Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Enzo Amore is a rapist, and I don't know how to spell it out for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
According to Alvarez, Enzo was supposed to be the one taking all the finishers from DX yesterday. Which begs the question, where the hell was Revival originally slotted in.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

VJeff posted:

where the hell was Revival originally slotted in.

They weren't.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Low Desert Punk posted:

what happened with nia's character? I don't watch very often but last I remember, she was supposed to be an intimidating monster heel

They built her up as the eventual person to take the belt off Alexa, the usual "muscle turns on chickenshit heel" thing, but then they kept bumping up against pulling the trigger but never actually doing it. (Really should've been done at No Mercy after Alexa had officially dispatched Bayley and Banks and no one worthy was left.) Then Asuka showed up and they didn't want monster and monster to interact just yet, so they tossed her into this Enzo thing, but then she also ended up having the confrontation with Asuka anyway and meanwhile Alexa still has the championship and she's not fighting anyone and guhhhhhhhh

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

VJeff posted:

Which begs the question, where the hell was Revival originally slotted in.

Man I wonder what they did

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Ironically, being SAWFT would have saved Enzo from all this.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Midnightghoul posted:

Man I wonder what they did

they were the first wrestlers vince saw backstage after being reminded they needed someone to replace enzo

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

BacktoOVW.jpg

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I love it when wwe has to scramble so I'll be tuning into 205 tonight to see what happens.

(push ali)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DLC Inc posted:

surprised they went from suspended to outright fired so quickly but then again from what I've read, he's been on extremely thin ice for ages and nobody loving likes him

Aside from the fact he didn't tell them about the investigation (:psyduck:), from what was said on Observer Radio it sounds like even in a BEST case scenario he still did a shitload of drugs, none of which WWE's testing picked up.

In other words, in a best case scenario, he was still hugely embarassing the company and putting the entire testing program at risk of being revealed as completely useless.

beggar posted:

Cass must have kept Enzo in check when they were traveling together huh? Because I recall Cass being noted as kind of a down to earth homebody kinda guy off-screen, and Enzo is..not that.

I remember seeing something from some WWE show where they showed Cass and Carmella wanting to have a nice sit-down dinner with Bayley and Enzo, since they were their best friends in NXT. Enzo was being really creepy towards Bayley who was acting really uneasy towards him.

The fact they filmed and aired this made me assume this was all just designed and written to further their characters. Now it seems like it was just a really weird and offputting night where he was acting inappropriate and WWE just went ahead and edited it together and aired it anyway.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jan 23, 2018

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Pinwiz11 posted:

I love it when wwe has to scramble so I'll be tuning into 205 tonight to see what happens.

(push ali)

Cedric is just going to have the belt with no explanation

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
congrats to RAINN for their upcoming $100 donation from one bryan alvarez

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

MotU posted:

Enzo Amore is a rapist, and I don't know how to spell it out for me

there’s only one word to describe enzo and *crowd chants along with this* i’m gonna spell it out for ya! F-I-R-E-D!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Midnightghoul posted:

Cedric is just going to have the belt with no explanation

Show opens on Drew Gulak groveling at the feet of King Neville, and the commentator notes,"Well there's Drew, Court Jester of Neville's Court which has run roughshod over 205 Live for close to a year straight now..."

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Benne posted:

Kinda? They keep going back and forth between the scary monster and her goofy Total Divas persona (specifically her BFF deal with Alexa).

They were setting up a thing with Enzo and Nia that was clearly supposed to be the "skinny guy/fat girl" couple you know Vince thinks is loving hilarious.

Makes me wonder if this will affect Nia's recent push at all. Enzo was the one thing getting her over with the audience. Now that he's gone, its not unlikely that her push will be cut short or outright killed as a result of this.

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

Alternative theory: WWE's PR people and/or people like Triple H reached out to him, and he cut a promo on them instead of taking it seriously.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/allan_cheapshot/status/955906724875112448

:smith:

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Show opens on Drew Gulak groveling at the feet of King Neville, and the commentator notes,"Well there's Drew, Court Jester of Neville's Court which has run roughshod over 205 Live for close to a year straight now..."

