Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012
The dragon is only roughly as powerful as the Namekian who made him (or something like that). I think the main characters try wishing for Shenron to kill the Saiyans before they come to Earth and he can't actually do it, so any of the later villains would have been unkillable by him or Porunga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

Kale is but I'm pretty sure Caulifla is only gay for fighting.

Then again I suppose that worked for her U7 counterpart as well so :shrug:

Also have some .gifs

https://i.imgur.com/zxxzBl9.mp4

Where is the first one from?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I have a genuine question as it's not something I ever had cleared up- but how strong is Shenron in general? Rewatching various clips from different Z arcs and they make it sound like he can do just about anything which makes some stuff confusing.

Freeza is being a menace on Namek? Wish he was dead and everything he did was undone.

Buu is blowing up the world going on a rampage only for Goku to zip in and ask Shenron to leave so he can save a wish. Why didn't he just ask him to delete buu? Same deal with the Spirit Bomb at the end. It's creative in a way to wish Goku's energy back but just be like "Yo shenron ice this dude."

Could Zamasu have just been like "Yo my buddy kill all ningen thanks"

Then there's stuff like Shenron being terrified of Beerus and just man, where's this dragon sitting at I'm kinda confused on his mechanics.

They try to have Shenron kill the Saiyans but he tells them he can't negatively effect anyone stronger than him

which given King Piccolo killed him is a lot of people

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Goddamn this episode delivered, eat poo poo Frieza lol

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
This episode ruled and was another reiteration that, no, Freeza is never going to stop being Freeza.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Mr Interweb posted:

Where is the first one from?

The most recent episode

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
You'd think Freeza would have learned to get out of dodge when you piss someone off so bad they generate their own glowy aura and call down lightning from nowhere.

Then again if Freeza learned from his mistakes he wouldn't be Freeza.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Shenron doesn't have enough power to kill anyone more powerful than the person who created him, but can apparently do all kinds of poo poo that his creator can't, which I never understood.

IcePhoenix posted:

The most recent episode

Huh. Wonder what happened to the animation. Freeza actually looks on model from Z.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Fully caught up with the manga. The pacing gets massively better after the Universe 6 arc when each chapter has 45 pages of breathing room.

I suppose if the show goes on hiatus from March to December the manga will catch up. They could end up running almost parallel, that'd be good.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
It's because the dude has zero self-awareness. Every defeat is just another insult he can't let go, and why should he have to learn anything when he can just kill them and reclaim his wounded pride?

He still thinks he's the hottest poo poo in the multiverse despite all the overwhelming evidence to the contrary and that he'll always win over everyone in the end because he's Freeza and everyone else is a lower lifeform that exists to entertain.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Mr Interweb posted:

Shenron doesn't have enough power to kill anyone more powerful than the person who created him, but can apparently do all kinds of poo poo that his creator can't, which I never understood.

Huh. Wonder what happened to the animation. Freeza actually looks on model from Z.
The pro move would have been to wish for their spaceships to malfunction, but my general read is that Shenron isn't meant to do destructive poo poo, even if he can to a limited extent as part of other wishes.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

IcePhoenix posted:

Also have some .gifs

Freeza's head is shrinking.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

You'd think Freeza would have learned to get out of dodge when you piss someone off so bad they generate their own glowy aura and call down lightning from nowhere.

Then again if Freeza learned from his mistakes he wouldn't be Freeza.

I think Frieza's got a shot yet. This arc has had Goku and Vegeta both repeat their most defining moments (Goku going Super Saiyan, Vegeta goading his opponent into tanking the Final Flash) and surpassing them and this episode was basically a greatest hits of Frieza getting dunked on from the latter half of the Frieza saga but with the door left open for him to make a final contribution via 17's last moment save. I'm guessing he's actually gonna learn something this time and play a critical role when all hope seems lost in the closing minutes of the battle.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I legit think he's not going to get back up and they're going to go with "U7 wins because Freeza's unconscious body is in the ring" because that is hilarious

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just remembered that when 17 threw that rock at him he actually said the "my hand slipped" line. :allears:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
17 saved Friezas rear end

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Is Toppo natty?

Someone needs to do the you vs the guy she warned you not to worry about thing with fat normal him vs swole rear end imposing GoD Toppo

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I've been waiting all of Super for some MUSCLE POWER UPS

Last one I got was with Kale so it's good to see Toppo going into full muscle mode as well

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I really really hope they go out on a cliffhanger and end the show immediately before Freeza makes his wish..

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
also I guess we have to take the barrier off the list of moves that work 100% of the time

leaving Solar Flare as the only move on the list (the blind guy doesn't count)

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Steve2911 posted:

Is there a reason the entire universe survival arc looks like poo poo? It looks like of like they went for a weird outline effect to highlight the fact that they're in ultra-mega-space, but it just makes all the characters stand out in a really ugly way.

It looks really cheap.

