Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

True but before that he's pretty drat reasonable. He doesn't go on murder sprees and he puts all of his effort into getting as many people (or Neo Tuffles) as he can into New Tuffle. Hell, he was ready to throw a loving parade before Uub showed up.

“He murders his own people” was literally just in the statement you quoted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Calaveron posted:

Always been curious why they localized Tenshinhan's name as just Tien

They say "Tenshinhan" sometimes in the dub, I'm pretty sure it just comes down to "Tien" being simpler to say.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I still only type Krillin for your convenience, it's Kuririn and he does the Kienzan and he's married to a realdoll. :colbert:

edit: and it's also Tenshinhan, he does the Kikoho and he's married to Chaoz who's a weird ghost clown dwarf.

Personal_Nirvana
Dec 28, 2012
GT at least has something in its favour: GT's SSJ4 is miles better than any recolour in Super.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Personal_Nirvana posted:

GT at least has something in its favour: GT's SSJ4 is miles better than any recolour in Super.

No

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Funky Valentine posted:

They say "Tenshinhan" sometimes in the dub, I'm pretty sure it just comes down to "Tien" being simpler to say.

They say Tien Shinhan in the dub, tbf.

e: ^^ lol at people thinking SSJ4 looks better than the baller af SSB

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

It's shameful people have now backlashed against Super so hard they feel safe in posting nice things about GT. What a sorry state of affairs.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Personal_Nirvana posted:

Yes in that just changing hair color again and again is so lazy. SS4 was a new design and something! At least with UI his hair is slightly different.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
get this, super owns

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
SSJ4 looks like rear end and will always be rear end.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
SSB is cool, especially with the aura and added Kaioken. UI is eh, but it makes up for it by being the first actual transformation to mean anything other than "gets stronger". SSJ4 I actually don't mind, it automatically distinguished itself from the other forms and it makes sense thematically. Out of everything in GT it's probably the best executed idea.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Nah looking like a deviantart fan design and calling all your attacks 'times one hundred' whilst having no visual impact is actually really cool

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Ss4 doesn’t come close to UI sorry nerds

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
SS4 no longer having the awful pants helps a lot, but it still looks worse than all the forms Super has given us.

Edit: also the God forms were supposed to be about controlling huge amounts of power without letting it fly out needlessly, but lately they've really seem to have forgotten that since it apparently tires you out anyway

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Shindragon posted:

SSJ4 looks like rear end and will always be rear end.

Nah

Anyways, here's more cute Gine

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I’d probably hate SSJ4 less if it wasn’t called SSJ4 and had its own name the way UI does or SSG does

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

It looks like poo poo

Personal_Nirvana
Dec 28, 2012
You cant be serious when fanart goku is a thing that exist and (so far) the pinacle of a sayan. Like, Super is cool and the best we could've hoped for given the rotating staff and timeslot, but the sayans transformations are really nothing special.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Hjalmar posted:

Buu may have slept through most of Super, but during the lead-up to the ToP he got two good fights, both of which he won. Super also paints a great picture of his home life with Mr. Satan. They are boyfriends and they love each other very much.

All in all, I am satisfied by Buu's representation in DBS. He did about as well as Yamcha and better than Tien.

Buu saying that if he won the MVP award he'd give the wish for the Super Dragon Balls to Mr. Satan was the sweetest thing ever. :3:

Also, I still wish Buu got in instead of Freeza or Tien. It could have led to Buu winning because he's so hard to eliminate. He'd then give his wish to Mr. Satan, who uses it to wish back the deleted universe and become the multiversal hero and gives the Zenos a lecture on how every life is precious. The show ends as people across the multiverse shout All Hail Satan.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/965707599135027201

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

SSJ4 is the most 90s looking thing ever and for that reason alone it should be stuffed in a locker

I like the idea that the only way that Goku and Vegeta could get stronger was by entering the realm of gods, so mastering their energy. I think in ROF Vegeta says something to the effect that they were almost at their natural limits of their power. SSG and SSB are about perfect energy control, which explains why the two can't even move when they train inside Whis's staff. it's a clear progression from SSB to UI, and that makes it a lot easier to stomach the recolors of SSJ

it's a hell of a lot better than "let me turn Super Saiyan while i'm also a giant monkey and figure out how to control that because of ???"

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
That’s pretty funny how they are rolling with it haha

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Carlosologist posted:

SSJ4 is the most 90s looking thing ever and for that reason alone it should be stuffed in a locker

I like the idea that the only way that Goku and Vegeta could get stronger was by entering the realm of gods, so mastering their energy. I think in ROF Vegeta says something to the effect that they were almost at their natural limits of their power. SSG and SSB are about perfect energy control, which explains why the two can't even move when they train inside Whis's staff. it's a clear progression from SSB to UI, and that makes it a lot easier to stomach the recolors of SSJ

it's a hell of a lot better than "let me turn Super Saiyan while i'm also a giant monkey and figure out how to control that because of ???"