SHOW OPEN
Cedric Alexander spray-disinfecting the belt. He walks only to be stopped by a dozen other guys making their claim.
15 person 205 Live Royal Rumble for the title announced and it happens immediately.
Johnny Gargano is #15, and wins.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
This is WWE, so another concern I have (aside from the obvious and the well being of the accuser) is that WWE will punish Carmella and Big Cass just because they were associated with Enzo.

Remember, this is the same company that stopped pushing Sean Ohaire just because Piper got on their bad side.

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

fart blood posted:

This is WWE, so another concern I have (aside from the obvious and the well being of the accuser) is that WWE will punish Carmella and Big Cass just because they were associated with Enzo.

Remember, this is the same company that stopped pushing Sean Ohaire just because Piper got on their bad side.

Cass seemed to have legit disowned him after he got injured

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

fart blood posted:

for some reason i feel like cass and enzo had a falling out after his injury? if that's the case i don't see them punishing cass

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

And Carmella hasn’t been associated with them in well over a year, not since they were in NXT

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I'm excited for Undertaker to fight fellow trump supporter John Cena at WM

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

John Dudebro posted:

i mean, "sami zayn is cool and popular" to "sami zayn loses a lot" doesn't really compare to "enzo is neat and funny" to "enzo is bad at wrestling and everyone hates him and he's a rapist and now he's fired"

You're gonna really freak out when they find all those bodies buried in Bayley's backyard.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

all other things being equal most wrestlers would probably feel inclined to side with trump given his closeness to the mcmahon family

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veaGJDFTncw

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
taker is literally the most obvious trump supporter in the business. he's loyal to the WWE and loves bullying people

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

DarkstarIV posted:

Makes me wonder if this will affect Nia's recent push at all. Enzo was the one thing getting her over with the audience. Now that he's gone, its not unlikely that her push will be cut short or outright killed as a result of this.

I fully support a Gulak/Nia romance angle

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

breaking news: a rich old white man from texas is probably racist

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
You're all missing the biggest tragedy.

He lists himself as a "Sports Entertainer" as his profession.

I believe there is a direct correlation between wrestlers who identify as Sports Entertainers and people who can list off the 14 words by heart.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Low Desert Punk posted:

taker is literally the most obvious trump supporter in the business. he's loyal to the WWE and loves bullying people

Also, Texan

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Drew Gulak as a jester would be amazing, give Neville whatever he wants and make it happen!

I can't praise WWE for acting quickly too much when it seems like the big impetus to go from suspension to firing is that Amore didn't tell them about the allegation/police case. I mean in the old days he probably wouldn't have been suspended at all so it's progress, I just feel like there's still a ways to go. I also still remember several years ago when a woman said that Heath Slater was trying to drag her to his room to have sex against her will and then was stopped and he was just suspended for awhile.

I'm still waiting for the real test of when someone they actually care about does something bad, I mean alleged rapist bad should get you kicked out of WWE no matter what but for lesser offenses I sometimes wonder where the line is for people higher on the card of both sexes. It already seems extremely likely they put their hand on the scales for wellness violations, but we've yet to see that happen to my knowledge in other cases.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Can we get a camapign donation report on the Harris Brothers too

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Taker has been praised by virtually everyone who's ever been asked about him so while his voting for Trump makes me wanna slap him upside the head politely tell him to reconsider his political affiliations, I think he's an outlier.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Taker was always a bad wrestler, so it's not surprising that his political affiliations match his wrestling skills.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Being independent contractors, most wrestlers would vote for a mannequin stuffed with sheep guts if it promised to cut their taxes

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Sigma posted:

vote for a mannequin stuffed with sheep guts

At this point, I wouldn't rule anything out for who the next President will be.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
On the subject of Taker, were his promos like last night always like that? Was just nonsensical

I'm sure he did a similar one in the lead up to Brock that made no sense either. Just rambling

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

On the subject of Taker, were his promos like last night always like that? Was just nonsensical

I'm sure he did a similar one in the lead up to Brock that made no sense either. Just rambling

His dead man gimmick always had bad promos, which is why he was paired with Pritchard at first and Paul Bearer since, since they could talk.

His American Badass/Big Evil/Not Dead Man gimmick had decent promos but nothing on the level of Rock or Dusty or Flair or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/SportsTVRatings/status/955914311452577792

Getting your biggest TV rating of the year and also managing to lose 700k viewers in one night. Nice.

• Locked thread