doesn't exist in the original? Crunchyroll are turning that trope on the head and removing profanity that does exist in the original.
gently caress.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

nielsm posted:

You know how fansubs have often been criticized of putting in profanity that doesn't exist in the original? Crunchyroll are turning that trope on the head and removing profanity that does exist in the original.
gently caress.

The Hidive version has the cursing

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

nielsm posted:

gently caress.

Y o u a r e m o t h e r f r i g g e r ?

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

nielsm posted:

gently caress.

Sad!

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Anime of the year 12 days in

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

The second episode manages to be even better than the perfect first episode.

"She's just singing in rounds! RUN!" made me actually hurt from laughing so hard.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
The impressions got me good the second time around.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Kinda annoyed that they're using the "repeat the first half with different voices" thing as something for the entire show and not just the first episode, feels kinda lazy, like they realized they didn't have enough content(and/or budget) for 12 full episodes so divided 6 episodes of 2 segments into 12 by doing the repetition gag

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i was hoping we'd get a full 24 minutes instead of the VA thing again. Still drat good.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

drrockso20 posted:

Kinda annoyed that they're using the "repeat the first half with different voices" thing as something for the entire show and not just the first episode, feels kinda lazy, like they realized they didn't have enough content(and/or budget) for 12 full episodes so divided 6 episodes of 2 segments into 12 by doing the repetition gag

Some of the gags are changed the second time around.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I hope they mix it up mid season and suddenly all the episodes or at least one isn't a repeat just to mess with us.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
This show treats voice actors like Jojo's Bizarre Adventure treats color palettes. Looking forward to hearing who comes up next.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

The insert song and the ED song were also pitch adjusted in the second go around lmao

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Also people who make those kind of dolls are secretly wizards in my opinion

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

drrockso20 posted:

Counterpoint: it's good.

I kind of love the lengths it goes to to in order to make a joke. Things like the sound leveling being all hosed during the VA recording bit.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
The part where they show the ghost girl floating in the recording booth, only to zoom in on Popuko and Pipimi hiding underneath the chairs was my second-most favorite gag of the episode. Them showing another ghost girl underneath the chairs on the second go, only to show Popuko and Pipimi in her mouth was my favorite.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Helter Skelter posted:

Counterpoint: it's good.

I kind of love the lengths it goes to to in order to make a joke. Things like the sound leveling being all hosed during the VA recording bit.

The show is good, not denying that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Supersonic Shine posted:

The part where they show the ghost girl floating in the recording booth, only to zoom in on Popuko and Pipimi hiding underneath the chairs was my second-most favorite gag of the episode. Them showing another ghost girl underneath the chairs on the second go, only to show Popuko and Pipimi in her mouth was my favorite.

This, the second time is probably the hardest I've laughed at an anime in a long time.

EDIT - Any screenshots lying around of translations of all the fortunes they showed?

Super Jay Mann fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jan 13, 2018