It's really cheap.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Black August posted:

Freiza is clearly being set up for his big angry grand comeback finale when the final fighters are Goku, Freiza, and Jiren

My guess, (lets split it by episode)

Toppo knocks out 17 and starts fighting Vegeta
Vegeta joint KO with Toppo (lets vegeta be seen as a GoD level and go out like a champ without being the 'main' hero)
Goku vs Jiren and episode Ends with Jiren unleashing everything, Goku looking like he's done for.
Goku comeback, unlocks true UI and whumps Jiren.
Aftermath of the Jiren defeat and Frieza pops up and tries to sneak attack Goku. Goku (still in UI) accidentally obliterates him and gets DQd
Entire ToP ends in a draw and all universes get restored as a result, episode discusses all of this
Final wrapup episodes full of epilogues, goodbyes etc.

I'm personally hoping that true UI ends up being like a flashy instant win move for Goku where he's basically not showing any signs of consciousness and is fighting in a completely autonomous state. Think along the lines of him using instant transmission in combination with all of the different moves he's picked up from all the fighters he's copied (in addition to picking up jiren's fighting style), to set up and execute some perfect crazy combo that's instinctually perfect in defeating Jiren.

Then after that, Frieza attacks but goku just auto-kills him by accident.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Legit thought Frieza had gotten completely eradicated, and Toppo would have gotten away with it on the technicality that Frieza was already dead so technically Toppo didn't kill him.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
People in the last page forgetting that 18 got to punch a Giant Woman thru the head because she called her hubby an uggo, and it was dope AF.

Also Freeza got hosed up and I'm so happy. I'm also betting on him giving U7 the advantage because he didn't get rang out. Oh, and I agree with the dude that said 17 ended up getting Gohan's role during this arc, every single appearance he had was him doing some clever poo poo to get a ring-out or saving someone else's rear end. He's a good boy.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

If you do enough drugs you'll look just like your hero Goku. Drink the weird thing a catman offers you, eat these seeds, they'll make you feel super good.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Gohan has never been clever he's always relied on retard strength so it was always odd to me that they made him the leader tactical genius man

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Using infinite energy to tie down a dude stronger than you and run out the clock is smarter than pretty much anything Gohan has ever done in battle.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Oh, I agree, it's just weird that they were pushing "Gohan, you're gonna be the strategist, you're gonna be the team leader" and 17 ends up on that role even though he's the weirdo loner scene kid who's a bit too much into animals.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Zzulu posted:

Gohan has never been clever he's always relied on retard strength so it was always odd to me that they made him the leader tactical genius man

Excuse you... he wears glasses... would a retard wear glasses???

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Gohan is a nerd and Goku can't differentiate between smartypants things. He thinks that everyone who wears glasses spends all their free time playing chess.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I like how Vegeta perfectly understands Goku's plans even though all he does is shout at him not to boss him around

it's... it's not like I like fighting with you or anything~~~~

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I have a genuine question as it's not something I ever had cleared up- but how strong is Shenron in general?

Weaker than King Piccolo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9EuBCF4160

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

17 gonna win

He really wants to get that boat for his wife and kids, neither justice nor destruction can withstand that.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I loving love Super. I can't believe how amazing 17 is. He's just so flippin' cool

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

TrilliontonNixon posted:

Freeza's head is shrinking.

Well, yeah, Toppo squeezed it this episode. Next we see him Frieza will be an opposite Stewie from Family Guy

Sir Ilpalazzo posted:

The dragon is only roughly as powerful as the Namekian who made him (or something like that). I think the main characters try wishing for Shenron to kill the Saiyans before they come to Earth and he can't actually do it, so any of the later villains would have been unkillable by him or Porunga.

They should have asked him to change the navigation coordinates from the space pokeball. He can do that right? Reroute them into a black hole or the sun while Vegeta and Nappa are sleeping. Whole franchise solved.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Rutibex posted:

The tournament is exactly 48 minutes because that is how long the Grand Priest is able to reverse time. Once its over he will reverse all the erasures and tell everyone that this has been a stern warning to them, and they should clean up their acts to improve their mortal levels.

No each angel can reverse time by 3 minutes, which totals 36 minutes.
The Grand Priest then reverse time by 12 minutes cause he is 4x times stronger than his sons, giving the still enduring power levels nerds something to work on while DBS goes on hiatus.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Did Jiren actually look sad when he was the only one caring about justice or Pride when Toppo just said "gently caress IT, DESTRUCTION TIME"? Because it would have been a great time for his leer to soften for a bit.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Nessus posted:

The pro move would have been to wish for their spaceships to malfunction, but my general read is that Shenron isn't meant to do destructive poo poo, even if he can to a limited extent as part of other wishes.

Ultimate Shen Long is the one who can ice fools.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Crabtree posted:

Did Jiren actually look sad when he was the only one caring about justice or Pride when Toppo just said "gently caress IT, DESTRUCTION TIME"? Because it would have been a great time for his leer to soften for a bit.

I mean he's still got a total poker face as usual but the fact that he broke off his fight with Vegeta and Goku to see what Toppo was doing is pretty noteworthy