Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

ShaneB posted:

All the paper is curling up once I opened the box. The sticker sheets are in a tube shape now and the rulebook/scenario book are bowing. Is this a Known Issue?

I had heard some people were having component issues. It didn't happen to me though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Curling paper is pretty normal in my experience. We just solved it by placing all the sheets/paper underneath the convenient 20 pound box included with them.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

ShaneB posted:

All the paper is curling up once I opened the box. The sticker sheets are in a tube shape now and the rulebook/scenario book are bowing. Is this a Known Issue?

Yes, I had a decent amount of factory warping, more on some cards and map tiles though.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

ShaneB posted:

already doing that tonight. can't wait.

Me too! Though, I don't think it'll be much heavier if at all, since you lose a LOT of weight once you punch the whole game.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

deathbagel posted:

Me too! Though, I don't think it'll be much heavier if at all, since you lose a LOT of weight once you punch the whole game.

Yeah, it ends up weighing almost exactly what it did before you opened the box.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

food court bailiff posted:

Eh I really meant 'tweezers' but I was mid-rant, you know how it goes.

e:
DUDE NOBODY BUMP THE TABLE

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

dwarf74 posted:

DUDE NOBODY BUMP THE TABLE

I'm pretty sure both those boxes together still weigh less than Gloomhaven tho

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

ShaneB posted:

I live in the southeast US, where it's very humid 95% of the year. I didn't see it particularly with Gloomhaven, but most board games have this problem for me - as soon as I open the box, any large cardboard components start to warp. I've had it happen with sticker sheets (like in Pandemic Legacy) too.

Just put something heavy and flat on them overnight. You might have to repeat once or twice.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Retired my level 8 Sun class tonight to open up the Moon class, excited to try something completely different!

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
While we're talking about little flaws can I just say I ABSOLUTELY HATE spiral bound notebooks and the one that the scenario is printed in loves to come apart at the slightest provocation.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

zimbomonkey posted:

While we're talking about little flaws can I just say I ABSOLUTELY HATE spiral bound notebooks and the one that the scenario is printed in loves to come apart at the slightest provocation.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Maaan, update on me actually acquiring the game: All I have is cash, and none of the three local game stores got any copies. I may be able to have them order some, though?

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

zimbomonkey posted:

My scenario book was bound with the last page and back cover in front of the front cover, so it doesn't close correctly. It looks like it would be a massive pain in the rear end to fix it though.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

WhiteHowler posted:

My scenario book was bound with the last page and back cover in front of the front cover, so it doesn't close correctly. It looks like it would be a massive pain in the rear end to fix it though.

Apparently that seems to be very common, mine is like that too.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

John Lee posted:

Maaan, update on me actually acquiring the game: All I have is cash, and none of the three local game stores got any copies. I may be able to have them order some, though?

Keep your eye on amazon. It was up for MSRP for about a day last week, and just yesterday was there for a hour or so. It is currently showing at $240 or something nutty like that, but they might restock with regular prices anytime.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Does anyone know of a way to get the cardboard standees from the 1st edition? I assume that some 3rd party has to be making them. I would much prefer those to unpainted minis.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Are there stl's of the minis anywhere? Want to blow up and print several of them as statues in a separate dnd game. May just scan them myself.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

Partial Octopus posted:

Does anyone know of a way to get the cardboard standees from the 1st edition? I assume that some 3rd party has to be making them. I would much prefer those to unpainted minis.

Solution: Paint the minis.

Spikes32
Jul 25, 2013

Happy trees
Anyone printed these standees out and have a good or bad opinion on them?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
That's interesting, but they look gigantic.

Spikes32
Jul 25, 2013

Happy trees
They're the correct size for the hexes

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
Whoa hey don’t go showing me fancy options now that my dice holding ones are on the way.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Is there any (good) way to run through the game solo to get my feet wet with it? The solo scenarios look like you need to get through some of the normal game content first.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
I would just do a dry run of the first scenario and not take XP or rewards. If you are worried about spoilers, you can also do the scenarios that Isaac created for the second kickstarter.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

ShaneB posted:

Is there any (good) way to run through the game solo to get my feet wet with it? The solo scenarios look like you need to get through some of the normal game content first.

Just play a normal scenario and control 2 characters.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Spikes32 posted:

Holy poo poo, where are those from?

Spikes32
Jul 25, 2013

Happy trees

dwarf74 posted:

Holy poo poo, where are those from?

Sorry should have included it in the original post. I've got a friend of a friend who is willing to print me some (for a price if I want a lot) and I'm hoping someone could tell me if they're worth it or not. I'm very close to just trying it.

Hp dial standees

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Woo! Just got my shipping notice for my kickstarter addons. Funagain does really exist!

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Spikes32 posted:

Sorry should have included it in the original post. I've got a friend of a friend who is willing to print me some (for a price if I want a lot) and I'm hoping someone could tell me if they're worth it or not. I'm very close to just trying it.

Hp dial standees

If it works as it looks and the numbers are clean, it seems great. Replacement standees change the game completely.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

How can I tell what prosperity level an item is?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

ShaneB posted:

There's a page in the manual that straight up says which items to add to the shop at each Prosperity level. I don't have it in front of me, but I assume it's towards the back

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
There's no reason for me to have this knowledge but I'm pretty sure it's page 43. It was mentioned in the BT hope it all fits video.

Also yeah do the bonus Kickstarter scenario if you're looking for a rules run.

Cap'n Peacock
Jun 6, 2004
Are YOU free?

Spikes32 posted:

Have played with these that a friend printed out and can confirm that they are fantastic and save a ton of time. There's even a little ledge for the status tokens.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

ShaneB posted:

You start with items 1-14 and you get I think 15-21 at Prosp level 2

Ajon
Aug 8, 2007
'VRROOOMMM!!!' roared the car. 'SPRUITS!' said gramma.
This game owns.

I have the personal quest to experience two other characters fulfilling their personal quests. In my group we're playing with our personal quests semi-secret, so only the fluff is public. How do I convince my friends to retire asap so I can unlock the cool music note class? I'm quite sure they have quests to collect gold and collect enhancements. I'm trying to let them loot everything, but they always spend it on something dumb (ie. not retiring).

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass

Cap'n Peacock posted:

Have played with these that a friend printed out and can confirm that they are fantastic and save a ton of time. There's even a little ledge for the status tokens.

Are 3D printers a common thing for us nerds to own now?

Spikes32
Jul 25, 2013

Happy trees

Cap'n Peacock posted:

Awesome thanks for the info. I'll go ahead and order them

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

KingKapalone posted:

Hah that's how I feel. I am constantly surprised by how many people I know who own one.

On topic: wooooo! I get to play tomorrow after 5 weeks off! I need to review the ai movement/attack rules heh.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

KingKapalone posted:

Fairly common to own, definitely very common to have access to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

KingKapalone posted:

A lot of libraries have them now.