Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Shut uuuppppppp Zenoh shuuuuuut uppppppppppppppp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The thought of SSJ4 Goku training with SSGSSKayokenx20UIM Goku is kinda bit fitting and scary at the same time. Let me guess though. SSJ4 is equal to SSGSS and SSJ5 is equal to UI Mastered.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Calaveron posted:

Please leave

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Gatts posted:

The thought of SSJ4 Goku training with SSGSSKayokenx20UIM Goku is kinda bit fitting and scary at the same time. Let me guess though. SSJ4 is equal to SSGSS and SSJ5 is equal to UI Mastered.

I assume if DB heroes does SSB, they probably put it on equal footing witb SSJ4

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
No one knows what to do with Tien because his unique aspects are all gone. At least Yamcha has some uniqueness

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Calaveron posted:

I mean I’m not exactly a big fan of these Ribrianne episodes

For a character with that much screentime they really made her suck, so I can't blame you.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Tien has been worthless since he lost his position of "hotshit rival to Goku" to Piccolo.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

you just have tien do ip-man poo poo in his fight choreography, thats what they did in fighterz.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Tien fights with pokes (Crane Style), created solar flare, first to fly, Dodon Ray, Tri Beam, can shout at beams to reflect them, multi-form technique, volleyball technique.

All of them got copied or forgotten about except Tri Beam it seems since even the Volleyball Technique got copied by Gotenks who shouldn't have even known about it.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Kild posted:

Tien fights with pokes (Crane Style), created solar flare, first to fly, Dodon Ray, Tri Beam, can shout at beams to reflect them, multi-form technique, volleyball technique.

All of them got copied or forgotten about except Tri Beam it seems since even the Volleyball Technique got copied by Gotenks who shouldn't have even known about it.
Didn't he also gain extra limbs at one point?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Gatts posted:

It's weird. Until now, everything said that Blue was stronger than SS4. Extreme Butoden points out Blue is the strongest Super Saiyan, and that's a game with all three GT SS4s (and I think it added SS4 Gohan later, even). Both Xenoverse and Fusions have Goku and Vegeta take Blue after 4 in their respective "all forms" challenges.

Hell, Extreme Butoden goes a step farther and says God is overwhelmingly more powerful than SS4, considering a post-GT Goku has to get it to actually be able to beat the bad guys in that story mode.

It's really weird to see Heroes now apparently putting Blue and 4 at the same level, after everything previous did the exact opposite.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

That's because it's arbitrary. :ssh:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Steve2911 posted:

That's because it's arbitrary. :ssh:

:monocle:

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Yeah and eventually they're gonna put 4 on the same level as UI and Vegeta's new form, just like the openings have shown Blue fighting Fusion Zamasu and why turning Super Saiyan 3 was ever supposed to be impressive in that game.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/fuboTVsoccer/status/967851555729956865

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Calaveron posted:

mods??

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

wah

Rand Brittain posted:

The main problem isn't really that Tien has been outclassed; it's that he's been outclassed and they keep making him and Yamcha show up again instead of letting them start a dojo and retire with dignity.

Their existence must be really depressing. Even a dojo would feel like a pointless, futile thing with the knowledge and experiences they've been burdened with.

stev fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Feb 25, 2018

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
The main problem isn't really that Tien has been outclassed; it's that he's been outclassed and they keep making him and Yamcha show up again instead of letting them start a dojo and retire with dignity.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Goku's Whis gi looks a whole lot better with the blue undershirt

the half-hip guards on Vegeta's whis gi look stupid though

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Rand Brittain posted:

Tenshinhan opened a dojo. That wasn't enough to keep him from getting humilliated now.

Yamcha doesn't need a dojo, he needs a sports school.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

And poor Chiaotzu is even less of a character than Tien and isn't even noticeable enough to be a joke like Yamcha.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Tien is good in Fighterz. Instant Tri Beam bitches.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Tien opened a dojo and they made a deliberate effort to show that it sucked and he does, too.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

sassassin posted:

Tien opened a dojo and they made a deliberate effort to show that it sucked and he does, too.

good

Wellwinds
Mar 20, 2010

Kashuno posted:

At least Yamcha has some uniqueness

Goku'll fix that soon enough if he didn't already by stealing the spirit ball and actually hurting someone with it

e: and going by blanco in the game freeza's next lol

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

SSJ4 Xeno Goku :allears:

And hey

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

Didn't he also gain extra limbs at one point?

Yeah but I think that's just an aspect of multiform technique? I could be wrong though.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

And poor Chiaotzu is even less of a character than Tien and isn't even noticeable enough to be a joke like Yamcha.

Still ended up better than Puar or Oolong.

Or Launch.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

The dojo seemed fine for me? And I thought Tien becoming a teacher was a good fit for him.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

What on earth is super dragon ball heroes anyway

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

i wonder if those capsule corp outfits for goku and vegeta are just a DBH thing or if we're seeing the first bits of post-ToP dragonball there. i like Goku's look a lot in it, blends the good parts of his classic and Whis outfits

Ramadu posted:

japanese arcade game that uses NFC-enabled trading cards to play. filled with weird what-if stuff like SSJ4 Broly and Super 17 absorbing 18 and 16 and Cell and whatever

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Ramadu posted:

Some kinda scam that these Japanese conglomerate types run on the kids and the otakus.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Ramadu posted:

The one true canon.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Heroes is where all your fanfic wishes come true.

SS3 Raditz? SS4 Broly? SS Nappa? King Vegeta doing something? All there.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

dragon ball heroes exists in GT canon, whereas dragon ball xenoverse exists in Super canon

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

The dojo seemed fine for me? And I thought Tien becoming a teacher was a good fit for him.

None of those dumb bastards can use ki. They're still amazed at the sight of it.

What is Tien teaching them?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Hjalmar posted:

dragon ball heroes exists in GT canon, whereas dragon ball xenoverse exists in Super canon

You know, I never understood where did the Xeno versions of the characters come from. According to the wiki there's a story bit where Trunks confuses Bardock for Xeno Bardock leading to a fight between the two.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm bored and entertaining myself by talking poo poo about Broly in the DBFZ Discord. Currently someone is trying to tell me Broly is actually, like, super deep, while at the same time telling me Saiyans aren't supposed to be about feelings or complexity.

I love the DBZ community.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Broly has basically no depth, but is still pretty cool just because of how he looks