Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

dwarf74 posted:

Just go ahead and do it. The Rules Police aren't going to pull you from your homes in the middle of the night. I think there'd be a (small) balance issue if it was done over and over again, but if you find out a card doesn't fit your playstyle? Pfft.

I've houseruled in the respec rule from D&D 4th edition: each time you level up you can swap out a single power that you're not happy with. It gives you the opportunity to correct a mistake without being so permissive that it's effectively putting all of your level-up cards in your available pool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Servoret
Nov 8, 2009

dwarf74 posted:

Just go ahead and do it. The Rules Police aren't going to pull you from your homes in the middle of the night. I think there'd be a (small) balance issue if it was done over and over again, but if you find out a card doesn't fit your playstyle? Pfft.

Yeah, I’ve come to ignore that rule and I don’t roleplay the hard man selfish mercenary the way I’m supposed to. I like to play my co-op games co-op and I’m not afraid of being quarterbacked. (And I know who the quarterback is in my Gloomhaven group— it isn’t me.)

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Afriscipio posted:

Scenario question in regards to retirement goals: is Scenario 8 a boss scenario?

Spoilering just in case someone cares about the answer...
The scenario book says (Boss) next to the bodyguards...also they use the boss deck so I would have to say "yes it is" haha

Ivan Dolvich
Oct 14, 2004

Shit bag. I use all ammunition for weapon

Question about enhancements:

For one card, the bottom half is a move 3, and push 2 targeting all adjacent enemies. Next to the push 2 is a spot for an enhancement. Can I put a status effect on that like poison, wound or immobilize and would that affect all the adjacent enemies?

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I've been enjoying the mixture of Sun and character goal 527, Zealot of the Blood God, which says you have to become exhausted 12 times.
I've got a holy warrior in search of a glorious death in battle and it's turned out to be surprisingly hard, because being hard to kill is her whole thing. Naturally and unfortunately, I've now got a fully blinged-out level 9 with nothing to do except die three more times, which is a little boring, but that just drives home the characterization. Of course she'd be bored at this point.

The class + motivation part of character creation is a surprisingly good and simple way to make someone interesting.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Status effects can only be put on main lines that affect enemies, so you can't put them on a Move line or a Push line.

What you can put on that Push line is a +1.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.

Some Numbers posted:

Status effects can only be put on main lines that affect enemies, so you can't put them on a Move line or a Push line.

What you can put on that Push line is a +1.

I think on the card in question, the push line is a main line, though.

Rulebook posted:

“Main line ability” refers to an ability written in large font (as opposed to modifiers written in a smaller font under the main line):

I can't quickly find specifically a move 3 push 2 targetting all adjacent enemies, but compare the bottom of Sweeping Blow (Brute card 003; Move 3, Push 1 target all adjacent enemies) to the top of Warding Strength (Brute card 007; Attack 3 Push 2). The Push on Sweeping Blow looks like a main line to me. See also the rulebook example of adding Wound to a Poison line.

Just make sure you double the base cost of the status effect since the ability affects multiple targets.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Max Peck posted:

I can't quickly find specifically a move 3 push 2 targetting all adjacent enemies, but compare the bottom of Sweeping Blow (Brute card 003; Move 3, Push 1 target all adjacent enemies) to the top of Warding Strength (Brute card 007; Attack 3 Push 2). The Push on Sweeping Blow looks like a main line to me. See also the rulebook example of adding Wound to a Poison line.

Just make sure you double the base cost of the status effect since the ability affects multiple targets.

Huh, I thought Push was always a secondary line thing.

I'd definitely put Immobilize on the bottom of Sweeping Blow then.

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf
I haven't seen this posted yet in the thread, but this is a pretty nice app for managing just about everything. It handles monster stats, monster action cards, monster attack modifiers, and element status. We've used it on our first 4 or so scenarios and it's been such a great tool.

http://www.gloomhavendungeonmaster.com/

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Me and my SO had a break of a couple of weeks after a sewer level burnt us out of the game for a while. We were also playing new characters (saw and sunburst spoilers) and didn't really do enough damage/didn't really know our character. Now that I've levelled up the sawbones a bit, and understood how good med packs are, we've been kicking rear end! I now have access to the insta-death cards for the sawbones and bought him both the bleed sword and the poison dagger, so now he's a status-causing death machine, along with being a fine healer (I'm building him to deal damage because otherwise sawbones/sunburst don't cause enough damage together). My SO is better about getting Light Elements when doing damage as well: repeatable 5 damage attacks with advantage are pretty ace..