The things I like about Super Saiyan 4 are that it makes a call back to the Monkey King-inspired design of Saiyans and reaching it requires their tails and ability to become a great ape.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

amigolupus posted:

Buu saying that if he won the MVP award he'd give the wish for the Super Dragon Balls to Mr. Satan was the sweetest thing ever. :3:

Also, I still wish Buu got in instead of Freeza or Tien. It could have led to Buu winning because he's so hard to eliminate. He'd then give his wish to Mr. Satan, who uses it to wish back the deleted universe and become the multiversal hero and gives the Zenos a lecture on how every life is precious. The show ends as people across the multiverse shout All Hail Satan.

This is the ending I wish.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Burkion posted:

I

THINK they're canon?

That one old dude in the helmet from the Tournament of Power was a Tuffle

When did we find this out?

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I can understand not being a fan of God and Blue since those are effectively just recolours, but on the other hand SSj4 always looked overdesigned to hell and back to me. Like, is the red fur really so important Vegeta has to absorb his shirt when transforming and eject it back onto his torso when going back to normal?

Ultra Instinct -Sign- or whatever it's called nowadays, is the bees knees and I won't hear anything bad about it. It's one of those things where simplicity really works, I think, and I feel going full on hair colour change with Goku Blanco hurts it more than it helps. At least it keeps the first form's slightly not but very spiky hair I guess?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
UI is underdesigned, SSJ4 is overdesigned, I think they are both flawed from a visual perspective, but UI makes up for it by actually having a concept behind it and to be fair, so does SSJ4 - despite UI being a LOT more interesting.

What I'm saying is it took me ten years to figure out the difference between SSJ and SSJ2, it looks the same, gently caress.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

dr.acula posted:

When did we find this out?

They said it in a magazine somewhere, it never came up in the show. I think all three of those guys were supposed to be GT references?

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

Justin_Brett posted:

They said it in a magazine somewhere, it never came up in the show. I think all three of those guys were supposed to be GT references?

Yeah the big guy kinda looked like General Rildo. You know. Rildo. Everyone's favorite villain.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Dias posted:

What I'm saying is it took me ten years to figure out the difference between SSJ and SSJ2, it looks the same, gently caress.

I think the difference is the electricity, but then they stopped drawing the electricity after a while.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Evil Canadian posted:

I think the difference is the electricity, but then they stopped drawing the electricity after a while.

I mean when everyone can hit ssj2, it's not really special enough to draw attention to.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

hello from november

Jonah Galtberg posted:

Whis' hair is silver

Goku's hair turns partially silver when using his incomplete UI

coincidence??????????

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Jonah Galtberg posted:

hello from november

Nice one

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I don't really understand the claims about SSJ4 being over designed when effectively is just an anthropomorphic monkey with barbarian-like hair. The hair itself is subdued for standard anime fare.

The clothes aren't that over designed either, Goku GT's outfit is just his usual gi with no accessories beyond the belt and wristbands (unlike Zeno's Goku Senzu Bean bag and weird skirt thing) while Vegeta only trades it for a pair of jeans and gloves.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Jonah Galtberg posted:

hello from november

You son of a bitch :golfclap:

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

It would be great if Freeza wins as sole survivor while being not merely unconscious, but instead in a dozen pieces but still alive like at the start of Resurrection F.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Once again Toyotaro fucks up the Super Manga, unceremoniously bumps off multiversal hero Katopesla.

Katopesla was cool as poo poo and one of the few people who they even pretended was half a match for Goku or Vegeta but I'm 100% okay with him being knocked off quickly as long as we don't spend entire episodes focused on people who we finish the episode by revealing they weren't even enough of a threat to make Goku or Vegeta put in any effort.

Somehow we had dozens of those episodes but Katopesla was sleeper strong in this tournament and he didn't even get an episode, so you can't even argue the manga is treating him any worse other then him being weaker.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I like the ToP and I could not even begin to tell you who that is. I thought Ketopesla was that one guy made of water.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Momomo posted:

I like the ToP and I could not even begin to tell you who that is. I thought Ketopesla was that one guy made of water.

He's the Kamen Rider dude who survived to near the end and went toe to toe with SSJ Vegeta for a little while

He also kept trying to fight Vegeta and Freeza through out the tournament.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

So much for the notion the manga will flesh out the tournament fighters better than the anime. It’ll probably be super abridged and write most of them out really quickly.