Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Rhonne posted:

Why does going SSJ4 make you lose your nipples?

Your nipples are where your fur is stored.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The nipples are the true key to Oozaru

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Rhonne posted:

They become the fingertips of your gloves

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I keep daydreaming about a huge budget theatrical film of "Marvel vs DC". It involves all of the superheroes from Marvel and DC universe fighting an ensemble of villains from the universes. As they battle on the villains gradually get the upper hand. Mostly due to Doomsday and Apocalypse.

Then when all hope seems lost, a large explosion occurs. Everyone turns there head as they see nothing but smoke when they hear:

"Ka!....Meh!...A!......Meh!......A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The words of "To be Concluded in Part 2" are on the screen.

*Credits Roll*

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Rhonne posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek9JAeM__Rg

Calaveras
Sep 12, 2012
GT is very bad with its bizarre moralizing (literally an episode about the importance of brushing your teeth and the lame environmentalist subtext of the evil dragons arc)

it features some nice character art (nakatsuru was a good CD), a couple good eps and some cool action but commits the worst crime a dragon ball thing can commit, which is being loving boring

dan dan kokoro is the best OP though

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

punk rebel ecks posted:

I keep daydreaming about a huge budget theatrical film of "Marvel vs DC". It involves all of the superheroes from Marvel and DC universe fighting an ensemble of villains from the universes. As they battle on the villains gradually get the upper hand. Mostly due to Doomsday and Apocalypse.

Then when all hope seems lost, a large explosion occurs. Everyone turns there head as they see nothing but smoke when they hear:

"Ka!....Meh!...A!......Meh!......A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The words of "To be Concluded in Part 2" are on the screen.

*Credits Roll*

This would save western cinema. Or destroy it. Live Action Goku is a dangerous, cursed sword.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Goku's hair is the P=NP problem holding us back from a successful live-action adaptation.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Dias posted:

Goku's hair is the P=NP problem holding us back from a successful live-action adaptation.

Imagine being the poor hairdresser that has to do SSJ trunks.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Dias posted:

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Imagine being the poor hairdresser that has to do SSJ trunks.

Look, just hire Michael B. Jordan. If anyone can pull of Saiyan hair, it'd be him and his dreamy locks. :swoon:

I mean, just look at this man:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
perfect level of arrogance too, he would own

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I like how this looks.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
That's really the only way to do SSJ hair in live action- though obviously with more of a budget for a real movie.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Burkion posted:

Oh Christ

Imagine this

Dragon Ball Evolution

But the main villain is Pilaf

Played by Danny Devito

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

Who would play Mai and Shu?

Dee and Charley.

It's Always Sunny in Satan City - "The Gang wishes themselves young again"

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

amigolupus posted:

Look, just hire Michael B. Jordan. If anyone can pull of Saiyan hair, it'd be him and his dreamy locks. :swoon:

Sorry for the double post, but man, can you imagine the fan reaction to Vegeta being played by Michael B. Jordan? It would worth the cost of a ticket just for that, and then on top of that, he'd do a great job, I'm sure.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

OB_Juan posted:

Sorry for the double post, but man, can you imagine the fan reaction to Vegeta being played by Michael B. Jordan? It would worth the cost of a ticket just for that, and then on top of that, he'd do a great job, I'm sure.

Because he's not Asian?

edit: Or because having the race that turns into giant monkeys be played by black people is a bit dodgy?

sassassin fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Mar 2, 2018

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its honestly human-washing

vegeta is an alien and my feelings? go find a saiyan to play him

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
like you can't tell me there isn't a single saiyan actor that could play the part well. its hosed up is what it is

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Do all asians have tails?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The racial elements of DB(Z especially) are a massive part of its global popularity but they're pretty difficult to translate to live action without blowing up several cans of worms.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
No don't actually make me want another live action Dragonball film what the gently caress

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
here is my only ask for a DB Live action movie

don't try to fix Mr. Popo and don't put him in the movie. he is fundamentally not a fixable character

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Dias posted:

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

sassassin posted:

Because he's not Asian?

edit: Or because having the race that turns into giant monkeys be played by black people is a bit dodgy?

I'm sorry, I said "Fan reaction", I meant "Internet Asshat reaction". I think fans would mostly be happy that Vegeta was being played by someone who could do a good job of it (and that the movie is getting a budget this time).

Internet Asshats like to be angry any time a character they don't perceive as black is played by a black person. I was mainly thinking of MCU's Heimdall here, but that's not the only example. Their outrage entertains me.

I hadn't considered the "Or because having the race that turns into giant monkeys be played by black people is a bit dodgy?" angle. I imagine that would be left out for budget reasons anyway. Besides, not all saiyans even have to be played by actors of the same race.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Isn't it a thing that in the US at least dbz is or was at least when it at first came out way more popular with African American demographics

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I feel like any live action adaption of dbz, even a really faithful one, would be bad by default

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
They get this really buff guy and get Betty White to adr his lines

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Isn't Michael B. Jordan a really big DBZ fan himself?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Calaveron posted:

Isn't it a thing that in the US at least dbz is or was at least when it at first came out way more popular with African American demographics

Everyone loved DBZ

Everyone loves DBZ

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Pureauthor posted:

He's a really big anime fan but mentions DBZ a lot because everyone has heard of it.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Pureauthor posted:

He is.

https://twitter.com/michaelb4jordan/status/966827329434669056

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

amigolupus posted:

"Where the gently caress is Planet Vegeta? Huh? Huh Freeza? Where's my planet at? Freeza! WHERE THE gently caress IS PLANET VEGETA?!"

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

OB_Juan posted:

Lol if they then do frieza and he calls them monkeys.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Lol if they then do frieza and he calls them monkeys.

I mean, it's already supposed to be racist.

Freeza IS racist in canon.

It's not like you're supposed to AGREE with Space Hitler, no matter how much you want to see him Ohohoho to oblivion

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Funky Valentine posted:

"Where the gently caress is Planet Vegeta? Huh? Huh Freeza? Where's my planet at? Freeza! WHERE THE gently caress IS PLANET VEGETA?!"

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
when dragonball comes back it should be a spinoff, and its just the adventures of the Ginyu Force

they are wished back to life and they are reformed, and they go on to make a justice squad, and they occasionally join forces with the Great Saiyaman and the Pride Troopers

i'll take my cash advance and start working on episodes today Toei, thanks for your time

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Live action Mr. Popo.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Calaveron posted:

"Why Black Men Love Dragon Ball Z"

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
come to think of it why didn't they bring popo he's clearly stronger than Tien and probably roshi and krillin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Kashuno posted:

come to think of it why didn't they bring popo he's clearly stronger than Tien and probably roshi and krillin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42MtIsPcgQU