Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Broly has basically no depth, but is still pretty cool just because of how he looks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Broly is the perfect antithesis of Goku. Both are brain-damaged manchildren with raging fighting boners.

Broly is what Goku would have become if he hadn't had martial arts and hot sexy women in his life.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I just like Broly for being an near-unstoppable tank, and it sucks that he has no interesting character traits to go with it.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

I just like Broly for being an near-unstoppable tank, and it sucks that he has no interesting character traits to go with it.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I like how Blanco is now the unofficial name for the transformation superseding the official name of it.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Broly is what Goku would have become if he hadn't had martial arts and hot sexy women in his life.

Goku would not have had a maximum power level without training.

And he would have needed a father who was a scientist to be like Broly.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

sassassin posted:

Pretty sure it's the sexy girls.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Broly is a character that benefits greatly from supplementary material, since all he has to do is be a big obstacle to overcome, or just have a super disrespectful fighting style. It's when Broly is the main focus that he's actively bad, since that's literally all he is.

sassassin posted:

He did have a scientist father :colbert:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So like the super dragonballs can grant one wish, and every single member of u7 wants a different wish so things are gonna get messy huh

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Calaveron posted:

So like the super dragonballs can grant one wish, and every single member of u7 wants a different wish so things are gonna get messy huh

No because if they wanted the wish maybe they should t get knocked out!!

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Momomo posted:

Broly is a character that benefits greatly from supplementary material, since all he has to do is be a big obstacle to overcome, or just have a super disrespectful fighting style. It's when Broly is the main focus that he's actively bad, since that's literally all he is.

He's a guy who's backstory is hating Goku a whole bunch, only there's already far more interesting guys around who have actual personalities and a hundred times more legitimate reasons for hating him.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I see Broly being a manager at best

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013
Bulma's new VA.
And Vegeta doing house chores.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crJgT7XgJYM

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Captain Quack posted:

Bulma's new VA.

Oh good I didn't think we were getting a new episode this week

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Squallege posted:

Oh good I didn't think we were getting a new episode this week

It looks too nice to be a new episode.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Captain Quack posted:

Bulma's new VA.

Oh cool, that one also comes in Frieza/Grape flavour!

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Is preordering a cleaning spray a normal thing in Japan?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

controversial hottake: the black arc would have been better if it somehow ended with goku forcing black to be zen-ohs new best friend instead of future zen-oh

imagine how fun the tournament of power would be with him commentating

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Sailor Mercury Bulma sounds p good

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Captain Quack posted:

Bulma's new VA.

She sounds pretty great already. And I wonder if the pink and black stains were supposed to be a reference to Goku Black and that's why Vegeta finished it off with a Final Flash? :v:

Stairmaster posted:

controversial hottake: the black arc would have been better if it somehow ended with goku forcing black to be zen-ohs new best friend instead of future zen-oh

imagine how fun the tournament of power would be with him commentating

I mean, considering how Goku asking for this tournament to happen caused NINGENS and their universes to be deleted, it would only make Zamasu the happiest fucker to ever commentate.

But for real, I always thought the ending to the Goku Black Saga where Zeno erases Future Trunks universe was supposed to be a build up to the stakes in the ToP, and how it's a terrifying thing to happen. But then the writers were quick to sweep that aspect down the rug so the ending to the Goku Black Saga just felt weird and disjointed.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Is it going to be a thing where Kefla would've made a better final enemy than the big buff alien man who skips leg day

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

probably

hell hit vs goku would have been pretty good.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I mean Kefla's a way better design and character(s) (although quiet boring guy in a red and black onesie is super easy to beat) and it feels like the stakes are higher since Goku is directly responsible for them being so strong

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I seriously wonder why they bothered to make a canon Legendary Super Saiyan only to do nothing interesting with her.

Personal_Nirvana
Dec 28, 2012
Problem is, the sayan girls aren't "BAD", so they can't be the endgame of an arc, as interesting as that would've been.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

I seriously wonder why they bothered to make a canon Legendary Super Saiyan only to do nothing interesting with her.

Because a "legendary" super saiyan isn't an interesting concept when there are a dozen other varieties of super saiyan bumming around already. What more could you even do with it except a little in-joke?

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDaRNSJPWfM
Best part is not caring what color he is and just saying to beat him up and fist bumping

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wellwinds posted:

Goku'll fix that soon enough if he didn't already by stealing the spirit ball and actually hurting someone with it

e: and going by blanco in the game freeza's next lol

Squallege posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDaRNSJPWfM
Best part is not caring what color he is and just saying to beat him up and fist bumping

Oh, turns out he already did that.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The TFS Broly movie pretty much sums it up with Vegeta's commentary as he's awe struck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJBgzX2HMe8

"AAAUUUUGGHHH HE'S SO GODDAMN COOL....BUT HE'S SO DUMB!"

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Didn't the writer for Broly's movie say that Broly is (or is supposed to be) stronger than any of the Super characters? I swear I heard he got annoyed by Beerus being stronger than him, at least.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Broly writer is literally his best fan and talks about Broly every time on his twitter

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
So the Kefla/ui Goku fight is the highest of highs huh

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I'm partial to 18's big fight but ya Kefla/Goku is real good.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Calaveron posted:

So the Kefla/ui Goku fight is the highest of highs huh

goku surfs a fuckin' kamehameha

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Were people really clamoring for Ribrianne/U2 people because holy gently caress their joke got old two episodes in

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Calaveron posted:

Were people really clamoring for Ribrianne/U2 people because holy gently caress their joke got old two episodes in
A surprising amount of people actually defended Ribrianne here, yes.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

Like the entire joke should’ve been them still going through the protracted transformation sequence and 17 blasting them except they’d get blown off the arena and it would have been perfect instead of this unending tedious bullshit

Also lmao I just realized Krillin got recruited explicitly for his strategic prowess but dude was both the first to get knocked out and he got knocked out for loving up in the simplest, most obvious way

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

U2 pays off in their final ep imo. Their schtick against the androids, with 17 and 18 playing along is amazing. But the joke def could have been handled better between the two big U2 episodes.

I still liked it but it never hits the highs of those two episodes, and Ribrianne facing off against Vegeta and stuff feels weird in the in between.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

A lot of that defense was "they annoy other people" so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

esperterra posted:

U2 pays off in their final ep imo. Their schtick against the androids, with 17 and 18 playing along is amazing. But the joke def could have been handled better between the two big U2 episodes.

I still liked it but it never hits the highs of those two episodes, and Ribrianne facing off against Vegeta and stuff feels weird in the in between.

Yeah in the end I was ok with Ribrianne/U2 because they were vehicles for 17 and 18 kicking loving rear end

But they were still horrible and obnoxious in a not funny haha intentionally obnoxious way