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

We got smashed on the Drake Nest sunday night, but we were playing it with 5p rules so that was just extra double hard. Both tries resulted in someone getting close to completely exhausted before the 2nd room was cleared, and both tries we got to 80% of the target goal.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
That scenario was miserable

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Ragnar34 posted:

I've been enjoying the mixture of Sun and character goal 527, Zealot of the Blood God, which says you have to become exhausted 12 times.
I've got a holy warrior in search of a glorious death in battle and it's turned out to be surprisingly hard, because being hard to kill is her whole thing. Naturally and unfortunately, I've now got a fully blinged-out level 9 with nothing to do except die three more times, which is a little boring, but that just drives home the characterization. Of course she'd be bored at this point.

The class + motivation part of character creation is a surprisingly good and simple way to make someone interesting.

If you really want to exhaust a bunch, you can just drop a card to damage each time you take any, and run out of cards

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.

thespaceinvader posted:

If you really want to exhaust a bunch, you can just drop a card to damage each time you take any, and run out of cards
I've finally got a group together to play this instead of just solo play, and it's great fun even if one dude keeps accidentally cheating. I've got this same personal quest for my cragheart. The hard part is playing well enough to help my team win and then exhausting at the end. Just exhausting a bunch by being profligate with my loss cards would be easy, but we'd lose more. Why are we putting this in spoiler tags anyway? It doesn't seem like a spoiler to me.

Cragheart is a lot of fun and seems plain better than the Brute I was playing in my solo games. Similar toughness (same HP, doesn't have the shield 6 times card, but has 1 more card in hand to make up for that), more AoE/multitarget, more range, more elements and thus synergy with others, similar damage, neither has much status. Maybe I'm missing something - maybe the damage is slightly weaker. I'll do a side-by-side analysis tonight - my impression from playing is that the Brute is overall weaker than cragheart, but impression is not always reality.

Jimbozig fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Feb 20, 2018

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Brutes big advantages are reliable access to shielding, burst damage, and a couple stuns. If you're getting hit from a bunch of damage sources then shielding is going to serve you better than trashing a card - no one wants to lose a card over 3 damage, but reducing 3 to 2 several times can be a big deal. Brutes are also capable of just doing a big hit to a single enemy, something I definitely lack as a cragheart. This can be important for burning down a priority target or just reducing incoming damage/CC. Stuns obviously work the same way in terms of locking down a problematic enemy, whereas a cragheart sorta just has to hope stuff dies in a timely fashion and maybe muddle stuff.

OfChristandMen
Feb 14, 2006

GENERIC CANDY AVATAR #2
Cragheart has been a great experience for me. I love the combination of Avalanche + Dirt Tornado to muddle & damage a whole bunch of people. Typically I'll spend a turn playing Backup Ammunition and the "Extra Range on Attacks with Wind" as powers when the rest of the team does a Long Rest as I have more cards than other team members. Though I will mention it is a double-edged-boulder when you spend cards as ongoing powers since it effectively reduces your turn count in the long run at the expense of getting xp.

I typically think of the Cragheart as a Ranged AoE disabler that can take hits if necessary. Also the creation/destruction of my own obstacles combined with a "Dirt" tornado has the whole group suggesting my character shits and farts their way to victory.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.

Countblanc posted:

Brutes big advantages are reliable access to shielding, burst damage, and a couple stuns. If you're getting hit from a bunch of damage sources then shielding is going to serve you better than trashing a card - no one wants to lose a card over 3 damage, but reducing 3 to 2 several times can be a big deal. Brutes are also capable of just doing a big hit to a single enemy, something I definitely lack as a cragheart. This can be important for burning down a priority target or just reducing incoming damage/CC. Stuns obviously work the same way in terms of locking down a problematic enemy, whereas a cragheart sorta just has to hope stuff dies in a timely fashion and maybe muddle stuff.

Yeah, I forgot about the stuns. That is a good point - the cragheart doesn't get any status that good. Not sure on the big hits - yeah, the brute can do 6 for a loss, but the cragheart can do 5 to two enemies for a loss, which is not strictly better, but it totally is better. But maybe the Brute is doing more damage with non-loss cards and I didn't notice.

I disagree on the shield:

As a brute, I spend an action to use a loss card to save 6 HP over the course of the battle (assuming I get hit 6 times).

As a cragheart, I start with 1 extra card in hand, don't spend the loss card, and don't spend the action. So I have a 2-card edge on the brute. If I spend each of those 2 cards negating 3 damage each, then I've saved as much HP as the brute but am still up an action, plus however many extra turns those two cards bought me before I trashed them. 2 extra cards in hand is a full extra turn per rest. So if I get through 2 rests before trashing them, then the Brute is 2 turns closer to exhausting than I am. I'm pretty confident that at level 1 with equal equipment the cragheart will outlast the brute in most circumstances.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
Warding strength kinda sucks but shield bash is really good.

e: also with balanced measure the brute can do 6 for a non-loss. overwhelming assault isn't very good.
e2: I do think cragheart is probably the strongest starting class though

misguided rage fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Feb 20, 2018

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
A level 1 brute, if using an boots, can do up to up to 8 damage in one hit.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Brute gets a lot of access to movement and lossless damage as he goes up levels - level 4 gives him 5 damage + xp for a non-loss and by that point you should have the items to be able to splash that onto a second target, add +1, add stun, and whatever else. Level 2 lets him outright delete a normal monster which by its nature is effectively a scaling ~9+ attack and a great 'oh gently caress' button if you're going to be in trouble. Plus, their deck's a lot more reliable - I think I remove 4 -1s and add 6 +1s at this point.

I think they're both great classes but they distinctly do different things - the brute is there to skirmish up front, get a bit beat up, and be a focal point as they really hammer a single target. Then the Cragheart tosses a boulder on them.

Warding Strength is crap on its own and I'll probably cut it soon, but you shouldn't be using it on its own. Layer it together with armor and a shield and you can tank pretty solidly. (Note: I am bad at this because I rush in like an idiot and die.)

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...
When I discovered the "attack x, x is how many squares you move" plus the move 4 (or loss 6) card and the boots... yep. I almost one shot a boss because I did 16 damage one one hit with a lucky bless draw. Brutes are nasty.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I forgot but where the Cragheart really shines, imo, is dealing with shielded enemies. We had a lot of trouble with them as Brute/Scoundrel/Mindthief until the Cragheart came along.

million dollar mack
Aug 20, 2006
Larson ain't getting this cow.

Lucas Archer posted:

When I discovered the "attack x, x is how many squares you move" plus the move 4 (or loss 6) card and the boots... yep. I almost one shot a boss because I did 16 damage one one hit with a lucky bless draw. Brutes are nasty.

I went to do this in my last game, move 6 + 2 from boots to chop an Elite at the back of the room who was conveniently standing next to a chest.

And then I drew the loving Null :cripes:

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Alright, so it's been a while since I've assembled an insert, but if you're considering the Daedalus GH quick-start, stop now, it's not loving worth it.

I figured for the $4 difference from the BT one during the holiday sale it would be nice to have the labels and stain, but to start with it took almost exactly 10 weeks for the insert to ship.

Upon arrival, a number of the cuts hadn't fully penetrated the sheet and I've had to rescore quite a few of them by hand with a knife and a straight edge simply to punch them out cleanly.

In addition, virtually every joint has been marginally wider than the actual cutout, so once again, expect to spend hours upon hours shaving or sanding down every individual joint until it actually fits as intended.

A minor quibble, but those nice, clean labels you see in the photos? Yeah, some of those are cut too shallowly as well, so they're not easily legible against the stain.

If for whatever reason you're still continuing with this, I highly recommend dry-fitting every piece at least twice before glue ever enters the picture. Keep a mallet, a wedge/block & piece of something soft and dense on hand for getting in tight spots and making those joints actually snap together, and I hope you also have a good set of paring chisels or something equivalent for reworking the joints.

As I said above, it's been a while since I've assembled another insert, but I can't ever recall one that's required this investment in time and tools simply to fit together. It's perfectly functional for me at this point, but if I hadn't sunk as much time as I have into this project already, I'd seriously consider returning it.

edit: just for reference, I think I put close to 6 hours into shaving down/cleaning out each of the dozens of joints on section "Q" before I had it at a point where I could actually dry-fit the whole thing, disassemble it and start gluing from step 1. That was the worst of the 17 sections though. Oh, there were also some knots/cracks on one side of the ply that I had to fill in with putty, etc.

Hauki fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Feb 21, 2018

Ivan Dolvich
Oct 14, 2004

Shit bag. I use all ammunition for weapon

Max Peck posted:

Thanks for the replies. I was thinking of the level 3 mindthief card silent scream but it looks same as Sweeping Blow, with the large text Push. I guess in the case of Warding Strength, where the text is smaller, that would only be able to do the +1?

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

Hauki posted:

Alright, so it's been a while since I've assembled an insert, but if you're considering the Daedalus GH quick-start, stop now, it's not loving worth it.

I figured for the $4 difference from the BT one during the holiday sale it would be nice to have the labels and stain, but to start with it took almost exactly 10 weeks for the insert to ship.

Upon arrival, a number of the cuts hadn't fully penetrated the sheet and I've had to rescore quite a few of them by hand with a knife and a straight edge simply to punch them out cleanly.

In addition, virtually every joint has been marginally wider than the actual cutout, so once again, expect to spend hours upon hours shaving or sanding down every individual joint until it actually fits as intended.

A minor quibble, but those nice, clean labels you see in the photos? Yeah, some of those are cut too shallowly as well, so they're not easily legible against the stain.

If for whatever reason you're still continuing with this, I highly recommend dry-fitting every piece at least twice before glue ever enters the picture. Keep a mallet, a wedge/block & piece of something soft and dense on hand for getting in tight spots and making those joints actually snap together, and I hope you also have a good set of paring chisels or something equivalent for reworking the joints.

As I said above, it's been a while since I've assembled another insert, but I can't ever recall one that's required this investment in time and tools simply to fit together. It's perfectly functional for me at this point, but if I hadn't sunk as much time as I have into this project already, I'd seriously consider returning it.

edit: just for reference, I think I put close to 6 hours into shaving down/cleaning out each of the dozens of joints on section "Q" before I had it at a point where I could actually dry-fit the whole thing, disassemble it and start gluing from step 1. That was the worst of the 17 sections though. Oh, there were also some knots/cracks on one side of the ply that I had to fill in with putty, etc.

Alternate take: I got this as a secret santa gift and only had to sand down one tiny bit of one piece. I had no other quality issues. The only tricky bits to assemble were the boxes that hold the character cards. This was the first insert I've put together, and really the first even remotely wood-working project that I've ever done.

I do have the same complaint regarding the etching being difficult to read with the stain. I might try to figure out some solution for that, maybe a silver or gold fine-tipped sharpie.

Also you'll still need (want) a file folder for the map pieces. *Technically* they can fit in the box, but why create more stress.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Big McHuge posted:

Alternate take: I got this as a secret santa gift and only had to sand down one tiny bit of one piece. I had no other quality issues. The only tricky bits to assemble were the boxes that hold the character cards. This was the first insert I've put together, and really the first even remotely wood-working project that I've ever done.

I do have the same complaint regarding the etching being difficult to read with the stain. I might try to figure out some solution for that, maybe a silver or gold fine-tipped sharpie.

Also you'll still need (want) a file folder for the map pieces. *Technically* they can fit in the box, but why create more stress.

That's... good to hear actually? I mean, I'm glad not everyone's going through this poo poo in exchange for their $80-90 or whatever and frankly I was relatively happy with it until I hit the last few sections and realized just how much time I'd sunk into trying to fix it. This was probably the eighth or so insert I've put together all told; luckily my grandfather was a pretty serious woodworker/luthier, so I happened to have some decent tools on hand and a tiny bit of experience in order to rework it all. I definitely wouldn't want anyone to stumble into that unsuspecting though, and I'll probably fire off an e-mail with some pictures to Ben when I get a chance.

El_Molestadore
Apr 2, 2005

Time to die hero
Speaking of inserts, I got the TowerRex one from Etsy last week and I'm really happy with it. A lot cheaper than the popular ones for someone in the frozen wastelands of Norway, excellent instructions, very easy to fit together, absolutely no glue needed and it does the job.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Update: Our cragheart felt extremely big and strong clearing out clouds of oozes in scenario 53. Unfortunately I mistook the gothic-rear end d for a gothic-rear end a instead and opened the rooms in the wrong order, but we wiped out that room so fast that we shrugged and just treated it as having gotten the chest properly anyways.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Eclipse spoilers: The first class I rushed to retire because they were so overpowered as to make the game boring. Once you achieve level 6 and get access to both a normal non-loss enemy kill card and an elite non-loss enemy kill card, the game just becomes a matter of drinking potions in order to murder things the second they get into range. Played scenario 82 and got attacked twice in the entire scenario.

Maybe with more players it's different but with 2 players Nightshroud is just completely absurd.

Autodrop Monteur
Nov 14, 2011

't zou verboden moeten worden!

thespaceinvader posted:

3 spears: Yup, 3 spears has several ways of having inifinite turns. Mostly they're not terribly useful because you either need a very lucky combination of allies and ally actions available, or the monsters to be very forgiving. But there are some occasions where he can just wander gently through the scenario looting everything before finally triggering the end condtion. 3 spears is fun.

Had my first go with Three Spears last weekend. As you said, it's not useful to do the infinite loop every round, but it sure felt good not having to rest a single round (some luck with drawing item refresh cards during attacks), not even a short rest. Only ended up having to lose one card due to an unfortunate critical hit.

MikeCrotch posted:

Eclipse spoilers: The first class I rushed to retire because they were so overpowered as to make the game boring. Once you achieve level 6 and get access to both a normal non-loss enemy kill card and an elite non-loss enemy kill card, the game just becomes a matter of drinking potions in order to murder things the second they get into range. Played scenario 82 and got attacked twice in the entire scenario.

Maybe with more players it's different but with 2 players Nightshroud is just completely absurd.

My friend playing Eclipse had a field day with that in scenario 81. Light and Dark elements are created at the start of every turn, resulting in a pretty drat easy scenario run. We were playing a group of three that scenario though.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Stelas posted:

Update: Our cragheart felt extremely big and strong clearing out clouds of oozes in scenario 53. Unfortunately I mistook the gothic-rear end d for a gothic-rear end a instead and opened the rooms in the wrong order, but we wiped out that room so fast that we shrugged and just treated it as having gotten the chest properly anyways.

Hey, there was a skeleton and living spirit or two in there. Value! But yes, Unstable Upheaval and Explosive Punch are bonkers when things line up, and hurling my own obstacle in there before punching it was the best moment I have had on this class so far.

53 is much less annoying than the previous scenario and does not feel like it breaks any rules, nor misses the point of Gloomhaven so it was a lot more enjoyable. My hopes are restored for the final part of the chain!

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

MG42 posted:

My friend playing Eclipse had a field day with that in scenario 81. Light and Dark elements are created at the start of every turn, resulting in a pretty drat easy scenario run. We were playing a group of three that scenario though.

I played the same scenario but before level 6, I still got a huge amount of mileage out of the normal enemy instakill though. Plus the invisibility combo just completely melts bosses.

Servoret
Nov 8, 2009

Luceid posted:

53 is much less annoying than the previous scenario and does not feel like it breaks any rules, nor misses the point of Gloomhaven so it was a lot more enjoyable. My hopes are restored for the final part of the chain!

Good luck. My party cruised through the final part to the point where I was worried that we were cheating somehow.

Blankspot
Aug 23, 2007
Would you kindly...

Does anyone have any experience with requesting replacement parts for the game? While punching out boards one of mine seemed to have little adhesive which isn't that big of a deal to wait for. I was sent two Cragheart envelopes and no Brute envelope though. Luckily the group I am going to be playing with don't seem that interested in playing him immediately but was wondering if I might be waiting months for the pieces. Filled out the form on the official site and got a confirmation email that I filled it out but that is all so far.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Blankspot posted:

Does anyone have any experience with requesting replacement parts for the game? While punching out boards one of mine seemed to have little adhesive which isn't that big of a deal to wait for. I was sent two Cragheart envelopes and no Brute envelope though. Luckily the group I am going to be playing with don't seem that interested in playing him immediately but was wondering if I might be waiting months for the pieces. Filled out the form on the official site and got a confirmation email that I filled it out but that is all so far.

back during the kickstarter cepholafair said that they would replace poo poo no questions asked if you emailed them when people were having issues with the punch boards coming apart

Blankspot
Aug 23, 2007
Would you kindly...

Thanks. I will wait another week and see if they send me a shipping confirmation or anything on the replacement parts. If not will try the direct email route.
Finally get to maybe play this Friday.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I had a summon token come apart this weekend. I was just going to glue it back together, but if more starts to deteriorate I'll send them an email.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
What kind of glue should I use for split cardboard? One of my bandit archers lost the top printed layer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Video Games 0069
Jan 1, 2006

nice dolphin, nigga

Blankspot posted:

I requested a replacement for a sticker sheet that got smushed in transit, and I received it within a couple weeks. Pretty painless.

Is anyone using custom stands for monsters, specifically ones with damage dials? I was wondering whether those help save time and how readable they are.