Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whatevz
Sep 22, 2013

I lack the most basic processes inherent in all living organisms: reproducing and dying.

whatevz fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Apr 25, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
Nael, hands down

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Her poetry does seem legitimately beyond parody

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

derp is evolving guys

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
it needs a scrawled drawing of a baby with a question mark next to it on the next page tho

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

derp posted:

it needs a scrawled drawing of a baby with a question mark next to it on the next page tho

I might do that now because it sounds hilarious in my head

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Nael is cool

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

:same:

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

:agreed:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

:wow:

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

:perfect:

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

lol

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I may end up making a twitter that just does yahoo answers as rupi kaur

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
lmao

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
the drawings are too abstract for her. they would be a drawing of a mother and three children, and then a drawing of a green crotch.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

derp posted:

the drawings are too abstract for her. they would be a drawing of a mother and three children, and then a drawing of a green crotch.

I am not doing this one literally

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I am not doing this one literally

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Now this one I genuinely can't tell although the badly scrawled drawing says fake

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

hackbunny posted:

Now this one I genuinely can't tell although the badly scrawled drawing says fake

It's real

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

:cripes:

So the college poo poo is definitely a pattern

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Tell your friends

https://twitter.com/YahooRupi

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Where do fists come from?

gently caress yes

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

pleasecallmechrist posted:

Regarding rupi kaur

Naeled it

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

this is great

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

It's the second "YES" that gets me

whatevz
Sep 22, 2013

I lack the most basic processes inherent in all living organisms: reproducing and dying.

whatevz fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Apr 25, 2022

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

How the hell does she get published and sold to anyone?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Shibawanko posted:

How the hell does she get published and sold to anyone?

self published
one million instagram followers to buy whatever she tells them to

Dr. Kloctopussy
Apr 22, 2003

"It's time....to DIE!"

derp posted:

self published
one million instagram followers to buy whatever she tells them to

It's nice to be pretty and an inst-irational poet.

Douk Douk
Mar 17, 2009

Take your pervert war elsewhere.

that tiger poem is legitimately good lmao that kid's going places

Burning Rain
Jul 17, 2006

What's happening?!?!
Hofstadter is super smug and annoying to read, but it's worth it just to see him saying that he'd translate Sagan's "Bonjour, Tristesse" as "Howdy, Blues" because everything else is too literal

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
Just this morning I read an article by Hofstadter on machine translation, and it's weird because he says a lot of things that are correct (like that translation is about understanding and recreating meaning, not just decoding language) but instead of using these basic observations as basis for any further discussion, he presents them as amazing revelations that are supposed to blow your mind. It's like he studies translation out of (self-serving) admiration rather than any desire to truly understand it, and just ends up mystifying and mythicising very basic notions of modern translation theory that are, in reality, just the first principles you have recognise before discussing translation seriously at all. He enthuses endlessly about how he's come to the earth-shattering revelation that "maybe when I translate... I can change some words??" and is also super duper smug about it all the time.

tl;dr Hofstadter is a humanities weeaboo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Mind linking that?