Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
They should animate Teppu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Sindai posted:

I haven't read the manga but the Keijo anime is hilarious because it's an extremely serious and well animated martial arts/sports show.

The manga is this but with a cool mom

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Instead of Bikini Warriors I'm watching Seven Mortal Sins

I don't remember liking it when it first came out but it's actually pretty fun (not just because the censor bubbles are gone)

DisDisDis fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Feb 3, 2018

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Eela6 posted:

Keijo is the best sports anime I have ever seen*

*(I have not watched a lot of sports anime)

You should watch Chihayafuru

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
And Haikyuu

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Eela6 posted:

If you haven’t, watch Girls und Panzer. No, seriously.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The new Gundam is going to be a sports anime and an Isekai

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Eela6 posted:

watch chihafuru, girls und panzer, and read teppuu.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I know it's a kid's show and they don't want it to be confusing, but does anyone on earth actually make their MMO characters look exactly like themselves?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

yes, i am in fact the guy they based the default white male shaved model on

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Knorth posted:

And Haikyuu

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EMUlvhsS0s

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLnntYUbzp4

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:
Anyone who likes Keijo!!!!!!!! would probably also like Prince of Tennis imo

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Guy Goodbody posted:

I know it's a kid's show and they don't want it to be confusing, but does anyone on earth actually make their MMO characters look exactly like themselves?

Vanity would say yes, though given the limited appearance options of most MMOs now lots of people who might make their avatar look like themselves probably don't simply because they can't. That said, I find it funnier he not only made his avatar an exact copy of himself but made his outfit just a regular outfit bar a sword and some kind of chest armor.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im not accusing anyone of anything but its hard for me to get into keijo in a world where female athletes are criticized if they arent pretty among, erm, other things. if it was just butt battles itd be one thing but the specific plot point of 'well i used to do ___ sport but this one makes more money' has always weirded me out. well, peace.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

tsob posted:

Vanity would say yes, though given the limited appearance options of most MMOs now lots of people who might make their avatar look like themselves probably don't simply because they can't. That said, I find it funnier he not only made his avatar an exact copy of himself but made his outfit just a regular outfit bar a sword and some kind of chest armor.

Be fair, the other guy went for a fantasy outfit and looks like this

The girl at least gave herself bigger, pinker hair and cat ears. Which I think everyone would do IRL if given the option

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z46tqgPNztk&t=15s

respect to miss connors

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Guy Goodbody posted:

Be fair, the other guy went for a fantasy outfit and looks like this

The girl at least gave herself bigger, pinker hair and cat ears. Which I think everyone would do IRL if given the option

Yea, see that I can understand. Main Character-kun just giving himself a sword and buckler or whatever it's called just feels so tame and boring in comparison. Or maybe runners and a t-shirt are a fantasy for him, because his parents are really strict so he has a low bar for what "stuffI could never wear in real life" is.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Mortal Sins is incredible

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Takunomi is good.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
I could not get into GuP at all. I'll probably give it another shot one of these days.

Endorph, I honestly think you would like Keijo!!, but I can understand your reservations. I'm not going to go 'Keijo is feminist, actually', but I think it handles it's material pretty well for what it is. What it's material is, is butts, and also boobs, and the best special attack names of all time. That said, it's not like a masterpiece of modern anime, it's just a good time.

Eela6 fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Feb 3, 2018

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Eela6 posted:

Endorph, I honestly think you would like Keijo!!, but I can understand your reservations. I'm not going to go 'Keijo is feminist, actually', but I think it handles it's material pretty well for what it is. What it's material is, is butts, and also boobs, and the best special attack names of all time. That said, it's not like a masterpiece of modern anime, it's just a good time.

Yeah, seconding this. It's a good sports show that loves boobs and butts and honestly the biggest shocker about it is that it's not lewd? Like, with that premise you'd expect it to be 100% sex comedy with fan service, but instead... I mean, it has sex comedy, but it's sports anime first. And I like that.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Keijo!!!!!!!! is the greatest work of art of our times

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I honestly think I'd like Keijo!!!!!!!! more if it was a sex comedy.

I'm with Endorph where the "I don't exactly wanna do it, but slamming girls with my rear end makes me more money so Here We Are" is like, just offputting enough to where I feel weird about it

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Feb 3, 2018

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

It's Keijo!!!!!!!!

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
sorry, fixed my post to ad the !!!!!!!!!!'s

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
As somebody who sort of liked Keijo!!!!!!!! It is absolutely trying to be a fanservice thing first and foremost. Fanservice Gimmick aside, it doesn't really do much different from your standard sports, which while it can normalize it a bit, but that also hurts it's writing, which boils down to a lot of the bog standard tricks of the trade. One big mark against it is that, at least in the Anime adaptation, there is very little actual character development (and whats there is basically i learned a new technique), which is a big mark against any story focusing on the growth of the characters.

I'll be contrarian and say that Endorph wouldn't like Keijo!!!!!!!!

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Keijo!!!!!!!! Is absolutely a fan service comedy, and I kinda like how the initial motivation for getting into the sport is that she has a poor family and the sport of keijo!!!!!!!! is the most profitable way for her to use her gymnastic abilities.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Also I don't remember them not wanting to do it, they're all for the sport of keijo!!!!!!!!

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
Keijo!!!!!!!! is basically rear end JoJo and it's great. It's absolutely stupid and everyone has Stands and other shounen-anime superpowers that they use with their butts. Despite it clearly knowing exactly how dumb its premise is and doubling down on it constantly in the most over-the-top ways it can think of, it presents it all as though it were deadly serious, which makes the whole thing all the funnier.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

me: i didnt like keijo
seven people: i think you'd like keijo
me: but i just said i didnt like it

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't like Dagashi Kashi getting serious. Not this early in the season, at least

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Endorph posted:

We like Keijo, ergo

For serious though watch what you want to watch, then post here and tell us if we should watch it too

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also, the early episodes of girls und panzer are kinda plodding since it has to introduce tanks to an untanked audience, but i'd say watch up to the ep where they have a skirmish match against the british. seeing the tactics and stuff miho tried really sold me on it.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
watch haikyuu too because it's incredibly good

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Endorph posted:

I don't think you'd like keijo!!!!!!!! I can tell that because you use an incorrect amount of punctuation

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also also, honestly the whole 'it's not lewd at all!! it's just rear end JoJo's!' thing is what weirds me out about Keijo. I'd be more into it if it was just queen's blade or something instead of playing that weird game of hot foot. It's too sex-focused to be anything but a sex-comedy but it's also trying to not be just a sex comedy and the end result is bizarre tonally to me.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Expect My Mom posted:

watch haikyuu too because it's incredibly good

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i couldnt get into haikyu. apologies.

• Locked thread