Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I kinda hope it's at least a little substantial. I'd like to see more characters who didn't interact much bounce off of each other and get thrown into unexpected teamups/conflicts.

Like I wanna see how Nappa and Super Saiyan Vegeta interact after all these years, especially if Nappa's actually strong enough to matter to Vegeta in the story mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Android 21 apparently needs to be unlocked so that may not be an option. I'm not sure how launch day stuff handles that.

Why

Why would they do that

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Spiritus Nox posted:

I kinda hope it's at least a little substantial. I'd like to see more characters who didn't interact much bounce off of each other and get thrown into unexpected teamups/conflicts.

Like I wanna see how Nappa and Super Saiyan Vegeta interact after all these years, especially if Nappa's actually strong enough to matter to Vegeta in the story mode.

You're 100% getting that, the beta has the characters taking place after Z.
"Vegeta, don't think I've forgotten about what you did to me back on Earth."
"Tch, Super Sayian? drat that Vegeta, always showing off..."

Were just battle lines, I assume there's more in the story

TheKingofSprings posted:

Why

Why would they do that

SSB's also need to be unlocked (unless you have a code). I'm not sure if it's just for completing story 1 or all of them though

Story 1: The tale of 21 and 16 featuring the Z Fighters
Story 2: A gag story about Freeza being a hero
Story 3: Goes into the past of 17 and 18

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
this several page argument about whether a girl eating a cake is considered vore is loving dumb but now it's gone on so long I'm starting to get into it

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Despite my initial feelings on the design, I'm interested enough that I will definitely try out 21 on my team. Even if I have to get into vore to appreciate her fully.

Chaos Personified
Oct 9, 2012
It isn't the act that is sexualized, it's Android 21 and has been since she was first announced. It isn't vore fetishism, or an appeal to some other obscure fetish that you want to pin it on. It is just the continuation of how women have been mostly protrayed in dragon ball also crashing into the problems of female representation in the anime game community. With that said, it is still okay to enjoy things that have issues like dragon ball and fighterz for their fun and action while still wishing that things could be better.

With that said, if that scene is what finally set off your cheesecake alarm, you might want to turn on your monitor.

Also, I am glad Gohan is gone. He needs to go home and be a family man and leave the fighting to Master Pan.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

CharlestheHammer posted:

Well I assume it's beating the storyline and it's a fighting game how long could it be.

Xrd and Revelator both had characters you had to buy from the in-game shop, so i'm expecting something like that. I think the amount of cash from beating story mode was exactly enough for them though, but I'm not completely sure.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Spiritus Nox posted:

Vegeta just takes one look at the guy and says "I have no idea who this guy is."

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I like this shot from the upcoming game

Bulma is the one true power in the universe.

Also:

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

I never knew how much I wanted, nay, needed this.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

SSB's also need to be unlocked (unless you have a code). I'm not sure if it's just for completing story 1 or all of them though

Story 1: The tale of 21 and 16 featuring the Z Fighters
Story 2: A gag story about Freeza being a hero
Story 3: Goes into the past of 17 and 18

gently caress, I need to play this now.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

lezard_valeth posted:

Grande Padre is a very lovely Padre :mad:

Christmas just went by and he didn't get his kids the new GodPad

El Grande Padre didn't know the firmware update to "conserve battery usage" was going to gently caress with the processing speed, give him a break.

Also I can't wait for Satsui no Hadou Wilford Brimley next week

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Now i'm just disappointed Frieza didn't somehow sneak the kill shot on Kefla so that he could have eliminated every saiyan so far.

Don't know if the evolution of Dyspo to an elite fighter Frieza cannot beat alone really works though. I don't think he was built so far to be that big a deal. Gohan being the person Frieza seems to respect the most is hilarious though.

Said it before and I'll say it again:

Until Hit figured him out, Dyspo was beating the taste out of his mouth. Hit, who was stronger than SSBKKx10 (or 20 I really need to look that up again).

