Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Oh hell yeah.

But what's up with that shield booster situation? One of them needs to be different, dammit :mad:

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Feb 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

This build taught me that vallejo polished gold game colour is definitely not the same as vallejo polished gold game air.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
A person on twitter has an idea for a future application of the SD gundam internal frame technology

https://twitter.com/SESKOU/status/966952834557030401

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Man, y’all weren’t kidding about enamel paint eating gunpla. I got lazy with my future coating and did just the outside of the limbs (all assembled). A bit of the wash ran into the inside of one of the legs and some of the plastic totally disintegrated. Luckily, it’s not gonna ruin the kit, but drat. Will not be lazy in the future.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

EVGA Longoria posted:

Man, y’all weren’t kidding about enamel paint eating gunpla. I got lazy with my future coating and did just the outside of the limbs (all assembled). A bit of the wash ran into the inside of one of the legs and some of the plastic totally disintegrated. Luckily, it’s not gonna ruin the kit, but drat. Will not be lazy in the future.

Going to be less lazy in the future when using future.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I made an extremely unexpected discovery at a Half Price Books today

They had a few more, including a 1/60th Char's Gelgoog

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

EVGA Longoria posted:

Enamel and PS plastic are a tricky affair. This has also happened to me with tamiya kits.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

More SDCS kits shown:

https://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2018/02/sd-cross-silhouette-gunpla-lineup.html

So we've got OG, Crossbones, Nightingale, Zeta, Freedom, Efreet, and Zaku II so far. Seems they will all come with the current SD-style frame, but you can swap to a Cross Silhouette frame for longer limbs that make the kids look better. OG also has the option to buy one.

Not gonna lie, I'm pretty excited for these.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
So the CS frame is a separate upgrade right? (along with a GM head to convert the OG Gundam)

I agree, this is cool, Gunpla is indeed freedom! They should update the Star Winning Gundam though.

Since Bandai suddenly seem to have noticed the GN-X is awesome I'm hoping for a CS of it.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Oh god, Efreet Custom was my Main Guy in Capsule Fighter (with EXAM on you could just plow through dudes with his swords), I need that so badly.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

BizarroAzrael posted:

So the CS frame is a separate upgrade right? (along with a GM head to convert the OG Gundam)

I agree, this is cool, Gunpla is indeed freedom! They should update the Star Winning Gundam though.

Since Bandai suddenly seem to have noticed the GN-X is awesome I'm hoping for a CS of it.

Yeah, the new kits will come with a basic frame, the armor for it, and (presumably) armor that fits the CS frame.

There will also be a release of the RX-78-2 that comes with the CS frame instead of the basic frame. And there's a stand-alone CS frame w/ the GM head.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I really want to build a diorama of that new SD Nightingale standing on top of a pile of GM heads

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

EVGA Longoria posted:

Yeah, the new kits will come with a basic frame, the armor for it, and (presumably) armor that fits the CS frame.

I don't think the CS frame calls for extra parts, looking at it the exterior bicep and thigh armour are part of it. It sounded like they mean to do other colours of frame.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

:stare: looks like the cross silhouettes are going to be really, really good.

Exploded view too.

EVGA Longoria fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Feb 24, 2018

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Definitely looking forward to seeing how well they connect and scale with HG and MG parts.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I keep almost clicking the pre order button for the deep striker. Send help.

YamataNoOrochi
Oct 24, 2005

Monaghan posted:

It's much easier to resist as someone who bought the Mechanicore one. I know that doesn't actually help at all.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

YamataNoOrochi posted:

It's much easier to resist as someone who bought the Mechanicore one. I know that doesn't actually help at all.

I disagree.

The mechanicore one exists as a hyper complex, super stylized monster machine with the same core stylings. But the Bandai one is gloriously lineart accurate.

Over a long enough timeline, I will have both. Someday.

YamataNoOrochi
Oct 24, 2005

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I disagree.

The mechanicore one exists as a hyper complex, super stylized monster machine with the same core stylings. But the Bandai one is gloriously lineart accurate.

Over a long enough timeline, I will have both. Someday.

It's more a matter of barely even having room to properly display the Mechanicore one. I don't even know where to start if I had to find a place to put a second kit of similar size.

Edit: This is part of the reason my ZIEGLER is still unassembled.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So I've finally dipped my foot into Master Grades. Bought myself a Victory 2 Ver.Ka. Already finished the Core Fighter, pretty fun build process so far.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Arcsquad12 posted:

So I've finally dipped my foot into Master Grades. Bought myself a Victory 2 Ver.Ka. Already finished the Core Fighter, pretty fun build process so far.

That one is on my list, despite never seeing the show it's from. It just looks cool. Even if it has no neck.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

EVGA Longoria posted:

That one is on my list, despite never seeing the show it's from. It just looks cool. Even if it has no neck.

It has a neck. It just also has an incredibly high collar that gives it that sunken in Space Marine head vibe.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

Monaghan posted:

Only thing stopping me is the unknown shipping price

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

EVGA Longoria posted:

Watch... the shows these kits are from? I don't understand.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Monaghan posted:

Do it, I did it the moment it was available

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
For a transforming suit this build is actually really solid feeling. It has pretty much no waist swivel or ab crunch but I'd take that over the wobbly rear end sinanju.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Feb 25, 2018

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Don't believe it. I thought it was solid too, until a fall from a stand to the counter the stand was on shattered the hip. It's the old man Gundam.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I will concede that the waist section definitely felt a bit old school for a 2015 kit. Ball and socket legs and ball joint skirts are a throwback when I've been so used to the awesome high grade polycap legs and peg skirts.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

StrixNebulosa posted:

Watch... the shows these kits are from? I don't understand.

I've never seen Victory Gundam. It's on the list with a bunch of other shows. I've only just watched the Zeta movies for the first time.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

EVGA Longoria posted:

I've never seen Victory Gundam. It's on the list with a bunch of other shows. I've only just watched the Zeta movies for the first time.

I think she was making a joke :v:

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

I decided to watch some gundam cartoons to see if I could spot my gundam models in them. The show is about a guy named Chaz who flies around with a jetpack and in the second season he rips the sleeves off all his jackets.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Neurolimal posted:

I think she was making a joke :v:

Oh. Woosh me, I guess.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

EVGA Longoria posted:

watched the Zeta movies

See here's your first mistake.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Droyer posted:

See here's your first mistake.

Does the TV series make any sense? Cause the movies sure as poo poo don't.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
The movies are basically the TV series, just edited down into movie-length films. So yeah a lot of stuff is going to be missing.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

The MSG movies turn a classic show into 3 pretty decent movies.
The Zeta movies turn a great show into lots of things happening on screen that isn't very easy to follow.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Neurolimal posted:

The movies are basically the TV series, just edited down into movie-length films. So yeah a lot of stuff is going to be missing.

It also really assumes that you've seen the show already. Like, it skips the scene where Kamille and Jerid meet. The thing that sets up all of Kamille's development over the course of the whole story. There's a quick flashback to it later on in the first movie after the story has gotten going, but if you haven't seen the show before that's really not enough

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Neurolimal posted:

Yeah, I'd read they were the definitive version, and the MSG movies were good.

I'll give the TV series a try and see.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Zedd posted:

The MSG movies turn a classic show into 3 pretty decent movies.
The Zeta movies turn a great show into lots of things happening on screen that isn't very easy to follow.

I'd argue the MSG movies turn a classic show with a lot of budget and pacing issues into three pretty good films that are largely improved from the source material, where the only thing noticeably missing is the first two thirds of Winds of War. They're worth watching over MSG itself, IMO.

Unlike the MSG movies, the Zeta movies are bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
The Zeta movies cut out a bunch of super important events that are absolutely integral to the story. TV Zeta still does the Tomino thing where towards the end the narrator goes "we join our heroes in the middle of a thing that happened between episodes" and you're just supposed to keep up, but the Zeta movies are that all of the time. The updated animation is neat but not worth the price. In the tv show Amuro does some rad plane stunts and someone goes "holy poo poo thats a wild dude" in the movie they show every character explaining what he's doing to make sure you understand that what he is doing is crazy.

MSG movies over TV, TV Zeta over movies.