Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

garfield hentai posted:

Are the balls really super amazing to build or is it just a dumb meme thing?

A little from column A, a little from column B. They're pretty fun to build but they're also definitely a joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

garfield hentai posted:

Are the balls really super amazing to build or is it just a dumb meme thing?

Balls are essentially TIE Fighters; Mass-produced, moderately armed, completely disposable (They're cheap zero-g work pods with guns strapped on). Iirc, the battles they won had staggering losses, and the Federation just stuffed more people into the drat things to pad out the limited number of GM's they had.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
They are good at grabbing a suit arm, spinning around, and firing its cannon point blank, though.

Surprised there was never a stealth ball designed to do that more often.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Balls are essentially TIE Fighters; Mass-produced, moderately armed, completely disposable (They're cheap zero-g work pods with guns strapped on). Iirc, the battles they won had staggering losses, and the Federation just stuffed more people into the drat things to pad out the limited number of GM's they had.

The big benefit was just how cheap they were. I can't remember the exact numbers, but it was something
absurd, like trading ten balls for one Zaku would put the Feddies at the advantage economically. Better, while the Ball wasn't exactly an unstoppable super weapon, they could usually trade much better.

Cheap, easy to use, and good enough. Basic Feddie strategy for the One Year War, and a big part of why they won over Zeon's endless parade of ridiculous super weapons.

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014

chiasaur11 posted:

The big benefit was just how cheap they were. I can't remember the exact numbers, but it was something
absurd, like trading ten balls for one Zaku would put the Feddies at the advantage economically. Better, while the Ball wasn't exactly an unstoppable super weapon, they could usually trade much better.

Cheap, easy to use, and good enough. Basic Feddie strategy for the One Year War, and a big part of why they won over Zeon's endless parade of ridiculous super weapons.

If GMs came from Gundam test data, then Balls must come from this mighty prototype

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

chiasaur11 posted:

Zeon losing their best pilots to hunting Amuro certainly didn't hurt on the warfronts they'd be otherwise present at.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Zeon losing their best pilots to hunting Amuro certainly didn't hurt on the warfronts they'd be otherwise present at.

Well, most of their best.

Johnny, Shin, and Breniss managed to avoid the blender.

(I say this every time, but I love that Zeon's top ace just... quit after the war. Everyone else is consumed by war and conflict, he just goes "what a senseless waste of human life" and goes back to his begonias.)

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Zeon losing their best pilots to hunting AmuroChar being a dick certainly didn't hurt on the warfronts they'd be otherwise present at.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV2V73GtyRQ

Ball vs Zaku.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

mikeycp posted:

At which stage of the build?

Very end. Do that instead of top coating the piece normally.

JamesWestfall
Mar 29, 2010

Just bought the MG Fenice Rinascita because I really love the wing design and also a MG Ball so I can get in on that ball building

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

JamesWestfall posted:

Just bought the MG Fenice Rinascita because I really love the wing design and also a MG Ball so I can get in on that ball building

Really nice balls are a legitimate and worthwhile goal.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
What is the most phallic of mobile suit designs? I’m having an idea...

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Darkman Fanpage posted:

IIRC either the 1/100 RE Nightengale:

Or the upcoming MG Deep Striker:

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Zedd posted:

IIRC either the 1/100 RE Nightengale:

You need to go see a doctor.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

The O has secret hand dicks.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think he meant phallic as in the whole suit resembles a phallus, so if you put a couple balls next to it it would look like a dick and balls. not phallic as in the suit itself has a penis

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Glue gundam legs to a model rocket

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

I think he meant phallic as in the whole suit resembles a phallus, so if you put a couple balls next to it it would look like a dick and balls. not phallic as in the suit itself has a penis

This is the idea. Sadly I don’t think there are any that quite get the shape right.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Darkman Fanpage posted:

This is the idea. Sadly I don’t think there are any that quite get the shape right.

this thing should do the job nicely if you flip it over

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Guntank kind of looks like a chode...

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
How about this little purple fella?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's a thing in the show that the Hyper Bazooka can draw energy from Mobile Suit reactors, so maybe you could have it draining balls?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
YES

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

HG Transient Glacier + red Gundam Pen + my first time building a Gunpla in years = whatever the dick is going on here.

Edit: Raised to the power of my potato phone camera.

Edit 2: Progress report.

Edit 3: Mission complete!

The red was a good choice. This is about 12 hours of work, I'd say, counting a few times I took a break to let paint dry and then :effort:ed on putting on a second coat with a stubborn Gundam Marker.

It's a really fancy-looking kit, once I used some paint to break up the assault of gray/black/purple. Lots of translucent plastic, lots of swooshy pointy bits. Downside, this thing is really going to hog shelf real estate, especially since it can't really stand on its own feet, and it's hard to find good places to grip it where I don't feel like I'm about to break something.

But, with all that purple plastic, if you have an orange light...

Something something trans-am system.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Jan 21, 2018

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Schizophonic's Gyan Krieger gallery is up for all you baka gaijin who couldn't get it. :japan:

http://schizophonic9.com/re4/hguc_krieger.html

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
How have they not made a kit of this thing yet?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

It's a shame there's no official one yet, but hey, it gave me the chance to make my own

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

How have they not made a kit of this thing yet?

Kill it with fire.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.
From reddit, behold the abomination:

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

asterioth posted:

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

asterioth posted:

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

asterioth posted:

Oh no, it appears to have stolen an IBO style rifle :v:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

asterioth posted:

This makes me so angry, and yet I can't explain why.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

asterioth posted:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

asterioth posted:

Kamen Rider Build first Henshin, 2017

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

asterioth posted:

I'm not even mad that's impressive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack