Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

while we're talking about things being problematic can we talk about that scene in symphogear season 4 where genjuuro explains that they got gungnir from the nazis during ww2 and everyone just kind of glances back and forth for 30 seconds awkwardly and then its never addressed again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

is the junji ito collection good

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ninjewtsu posted:

is the junji ito collection good

no

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

episode 4 was good, but since it's an anthology show there's no telling where it goes next

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

that's sad, i quite enjoy googling junji ito and finding all kinds of weird, grotesque images

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i forgot they also did a good Long Dream bit in ep 2 or 3. basically when the show adapts a story that was originally strong, it seems to do well. anything else is a crapshoot because it is a very limited production and they have kinda fumbled creating the creepy atmosphere.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
They just put up a preview for Gundam Build Divers. It's pretty great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zR55C33TLA

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
The Ito Collection is a pretty half-assed production overall. It doesn't seem like the staff working on it give much of a poo poo about it. Ito's work is like 80% tone/atmosphere, and the show generally fails on that front. Not always, but enough to lose confidence in it.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Whoops, accidentally quoted myself...

Guavatin
Mar 30, 2017

I think my tongues trying to kill me

ViggyNash posted:

The Ito Collection is a pretty half-assed production overall. It doesn't seem like the staff working on it give much of a poo poo about it. Ito's work is like 80% tone/atmosphere, and the show generally fails on that front. Not always, but enough to lose confidence in it.

That's dissappointing to hear.

I'd love to see hellstar remina get an OVA or an episode sometime. The bit where they're jumping across the world would be great to see animated.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

while we're talking about things being problematic can we talk about that scene in symphogear season 4 where genjuuro explains that they got gungnir from the nazis during ww2 and everyone just kind of glances back and forth for 30 seconds awkwardly and then its never addressed again
Maybe they got it from Stroheim? Dude was certainly enthusiastic about German Science.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Endorph posted:

I thought that kinda owned in a shlocky way. The Symphogear tech being Nazi adjacent is a recurring, if minor theme during AZX - it's part of why Val Verde is full of relic research (it's served as a haven for Nazi ex-scientists). Grandpa Kazanari seems like an ultranationalist and is probably pro-nazi but he's not exactly portrayed as a positive figure. He's the worst person in Symphogear. He's mean to Genjuuro., Japan's greatest mentor figure..I figure that Gugnir coming from the Nazis is meant to play into the fact that you might come from a sordid past, but you can CHANGE THE FUTURE

It's fun in a weird war 2 kind of way. As a Jew I'm usually pretty sensitive to Nazi stuff but it doesn't bug me at all.

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
Does the new SAO spinoff thing do the "you die in the game you die for real" poo poo or is it just people having fun playing an MMO?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

SAO hasn't done the die in game die for real thing since the first arc.

Well, they kinda did in the Gun Gale arc, but that was more coordinated external murder than anything happening in the game itself.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

esselfortium posted:

Does the new SAO spinoff thing do the "you die in the game you die for real" poo poo or is it just people having fun playing an MMO?
It's just people playing an MMO.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

A fate worse than death.

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting

Endorph posted:

It's just people playing an MMO.

Good to hear, thanks!

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
as a tall the mmo show sounds good and relatable

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Being tall is good.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
agreed

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
My GF is 1.55 (5'1''?), so being short sometimes is good.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I've dated some shorties and it works out either way

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Instead of the gun show let's all get mad about uh. *checks notes* Hetalia.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Instead of the gun show let's all get mad about uh. *checks notes* Hetalia.

I'm gonna be mad that there isn't a Gundam airing this season instead :v:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

good thing gundam with VR and furries is airing next season

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Gundam but instead of giant robots its just a character drama where everyone has a big gun and a monster cock

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

but you repeat yourself

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
The characters are literally just 6 foot penises with tiny bodies hanging off them around the mid-waist.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Gundam but it's just the hot gundam guys touching penises

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

Gundam but it's just the hot gundam guys touching penises
opinions were mixed on ironblooded orphans

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I heard it ends with lesbian marriage which would be enough to get me to watch the show except there's a lot of it before it ends.

There's two gundam guy couples I really like but they're not from one of the 1.2 gundam shows ive watched and I don't know their names

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

I heard it ends with lesbian marriage which would be enough to get me to watch the show except there's a lot of it before it ends.

There's two gundam guy couples I really like but they're not from one of the 1.2 gundam shows ive watched and I don't know their names

describe them

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
One looks like a girl and one looks like a bigger, handsome girl

this is both of the couples

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

opinions were mixed on ironblooded orphans
Eh, it was a Gundam brought to us by the same team that made AnoHana, Toradora and Anthem of the Heart. Bitter-sweet feelings were gonna make their way out one way or another.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

dogsicle posted:

good thing gundam with VR and furries is airing next season

...I don't know if you're joking or not. I mean. If it has Gundam in the title I'll watch it, but really I just want more sci-fi war stories / space opera in my anime.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Isn't a Legend of the Galactic Heroes Anime/Movie Project happening this year?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Wark Say posted:

Isn't a Legend of the Galactic Heroes Anime/Movie Project happening this year?

"The series has been spilt into two seasons; with season 1 titled The Legend of the Galactic Heroes Die Neue These Kaikō (The New Thesis: Star-Crossed) airing 12 episodes, and season 2 titled The Legend of the Galactic Heroes Die Neue These Seiran (The New Thesis: Stellar War) premiering in theaters as three films of four episodes each, in 2019.[13]"

I think so and I'm excited for it!

...I'm also a greedy, greedy person who wants these anime companies to make me more sci-fi, especially out of original IPs. Less isekai, more giant robots please!

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

DisDisDis posted:

i watched wing when i was like 4 and heero and the deathscythe guy were pretty gay

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Space Flower posted:

i watched wing when i was like 4 and heero and the deathscythe guy were pretty gay

People always say this, and I don’t get it. The Berber prince and the ninja clown, sure, they were gay as hell, but Heero and Duo barely interacted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

StrixNebulosa posted:

"The series has been spilt into two seasons; with season 1 titled The Legend of the Galactic Heroes Die Neue These Kaikō (The New Thesis: Star-Crossed) airing 12 episodes, and season 2 titled The Legend of the Galactic Heroes Die Neue These Seiran (The New Thesis: Stellar War) premiering in theaters as three films of four episodes each, in 2019.[13]"

I think so and I'm excited for it!

...I'm also a greedy, greedy person who wants these anime companies to make me more sci-fi, especially out of original IPs. Less isekai, more giant robots please!

they should adapt something new instead of remaking something that already has a full adaption. its not like theyre gonna commit to it anyway

• Locked thread