Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Right at the last minute as Goku is about to make his wish to bring back all the universes, Oolong jumps in and wishes for a pair of underwear.

Alternatively, Goku wishes for two Jirens taped together to make one Big Jiren.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I mean, there's literally no way the wish won't just be "Bring back all the lost Universes". Even if that doesn't happen, Goku will convince Zeno to bring them back, assuming he even has the power to create or restore things.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Ammat The Ankh posted:

How the Tournament of Power should go:

(Source)

Dragon Ball Fusions was amazing and so is this.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Bloodly posted:

He'd wish for them back, under his command. Think Ribrianne and wanting to be Goddess of Love. Something similar.

I imagine the Dragon could monkey's paw it somehow. Even if it's something like 'he has to do Godly paperwork for umpty-billion years before he can actually do anything'.

The dragons are sentient so if they feel like being assholes they can.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

I mean, there's literally no way the wish won't just be "Bring back all the lost Universes". Even if that doesn't happen, Goku will convince Zeno to bring them back, assuming he even has the power to create or restore things.

Will they be the same universes or only exact copies of the now erased versions?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
There were rumors/speculation earlier of DB Super being put on hiatus while the new Kitaro anime aired, which have been confirmed.

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/954086203044675584

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
It's going to be a long wait for that new DB movie.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Bold move to end the franchise with the erasure of Universe 7 as Toriyama announces his new manga and anime, Pride Troopers.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Ammat The Ankh posted:

There were rumors/speculation earlier of DB Super being put on hiatus while the new Kitaro anime aired, which have been confirmed.

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/954086203044675584

Mm. Got time to end the ToP, and then that's it for the forseeable future.

How long will Kitaro be running?

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Guess that means the tournament is gonna end pretty vanilla then if they aren't going past that; Goku wins and maybe wishes back all the universes, maybe not.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Kashuno posted:

17 is going to wish the space between planets is an ocean so he can sail his family from planet to planet for fun

e; hot drat the ToP arc started on episode 77 (including the gathering of people) this arc really has been going forever

Honestly considering how it's basically a new fight every week despite how many episodes it's been, it's felt pretty well paced all things considered. Question now is how long these last few fights last.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

What will I do on Saturday nights now though :smith:

g...go out and talk to people? :barf:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'll miss Super, it was a blast. But we do have the movie at the end of the year and it says that the series isn't neccesarily over, so maybe this is just a hiatus until they can start a new project.

Maybe we can finally have a Toriyama-led series in the GT period, thus finally eradicating it from history.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I hope this hiatus doesn't last 18 years like the last one. there's still a lot of momentum for the continuation of the series! at least there's a movie coming soon but man it's gonna be back to waiting and waiting and waiting :smith:

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I can kind of understand if the series ends, or at least takes a break, here. I mean Goku is facing off the most powerful mortal that we know of. The only place to go is him fighting Angels or something, and he should never get that strong.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I hope they end it on the most ridiculous cliffhanger ever.

Like Frieza kills Zen-oh and declares himself God and erases Goku from existence and then "TO BE CONTINUED...?"

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

I can kind of understand if the series ends, or at least takes a break, here. I mean Goku is facing off the most powerful mortal that we know of. The only place to go is him fighting Angels or something, and he should never get that strong.

Remember that 4 universes weren’t at the tournament because their average mortal level was already real high.

That’s four universes FULL of strong dudes to punch

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
After this we'll be introduced to the Zenos' mom who'll send both to their rooms and then threaten to eradicate all creation if Goku and crew don't punch harder than they've ever punched.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I told you super would end but you didnt believe me....

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I'm fine with good break. The story's reaching it's natural conclusion and the total episode count will be close to dbz kai. That's a fuckload of new dragon ball.

It's good to not have it constantly going and be pressured to get new ideas. I think one of the reasons super has been good is that it allowed toriyama to come back after a break and allowed for more time to refine and expand on his ideas.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ImpAtom posted:

Like Frieza kills Zen-oh and declares himself God and erases Goku from existence and then "TO BE CONTINUED...?"

Jiren wins and the screen just goes black when the Zenos erase the universe.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

Jiren wins and the screen just goes black when the Zenos erase the universe.

The next episode is Raditz landing on Earth again.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the series will end with the pilaf kids finding the last black star dragonball much to everyone's horr;or

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
I wonder if Bulma will have a speaking role between now and the end. Does Toei bother recasting her for a couple episodes, or does she just become a voiceless background character?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Goku wins and wishes for all the universes erased by the Zenos to be restored. The series will end with a portal opening up above Earth, signaling the return of Zamasu.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I assume they'll give it a year to breath with a movie or two in between and then come back

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

This will give the dub plenty of time to catch up at least.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm kinda excited for this. Gives the movie more resources and then gives Ultra Instinct Dragon Ball Blanco a chance to, y'know, not be rushed. Maybe i'm too optimistic, but it'd be dope if we can start at around the quality of Yuya Takahashi's episode and even go up.

Hell, it'll even let the manga catch up, for the six people that care. (I half care)

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Well now I hope the ending to Freeza's arc is that Goku keeps his promise, wishes him back and Freeza just goes "huh, you actually did it...well bye then I guess." and flies off into space.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Knew it, makes a lot of sense

Like the only place to go from here is angel-level threats and Goku has only just managed to reach Destroyer tiers of punch

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Rhonne posted:

Well now I hope the ending to Freeza's arc is that Goku keeps his promise, wishes him back and Freeza just goes "huh, you actually did it...well bye then I guess." and flies off into space.

I kind of hope this happens and that Freiza just smiles as he BEELINES for the border between U6 and U7, swiped radar in hand

Namek Saga II, GT style

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Nooooooooooo. Oh well hope TOP ends with a bang

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
You can’t call the U6 show Dragon Ball Super duh

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Does Roundabout start playing?

Roundabout better start playing.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Ah that's a shame, I thought Super only had one more arc in it at this point anyway. I'm curious to see how this arc winds up though, I'm assuming Goku vs Jiren will finish before the end of March, is the show going to finish with some slice of life episodes or are we actually going to see a real confrontation with El Grande Padre and the Zenos?

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Rhonne posted:

Even if he's still a dick, it would be the smart thing to do. No point in being a twat and getting himself wasted immediately after coming back from the dead.

Or have him be adopted by Bulma along with every other former antagonist of Goku's.

I'd watch an entire episode of the awkward dinner at the Briefs' residence with Vegeta, the Pilaf kids, Frieza and special guests Beerus and Whis.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
At the current rate of 1 episode per minute, we can extrapolate the ending of the tournament being the first week of March, which leaves 3 episodes after the tournament to to wrap it all up

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

I'd watch an entire episode of the awkward dinner at the Briefs' residence with Vegeta, the Pilaf kids, Frieza and special guests Beerus and Whis.

I like to pretend that you cut to 2 hours later, and Freiza, on his 47th glass of wine, is laughing his rear end off and slapping equally-wasted Bulma on the back, as they recount Namek together, and have a good chortle while Vegeta just sits there deathglaring with a bite of food taken puffing his cheek out that he has not chewed since dinner began

Black August fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jan 18, 2018

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Kashuno posted:

At the current rate of 1 episode per minute, we can extrapolate the ending of the tournament being the first week of March, which leaves 3 episodes after the tournament to to wrap it all up

Hmm, when you put it like that, that's probably not enough time to really do much...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Black August posted:

I like to pretend that you cut to 2 hours later, and Freiza, on his 47th glass of wine, is laughing his rear end off and slapping equally-wasted Bulma on the back, as they recount Naken together, and have a good chortle while Vegeta just sits there deathglaring with a bite of food taken puffing his cheek out that he has not chewed since dinner began

"And then... haha, and then i said, "well, of course he's covered in poo poo, he's a monkey." Dear Vegeta's face was red as a beet! I believe Cui called him Poopy Pants Vegeta for the next two months. Ahhh, but another glass of your finest red, Bulma my dear."
*Silent nod, thumbs up*