Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Aww, my sparkle boy. :ohdear:

Also, looking back at the dorm layout, Aoyama's room is right next to Deku's, which is just bad luck for poor Izuku. A traitor/stalker on one side, Mineta on the other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Dragonatrix posted:

M-Maybe he's just a Deku fanboy...? I Cannot Stop Stalking! :ohdear:

This is what I'm thinking. And hoping. :ohdear:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Dragonatrix posted:

The biggest thing that came out of that, by far, was Todoroki becoming the hand-crusher because he felt guilty for that and Deku being, well, early manga Deku and blowing up his own arm. Again.

And that also hasn't really come up since. :v:

I'm pretty sure Iida still can't use that arm properly so something did come out of it at least

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

TheKingofSprings posted:

I'm pretty sure Iida still can't use that arm properly so something did come out of it at least

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Iida hasn't been shown to use that hand for anything requiring manual dexterity at least.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
my money's on "toga got aoyama". this seems more consistent with her.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Inflammatory posted:

my money's on "toga got aoyama". this seems more consistent with her.

That would suck since it would be the third loving time in a row

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

If it was Toga the face in the last panel would be a lot more deranged.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jan 19, 2018

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Noooo

Noooooooooo

On the positive side, Kaminari not being the traitor is good since I never cared for him much anyways

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Watch for the "revealing his true nature" and "that man making his move" turning out to be Aoyama coming out as a gay, in love with Deku and asking him for a date.

Also Camie seriously rules.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Every other time someone in the class has 'made a move' or had a sudden change of heart, it's been to Step Up as a hero, either because someone else is outpacing them, or they have some personal issue that are bothering them.

Lazer-navel hasn't gotten much character development so far, so this is probably his turn to get some backstory. I doubt he's the traitor. Red herring is my guess.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

What's going to happen is Aoyoma is going to break through the window to stop Deku from being murdered by the real traitor Ochako.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

:argh: don't you dare, twinkleman!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Bobulus posted:

Every other time someone in the class has 'made a move' or had a sudden change of heart, it's been to Step Up as a hero, either because someone else is outpacing them, or they have some personal issue that are bothering them.

Lazer-navel hasn't gotten much character development so far, so this is probably his turn to get some backstory. I doubt he's the traitor. Red herring is my guess.

Well he could be the traitor, but end up having a change of heart and turn on the villains in the end.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
He already screwed them over once.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
So what's his power-up going to be that makes him a threat to the class?

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Feeling this is a big fake out. I don't know who the real traitor is (If there even is one) but I get the feeling we're being tricked here.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

EDIT: That was a bad idea

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jan 19, 2018

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

:getout:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

What the hell did you do this time. :colbert:

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I always found it weird that Aoyama was one of the three heroes introduced to early on in the first exam arc only to be about as relevant as Mineta afterwards. Like, either Horikoshi was still coming up with 1-A characters and that was one of the only kids finalized enough to show up or he thought that this rando deserved to make a strong first impression.

Both of them make sense now, in that that he's both relevant and/or was one of the earliest designs because of his role.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
well hes also hilarious which is a good enough reason

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

TheKingofSprings posted:

So what's his power-up going to be that makes him a threat to the class?

The laser comes out the other end

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Mindblast posted:

What the hell did you do this time. :colbert:
I found a 4chan 'breaking news' version of Aoyama's reveal, which I quickly realized might be offensive so I got rid of it.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I just hope this arc gives some focus to some of the lesser used students. Give Alien Queen more screen time!

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Lt. Lizard posted:

Watch for the "revealing his true nature" and "that man making his move" turning out to be Aoyama coming out as a gay, in love with Deku and asking him for a date.

Also Camie seriously rules.

Thats what I'm expecting. Just another stalker Deku has to deal with.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Lol the knots y'all are twisting yourselves into.

Unless you believe the captions are lying (which would be dumb as gently caress) just accept sparkle boys heel turn.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

Unless you believe the captions are lying (which would be dumb as gently caress) just accept sparkle boys heel turn.

I think they want him to turn out to be a deku stalker because they're into that

loving fujoshi in this thread

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

I don't think it's particularly knotty. The captions do not say "AOYAMA IS A TRAITOR", merely "Aoyama does something." On a meta level, revealing the traitor like this would be odd to say the least. All we've seen him do is look at Deku creepily from outside a window.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

EimiYoshikawa posted:

I'm honestly more upset by this than I think I would've been with any other classmate.

That said, there is the possibility that this is misdirection...for Aoyama being Quirkless (with the belt being a pure beam-creation gadget rather than an amplifier), as some have theorized in the past, and having found out that Deku was, as well, leading to his developing a somewhat weird but not necessarily malicious interest in him/why he no longer appears to be?

Nah waaaay back during the fitness exam he used his quirk without the belt.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Terper posted:

I don't think it's particularly knotty. The captions do not say "AOYAMA IS A TRAITOR", merely "Aoyama does something." On a meta level, revealing the traitor like this would be odd to say the least. All we've seen him do is look at Deku creepily from outside a window.

Yeah what more do you need?

For him to scream out I am a traitor while Deku narrates him looking at him traitorously.

It seems they are setting up the next part to be sparkles trying to set up Deku and the tension will be whether he figures it out or not.

Having a red herring from the narrator is beyond dumb.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
There has to be a weird twist on it. There's no reason to stalk Deku when you're right there in class with him all day if all you're there to do is feed info to the VA.

There has to be a personal reason.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

The reason is to show he is the traitor and show how the next conflict is gonna go.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I don't think we've ever seen him without the belt at all, have we? Him being quirkless would be an interesting twist.

Hell, that might even end up being a reason he confides in Deku and goes triple agent. If he was with the VA/AfO, he'd know about OfA, and that Deku was quirkless for most of his life.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jan 19, 2018

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yeah what more do you need?

For the traitor to be revealed during a dramatic moment through the characters putting their heads together and working through the clues? Having the narrative and characters set up a mystery and tease "There's a traitor hiding in our midst..." and for the narrative, not the characters, reveal who it is to the audience - without the characters' knowledge, with no pomp or circumstance - is a weird narrative choice.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Terper posted:

For the traitor to be revealed during a dramatic moment through the characters putting their heads together and working through the clues? Having the narrative and characters set up a mystery and tease "There's a traitor hiding in our midst..." and for the narrative, not the characters, reveal who it is to the audience - without the characters' knowledge, with no pomp or circumstance - is a weird narrative choice.

Not if the next arc is a cat and mouse game between sparkles and Deku. Hell in that case it makes sense to tell us.

It doesn't really mean poo poo if we know or not.

Plus there was pomp, it was literally a dramatic reveal.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jan 19, 2018

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

PMush Perfect posted:

I don't think we've ever seen him without the belt at all, have we? Him being quirkless would be an interesting twist.

Pretty sure he didn't wear the belt in his gym uniform because it's an accessory and those were considered to be an unfair advantage. Same reason bakugou couldnt wear the grenade hands.

E; just checked and he was wearing the belt. Yeah I guess it's a possibility that his quirk is actually something different and he's using the belt as a cover up.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Fabricated posted:

There has to be a weird twist on it. There's no reason to stalk Deku when you're right there in class with him all day if all you're there to do is feed info to the VA.

There has to be a personal reason.

I mean, he's a coward and he thinks he doesn't measure up to everyone else. That's probably more than enough reason to be personally invested in the most genuinely heroic kid in class.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Vegapunk fed Kizaru's fruit to a belt :tinfoil:

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Not everything has to be a swerve

Like I guess it could be but in the dramatic context the author is presenting us, it's pretty clear what the intent is

And honestly, if it wasn't that and this isn't the resolution of the traitor storyline? That'd be really loving lame.