Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I wonder how frustrating it must be to fight Goku right now.

"Okay, he's strong but.. okay his hair is yellow but I'm still strong.. okay it's spikier yellow, still str... REALLY long yello... red? Blue? Blue AND Red? Black again but his eyes look fun.. oh and now it's silver. Motherfucker."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

ImpAtom posted:

"Okay, he's strong but.. okay his hair is yellow but I'm still strong.. okay it's spikier yellow, still str... REALLY long yello... red? Blue? Blue AND Red? Black again but his eyes look fun.. oh and now it's silver. Motherfucker."

"Oh, now his hairline is receding. Is this the true power of Goku Calvo?"

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Calaveron posted:

I don't know who Fu is but going in that direction Trunks has a pretty good design while this purple boy's design is garish and ugly

He's a character that was planned for but ultimately unused in Online and was now resurrected as a major player in Xenoverse 2's DLC storyline as well as Heroes' current story.

He's the son of Towa and Mira and is changing time to harvest power for who knows what.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

ImpAtom posted:

I think it'd be pretty funny if he had been colour blind all along and never noticed a thing.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Blaze Dragon posted:

He's the son of Towa and Mira

Oh right. Towa and Mira. Those scamps.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Kashuno posted:

The preview made it really clear what's going to happen in 129

Jiren kicks goku's rear end into the ground, then UIM comes out and Jiren is like "gently caress"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBNy6CPtV8g

Wellwinds
Mar 20, 2010

Whis' excitement and pride in goku's development is one of my favorite things this arc

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Whis is excited that someone training under him is getting the point

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I guess this is where Goku actually blows past Beerus in terms of power

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Soon Zen-chans will measure universes by kai-level

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I watched the "Goku hired Hit" two-parter yesterday and there was this moment where Bulma goes to smack Goku and he dodges and they both seem confused about his dodge. Was that moment intended as a foreshadowing to Ultra Instinct?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

grand theft grotto posted:

I watched the "Goku hired Hit" two-parter yesterday and there was this moment where Bulma goes to smack Goku and he dodges and they both seem confused about his dodge. Was that moment intended as a foreshadowing to Ultra Instinct?

I like to think it was

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Wellwinds posted:

Whis' excitement and pride in goku's development is one of my favorite things this arc

During their last battle, he was resigned even before the outcome was known. Now there's a knowing pride. Whis knows how this is gonna go down.

Also that shockwave kick Goku pulls, Jesus Christ ... :swoon:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they spell it out right there. he usually doesn't dodge her intentionally but he's so on edge because of hit that he does this time

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

But wouldn't Goku's instinct to dodge Hit's timeskip punches be a precursor to him unlocking UI anyway? It can be both!

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

I think it was earlier when he first met Beerus and he jumped back when Beerus started fighting back.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Sockser posted:

But wouldn't Goku's instinct to dodge Hit's timeskip punches be a precursor to him unlocking UI anyway? It can be both!

That was just Goku being the only motherfucker to live long enough to figure out Hit's attack patterns.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Wellwinds posted:

Goku is a lot of terrible things and usually awful in any sort of relationship (as a father, as a husband, as a friend...) but he's basically the single best student you could ever get. If you tried to teach him something, he WILL learn it, and in fact, given even a short time he'll be better than you at it.

That he managed to not only learn UI, but surpass Beerus at it who's been learning from Whis for probably centuries if not millenia, is just Goku being Goku. He learned moves from his teachers that said teachers couldn't even use themselves. Goku is the ultimate student even if he's perfectly fine with forgetting to bring his teachers back to life.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Ultra Instinct so far only triggers against overwhelmingly powerful opponents.

So, yes.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

Goku is a lot of terrible things and usually awful in any sort of relationship (as a father, as a husband, as a friend...) but he's basically the single best student you could ever get. If you tried to teach him something, he WILL learn it, and in fact, given even a short time he'll be better than you at it.

That he managed to not only learn UI, but surpass Beerus at it who's been learning from Whis for probably centuries if not millenia, is just Goku being Goku. He learned moves from his teachers that said teachers couldn't even use themselves. Goku is the ultimate student even if he's perfectly fine with forgetting to bring his teachers back to life.

So an Idiot Savant Punch Man then? Or an autist who is more interested in fighting than trains?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

TheKingofSprings posted:

I guess this is where Goku actually blows past Beerus in terms of power

Something I liked is throughout the arc Beerus has grown more and more impressed with the team and is actually starting to respect them individually

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Blaze Dragon posted:

I mean yeah it took decades for Master Roshi to be able to do the Kamehameha but Goku did it just by observing him once

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Zil posted:

So an Idiot Savant Punch Man then? Or an autist who is more interested in fighting than trains?

Monkey See

Money Do

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

"What is a god... TO A NON-BELIEVER?!"

Super Saiyan Yeezus

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Jesus OP, has God Ki without even training

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Kashuno posted:

Manga Jiren owns.

"I will not be responsible for millions of deaths"
"Hmm but what if...you could get your wish"
"I will personally murder millions."

e; I hope Jiren eliminates every single universe himself.

Jiren is going to eliminate all 5 other universes singlehandedly, but then two Kamehamehas is all it takes.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

what if the two kamehamehas are from goku and gohan though

that'd be cool

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
What if the person mentioned in the opening who uses a Kamehameha is Frieza

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Calaveron posted:

Wait, how are people finding fault in how the Zamasu arc ends, it was perfect

:agreed:

Zamasu arc was dope and his turning into several overwhelmingly powerful JRPG villains was beautiful and good and suited him wonderfully.

Black August posted:

Monkey See

Money Do

loving :lol:.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Justin_Brett posted:

Frieza?!?!

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Black August posted:

Monkey See

Money Do

:golfclap:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Unsightly branched-off timeline where Freeza and King Cold do a father-son Death Ball.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Everyone's varying levels of disdain and disgust for Gohan's Great Saiyaman outfit is so good.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Blaze Dragon posted:

He's a character that was planned for but ultimately unused in Online and was now resurrected as a major player in Xenoverse 2's DLC storyline as well as Heroes' current story.

He's the son of Towa and Mira and is changing time to harvest power for who knows what.

the cutscenes for the DLC leaked so now we know what for

to change time and have fun to make people happy he's actually the chillest dude in the multiverse

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

esperterra posted:

Everyone's varying levels of disdain and disgust for Gohan's Great Saiyaman outfit is so good.

From earlier in the thread

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Kashuno posted:

That english Jiren https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeGtKlFlHiM

e; guy sure loves Justice

English Jiren should just be Sabat's All Might voice.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kild posted:

English Jiren should just be Sabat's All Might voice.

Nah

DCAU Superman voice

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Justin_Brett posted:

They should bring back Kuriza and have him and Frieza so a father-son Death Ball.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Burkion posted:

Nah

DCAU Superman voice

George Newbern is already dying from lethal concentrations of Anime from voicing Sephiroth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Burkion posted:

Nah

DCAU Superman voice

Jiren does live in a world made of cardboard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQabrSpKcJw

I always loving loved that superman speech