Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

censored middle fingers are a crime

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

El Burbo posted:

censored middle fingers are a crime

Wouldn't be surprised if they get uncensored for the DVD version, especially for the US release

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I'm half-expecting a CptNameless-style adaptation of one of the strips in a future episode, even though I should know better than to expect anything from this show.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
i never watch anime but this was hilarious, middle aged man voice is best voice imo

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Yeah for some reason it IS funnier when they have male voices. I think it just adds to the absurdity.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Super Jay Mann posted:

This, the second time is probably the hardest I've laughed at an anime in a long time.

EDIT - Any screenshots lying around of translations of all the fortunes they showed?

Here you go:

https://brownricecookies.wordpress.com/2018/01/13/pop-team-epic-episode-2-fortunes/

My first pic caught both #4 and 5, so I tried again and got 15.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Vitamean posted:

Here you go:

https://brownricecookies.wordpress.com/2018/01/13/pop-team-epic-episode-2-fortunes/

My first pic caught both #4 and 5, so I tried again and got 15.
I'm too lazy to get a screencap of the episode, so I used a random number generator instead.

I got 34. poo poo.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
this show is so loving much all the time

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

It doesn’t count unless you used your phone

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

drrockso20 posted:

Wouldn't be surprised if they get uncensored for the DVD version, especially for the US release

Some TV broadcasts already have them uncensored.

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
Yeah if it wasn't worse enough whoever is providing Crunchyroll the footage censors the middle fingers, which probably means the dub is gonna have the censorship too :bang: I might actually just wait for fansubs at this rate

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Helter Skelter posted:

Counterpoint: it's good.

I kind of love the lengths it goes to to in order to make a joke. Things like the sound leveling being all hosed during the VA recording bit.

Hate to break it to you, but that's genuinely not a gag. The audio on the tv broadcast is fine, and I heard people say the audio on Hidive is fine as well. :shrug:

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
During the first song with the dolls, I thought to myself it was a bit too bland, beyond using the dolls. Then I realized what it meant with the new voices in the second half, which was every bit as great as I was expecting it to be.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Now I'm just hoping there's an Elder Scrolls reference in every episode. Not because I like Elder Scrolls, but because it's a weird thing for an anime to reference.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
I don't think I've laughed at an anime as hard as I did at the second zoom-in at the live action VA part.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Waffleman_ posted:

Now I'm just hoping there's an Elder Scrolls reference in every episode. Not because I like Elder Scrolls, but because it's a weird thing for an anime to reference.

Was there one this episode?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Raserys posted:

Was there one this episode?

The Dark Brotherhood knows

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
gently caress this is a good show

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

jon joe posted:

During the first song with the dolls, I thought to myself it was a bit too bland, beyond using the dolls. Then I realized what it meant with the new voices in the second half, which was every bit as great as I was expecting it to be.

The sheer amount of effort put into the doll scene was absolutely incredible, imo.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm torn on whether the felted doll idol performance is real or cg, but even just having the timelapse of real felted dolls being made was good.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Mighty Dicktron posted:

I don't think I've laughed at an anime as hard as I did at the second zoom-in at the live action VA part.

I spent the entire second live action part looking under the seat for them, then the zoom-in happened and I drat near died laughing.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
The "short" version of the live action OP music video is now up, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bl1ZI-J6hM and it's fittingly trippy.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Julias posted:

The "short" version of the live action OP music video is now up, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bl1ZI-J6hM and it's fittingly trippy.
jesus christ

i insanely want an avatar of the girl's head getting enveloped by the rose but it has the show's watermark over it and i feel like this show just happened to me in real life

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

drrockso20 posted:

DVD case:

Blu Ray case:

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Mighty Dicktron posted:

lmao yeah i was lolling at the ghost and then BOOM

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

DVD case:

Blu Ray case:

Yes!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

DVD case:

Blu Ray case:

Fuckin' good

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

AUSTRALIA

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

DVD case:

Blu Ray case:

:captainpop:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

lmfao

25. Terrible luck
You’re at a big company-hosted Christmas party when you meet your estranged wife only terrorists suddenly break in and take everyone including your wife hostage and you as the only man left must wage guerrilla battle against them

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
My favorite of the fortunes is Nanachi is cute :kimchi:

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
We are not worth of this magnificence...

Edit: omg that diehard summary

Edit: OMG Nanachi!

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jan 14, 2018

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
If I had to see this so do you fucks.

https://twitter.com/peggywhynowhy/status/952316232606371841

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Really not feeling having to watch the same short episode twice to catch some slightly different gags. Just seems like padding, which I understand? But is also kinda eh. I would have preferred a 6 episode season.

Do they have different VAs in each episode? Is there a list of who did what parts?

Also I wholeheartedly agree that the middle aged man VAs are more hilarious for the parts.

Edit: The gently caress is going on here? MOUTH :gonk:

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jan 14, 2018

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Now that I knew it was coming, the 'repeat' episode was much more enjoyable. It was like a treasure hunt to find what they swapped. There were also some really good modified gags in there.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
i think this sums it up in one image

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

https://twitter.com/OkuuTheEngineer/status/952076177732075520

Uhuhuh...settle down Popuko.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich