Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

He's really good at killing yesterday's villains for sure

From Super Trunks onwards he was pretty good for real though, he was robbed in the finale against Zamasu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

multijoe posted:

He's really good at killing yesterday's villains for sure

From Super Trunks onwards he was pretty good for real though, he was robbed in the finale against Zamasu

At least the anime gave him the spirit bomb sword thing. He didn't get poo poo in the manga.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Kashuno posted:

It's really sad to think how Future Trunks is the guy who put in the most consistent and good work, but is the guy who gets hosed over the most

That's because him getting hosed over the most led to him being a no-nonsense fighter.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Kashuno posted:

It's really sad to think how Future Trunks is the guy who put in the most consistent and good work, but is the guy who gets hosed over the most

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwVNuyfhF0Q

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Monaghan posted:

At least the anime gave him the spirit bomb sword thing. He didn't get poo poo in the manga.

he got passive healing aura cOME ON

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Stairmaster posted:

if he hadn't killed majin buu maybe he would have been prepared for goku black

At least by killing Buu everyone in his timeline got to live for another few years before Goku Black finished the job.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I get the idea is that they wanted to show off how Zeno's a big deal and for whatever future pay-off that necessitates having two Zenos around, but Future Trunks was seriously robbed, goddamn.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Kashuno posted:

y'all ever realize Pikkon and Jiren's ear hols are the exat same? and their faces are pretty close?

So they will win by sticking a Potega Earring on Jiren and Piccolo and he gets pulled off the stage to form Pikkon.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Staltran posted:

They probably actually can't be rezzed. Frieza's been in hell exceptionally long, right? Then it was already too late when Vegeta first came to Earth, since they'd all have reincarnated by then. If any of them didn't go to hell they could be revived, but that's probably very few people (if any).

They explicitly say out of everyone Goku's fought Frieza refuses to repent. Everyone else has long since reincarnated. While I don't think you could would Planet Vegeta back with normal dragonballs you probably could wish for a new planet filled with Saiyans. New souls would probably just get put there.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Rhonne posted:

After this is over, Jiren should join the Galactic Patrol and be assigned as Jaco's partner.

Ah, the good cop, bad cop routine.

(Jaco is a literal and figurative bad cop.)

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Jaco probably has better eye sight and hearing

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

SirKibbles posted:

They explicitly say out of everyone Goku's fought Frieza refuses to repent. Everyone else has long since reincarnated.

Along with Uub, I look forward to seeing Llec, Appan, and Ztidar.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010
Again, I'd just like to note that Dyspo spent an episode beating the poo poo out of the guy who took on SSB KKx10 (or was it 20) Goku and won until that guy managed to figure him out. There is no reason whatsoever to jump to the conclusion that he's any kind of pushover.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Adder Moray posted:

Again, I'd just like to note that Dyspo spent an episode beating the poo poo out of the guy who took on SSB KKx10 (or was it 20) Goku and won until that guy managed to figure him out. There is no reason whatsoever to jump to the conclusion that he's any kind of pushover.

And this is after he put some serious pressure on Hit.

Oops, thought you were talking about Frieza.

khwarezm fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jan 16, 2018

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Dyspo is terrifying and powerful, he's just a jackass who keeps, y'know, getting ahead of himself

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Dypso is absolutely getting at least 1 Elimination. There's no way that he isn't because the basis of storytelling is that you need tension and Dypso being eliminated without doing anything would be incredibly tension destroying when it's a literal 5 on 2.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Stallion Cabana posted:

Dypso is absolutely getting at least 1 Elimination. There's no way that he isn't because the basis of storytelling is that you need tension and Dypso being eliminated without doing anything would be incredibly tension destroying when it's a literal 5 on 2.

I mean

Is it 5 on 2 really?

Freeza is basically his own team

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Burkion posted:

I mean

Is it 5 on 2 really?

Freeza is basically his own team

Only a fool would underestimate the power of OHOHOHO...

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Stallion Cabana posted:

U7's eliminations so far:

Krillin - Sneak attack
Tien - Blasted out of the arena because he wasted time talking to a fighter he knew was sneaky, barely made it a double KO
Roshi - Eliminated himself because he couldn't continue
Piccolo - Sneak attack after he decided to go right up to the edge
18 - Eliminated herself saving a fighter who would have been cleanly eliminated

This would seem to be a trend that nobody on the team will lose cleanly (which is lame), and Dypso doesn't seem to have any way of doing that, he's pretty much straight-forward.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Justin_Brett posted:

U7's eliminations so far:

Krillin - Sneak attack
Tien - Blasted out of the arena because he wasted time talking to a fighter he knew was sneaky, barely made it a double KO
Roshi - Eliminated himself because he couldn't continue
Piccolo - Sneak attack after he decided to go right up to the edge
18 - Eliminated herself saving a fighter who would have been cleanly eliminated

This would seem to be a trend that nobody on the team will lose cleanly (which is lame), and Dypso doesn't seem to have any way of doing that, he's pretty much straight-forward.

this is part of why the tournament has been pretty disappointing overall despite the coolness of individual moments, yeah.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Toppo is definitely way up on my list of pose MVPs for the tournament.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Stallion Cabana posted:

this is part of why the tournament has been pretty disappointing overall despite the coolness of individual moments, yeah.

It's not like there haven't been strong guys to dump them off the side either

With the exception of Roshi, NONE of U7 has been pushed to their limits in the tournament. Even when 17 was going to be knocked off, it was because the ring was destroyed not because he was overpowered.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Yeah it would've been cooler for sure if more of them had been eliminated because they legitimately couldn't fight anymore. Having someone get hit by a surprise cheap shot is fine and all but they re-used that plot device a few too many times.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
It's some bad late 80's Hulk Hogan booking for the entirety of Universe 7.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

If only :allears:

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

That's loving hideous.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I only just realized how weird it is that SSJ4's monkey fur just stops at the hands

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Please keep my Fighter Z pure and away from GT nonsense

Anyway, a thought: If Toppo is to become a GoD real soon, is he gonna get his own hammy transformation sequence? Is Belmod gonna fade away all smug like because he thinks that U11 has it in the bag?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Nah I am fine with your bad taste being kept out of that game.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
SS4 Goku worked for twenty years to get rid of those awful pants, and you come in here and give them right back. How could you.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It's always hilarious how 90s SS4 is

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Momomo posted:

SS4 Goku worked for twenty years to get rid of those awful pants, and you come in here and give them right back. How could you.

The Blue and Yellow Gi is awesome though.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I never understood why he had red fur, honestly

His great ape form had brown fur

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Why did he grow pants, don't think about it.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

It's red because its been soaked in the blood of his enemies. This means Goku probably smells worse than usual.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

SS4 is the most hilariously bullshit power up because literally no part of it makes sense.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Burkion posted:

I never understood why he had red fur, honestly

His great ape form had brown fur

Who knows. They did consider keeping the golden hair but it didn't contrasted well with the red fur and opted by getting the black hair back.

CharlestheHammer posted:

SS4 is the most hilariously bullshit power up because literally no part of it makes sense.

Is pretty straightforward and takes its cues from the depictions shown earlier in the anime (I don't know if they were also present on the manga)

The Golden Oozaru comes from the first time Vegeta tells the legend of the SS

And the overall design of the SS4 comes from the sequence where Goku goes SS3 for the first time

The only thing that doesn't makes sense is the clothes but that is a pretty minor detail all things considered.

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Jan 16, 2018

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

But why does he grow red eyeshadow

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Who knows. They did consider keeping the golden hair but it didn't contrasted well with the red fur and opted by getting the black hair back.

Yeah but you'd think having the fur and hair be gold would look better

Or black and brown

It's just weird. The idea of SSJ4 is great, though it fits Vegeta way more than Goku- pursuing the power of a Sayian to its limits, indulging in the primal power inherit within

Goku doesn't care a poo poo about his Sayian heritage so him going his own path with different techniques is best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Honestly that whole portion of the Baby arc makes more sense for Vegeta than Goku. Baby should be taking over Goku and using his power to specifically humiliate Vegeta, who actually participated in and takes pride in the Saiyan bullshit that Baby was railing against. And yeah, SSJ4 would actually be thematically relevant as a form for Vegeta.