So yeah, it makes sense that Dyspo going all out is too much for Golden Frieza.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I like that the Grand Priest said that there would be a "next time", so its pretty much guaranteed the universes are coming back

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

CharlestonJew posted:

I like that the Grand Priest said that there would be a "next time", so its pretty much guaranteed the universes are coming back

Yeah, I caught that too.

Even if nobody wishes them back, the Zeno twins would probably bring them all back just to do it again because they are remorseless and incapable of feeling empathy for their playthings or the consequences of undoing and redoing universes for their amusement.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just read the latest manga chapter and holy poo poo Caulifla and Kale are actually criminals? I thought that whole delinquent thing was just them being troublemakers in high school or something. But nope, they're just straight up bandits.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Boy did this thread fall off a loving cliff while I was out

Extremely excited to see the 17/18 story in DBFZ

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

TrilliontonNixon posted:

Just read the latest manga chapter and holy poo poo Caulifla and Kale are actually criminals? I thought that whole delinquent thing was just them being troublemakers in high school or something. But nope, they're just straight up bandits.

probably a toyotaro invention since I doubt he was given anything too specific

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Cabba implied he ran into Caulifla a few times before, so given his job I doubt she's not a criminal in the anime.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

khwarezm posted:

Yeah, I noted. That doesn't mean her eating a cake is a Vore thing.

It's a vore thing just like Buu was and like Cell was an unbirthing thing.

Fetishists take what they can get, even with a lot of projecting and that's okay.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Lmao what the gently caress are y’all talking about in here

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Justin_Brett posted:

Cabba implied he ran into Caulifla a few times before, so given his job I doubt she's not a criminal in the anime.

Her brother is a high ranking soldier in the Salad army. And she's at least a gang leader in the anime.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
everything about caulifla's design and personality and way of talking goes along with the criminal thing too so it makes sense

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It's a vore thing just like Buu was and like Cell was an unbirthing thing.

Fetishists take what they can get, even with a lot of projecting and that's okay.

seems like a bunch of goons itt are jerkin it to android 21 lmao

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
also yeah she straight up has a gang in the show I forgot all about these dudes

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I like this shot from the upcoming game

Even Beerus learned that you don't gently caress with Bulma.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Spiritus Nox posted:

The story mode has social links between characters as well as between the characters and "you" so there's supposed to be a ton of original dialogue.

One of the magazines noted that there's a lot of Gotenks giving Nappa poo poo for being unable to go Super Saiyan.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Caulifla was literally introduced with Cabba crashing her gang's cave hideout. She's absolutely a criminal.

e: beaten

Neo_Crimson fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Jan 21, 2018

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I hope Goku Black is in the story mode, I really want to see what he thinks of guys like Freeza, Cell, and Ginyu.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Filthy ningen, the whole lot of them.
Except for the purple guy with the horns, he's alright

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I actually don't think Goku Black will be in the main story mode unless there's time travel bullshit involved

e: rewatching the intro he's not in the big crowd shot of everyone facing down what is now obviously Android 21 from the big red and black aura

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Jan 21, 2018

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

hmmmmmmm

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Blockhouse posted:

everything about caulifla's design and personality and way of talking goes along with the criminal thing too so it makes sense

Pretty sure she even does that crouch thing that is often implied to be something gangsters and delinquents do.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Augus posted:

Filthy ningen, the whole lot of them.
Except for the purple guy with the horns, he's alright

Oh I loving want to see Ginyu bodyswap with Goku Black. "Wha-FILTHY MORTAL THAT WAS MY loving IDEA!!!"

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Ramadu posted:

hmmmmmmm

i refuse to buy dragon ball z for my child

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Ramadu posted:

hmmmmmmm

smilin' like that vegeta

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Maximum comedy would be Goku Black being the final boss of Freeza's story mode, finally allowing him to kill Goku

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

heeheex2 posted:

i refuse to buy dragon ball z for my child

it comes witha fact book

your child will learn facts