Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
I just finished binge watching Super right in time for a new episode to release and wow, what a rad episode. Vegeta burning the literal clown is so good, and Beerus and Whis being proud of their super son is awesome. I honestly haven't loved the Tournament of Power up till now but this episode was super effective. Toei making the level of speed these guys are going beyond the other character's perception is such a cool way of saving budget I can't even be that upset, although I hope next week's episode is both much better animated and a conclusion to this fight.

As much as I didn't love this arc I marked out really hard this episode and I'm really excited to see it all play out. Super curious to see how Freiza's corpse plays into it!

IncendiaC posted:

I love that Vegeta's talk was essentially "We Saiyans have achieved new transformation after new transformation for this entire tournament. There's no way Kakarot doesn't pull out another bullshit powerup".

Yeah this is the perfect DBZ moment. I loved that scene so much!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I can't believe Goku Blanco is real

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I thought that episode was kinda pretty very doo doo

Nothing really happened? Just loops of Goku and Jiren throwing punches while people talk over it, for about 15 minutes

And then Goku Blanco happened and that was rad

But like, there's two episodes left, how you gonna waste most of an episode doing nothing, cmon

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

My favorite part was whenever Goku had to inhale applejuice through a imaginary straw to power up.

SlrrrrRRrrrPPPpp followed by loud screaming

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
was it just me or did people keep talking with their mouths hidden? Were they really so pressed for animator time they couldn't do mouth flaps?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Sindai posted:

was it just me or did people keep talking with their mouths hidden? Were they really so pressed for animator time they couldn't do mouth flaps?

they're saving as much budget as they can for the next episode where they're going to blow it all at once

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

i really enjoyed that Vegeta's saiyan pride has evolved to be pride in all saiyans and not just himself. good job Vegeta you are ready to become king now

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

I really really wanted Vegeta to yell "GOKU" instead of Kakarot right before he went full UI then I realized how that would go against everything Vegeta is and it would be SO DUMB but it would also be SO COOL. But it's SO GOD drat DUMB!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

graham cracker posted:

I really really wanted Vegeta to yell "GOKU" instead of Kakarot right before he went full UI then I realized how that would go against everything Vegeta is and it would be SO DUMB but it would also be SO COOL. But it's SO GOD drat DUMB!

100%

Aw yeah bout to get baked and watch some brand new Dragon Ball. 'tis a good time to be alive tbh

e: also idk if I mentioned it when the last episode aired, but there was something really sweet and awesome and weirdly comforting about a worried Gohan cradling Vegeta while a worried Krillin feeds him a senzu bean. it just feels right and earned, Vegeta is dope. fuckin goes from a dude who casually murdered a bunch of these two's friends in front of them to 100% just family now

dragon ball ... is good??

esperterra fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Mar 4, 2018

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That was pretty bad-rear end for an episode with an animation budget of roughly 10yen

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
They really took too much time getting to the Blanco. But I did like their explanation that his power was collecting and amassing more heat as he fought until - I guess he overheated himself white hot with inner fire?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Crabtree posted:

They really took too much time getting to the Blanco. But I did like their explanation that his power was collecting and amassing more heat as he fought until - I guess he overheated himself white hot with inner fire?

he was basically working himself into a frenzy until he stopped thinking entirely, and going full idiot unlocked the full power of ultra instinct

the stupid was in your heart all along

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Yinlock posted:

he was basically working himself into a frenzy until he stopped thinking entirely, and going full idiot unlocked the full power of ultra instinct

the stupid was in your heart all along

The most anime fan power ever. To get so mad and obsessed that you just go completely by instinct in everything, hunched over but somehow functional.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

yeah i liked whis reading his poetry over goku's transformation. it was bad-rear end

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Yinlock posted:

the ultimate troll would be making everything canon, so you could never enjoy media again without thinking about how it fits into the dragon ball extended universe

how does M.A.S.H fit into the cell saga

"It wasn't a chicken....IT WAS KRILLIN!"

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Holy gently caress this was good

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Crabtree posted:

The most anime fan power ever. To get so mad and obsessed that you just go completely by instinct in everything, hunched over but somehow functional.

this is how i post

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Goku has become the greatest and vegeta made fun of an over serious clown. Their series long arcs have finally finished.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Goku catching Jiren's finisher and popping it like it was nothing ... that was cool

And Vegeta flaming Belmond in front of all the other GoDs and angels lol

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I want the ToP to end with Goku's win, he makes his wish and everyone goes home and celebrates and its a good ending cut to credits and a message from the staff thanking people for watching or something.

Cut back to the void and some rocks move and Freeza gets up. Just alone there. "well gently caress."

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

It should end with Baba tying a rope around Frieza's tail and slowly dragging in unconscious body back to hell.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Clearly without a shirt, Vegeta suddenly feels a burden lift and is more ok with the energy sharing and pride for all and snappy god smack talk

If Goku Black went shirtless he woulda won

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
After Vegeta gave his speech he should've given the trademark vegeta "hmph" when goku started fighting back.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

*everyone else stands for UI*

*Vegeta sits down*

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
In other news, the english dub of Super continues to exist, and the latest episode was okay I guess. Still not sold on Zamasu and Gowasu's english actors, but they're not terrible.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

That wasn't a bad episode but it was essentially just the preview from last week stretched over 17 minutes with some good Vegeta dialogue.

I get that they're saving budget for 130, but... animate something guys.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

it was pretty underwhelming

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

it was rad, animation is overrated anyway

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Shirtless Jiren really looks like a buffed up version of Buu to me. Like Buu fused with Broly and got so meaty his head whip shrank down to nothing.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Andrast posted:

it was rad, animation is overrated anyway

The animation was disappointingly sparse, but was also a great example of how strong direction can can overcome a low budget. Asdie from spending a little too long with the peanut gallery I thought this episode worked fantastically

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks

esperterra posted:

100%

Aw yeah bout to get baked and watch some brand new Dragon Ball. 'tis a good time to be alive tbh

e: also idk if I mentioned it when the last episode aired, but there was something really sweet and awesome and weirdly comforting about a worried Gohan cradling Vegeta while a worried Krillin feeds him a senzu bean. it just feels right and earned, Vegeta is dope. fuckin goes from a dude who casually murdered a bunch of these two's friends in front of them to 100% just family now

dragon ball ... is good??

It was a great spot, those three have grown so much since teaming up on Namek. I also really liked Dyspo helping Toppo up and showing concern for his friend, they've been great antagonists but really likeable characters.

It was that moment that turned Jiren from silent strong mans into a budget version of Raoh, just without the ace poo poo talking and doriyah's.

If super does come back, true to the monkey king's history, Goku is really gonna mess with the cosmic balance of the gods.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm in the camp of while the last like five minutes of the episode were really cool the rest of it was wheel spinning that you absolutely should not be doing with only two episodes left in your series

I wish this cool transformation and fighting style wasn't wasted on a fight against a dude who sucks

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

snickothemule posted:

It was that moment that turned Jiren from silent strong mans into a budget version of Raoh, just without the ace poo poo talking and doriyah's.

poo poo, if they were going to go for "super powerful buff person that no sells everything" they probably should have just copied Raoh wholesale.

Very impossibly strong guy, only one who can give the protagonist a run for his money, but kinda fucks up in what he actually wants to achieve which makes you sympathize or relate with him more (for instance, Raoh's entire attempt to conquer his fear, and despite beating Fudo, he still absolutely screws this up to the point where he's visibly shaken for the rest of the series). And no, Jiren having "sad backstory" dumped at us by a third person doesn't count, because Raoh at least develops over the course of the series.

We have two episodes left and Jiren is still just whatever.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Blockhouse posted:

I'm in the camp of while the last like five minutes of the episode were really cool the rest of it was wheel spinning that you absolutely should not be doing with only two episodes left in your series

I wish this cool transformation and fighting style wasn't wasted on a fight against a dude who sucks

It is going to feel like such a relief when Goku finally beats Jiren.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I'm amused that in an episode that is meant to be the culmination of a plot arc started like 80 episodes ago(Ultra Instinct) and Goku's apotheosis to the realm of true godhood while battling against a warrior that stands beyond the gods, a two minute speech of Vegeta talking poo poo to a God of Destruction to his face about Saiyan Pride was more entertaining than all of the actual punching.

I am glad that Goku Blanco's appearance was a return to the weird, otherworldly style of Ultra Instinct movement from its first appearance though.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Star Man posted:

It is going to feel like such a relief when Goku finally beats Jiren.

It's Namek all over again.

But worse.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

punk rebel ecks posted:

Why not?

What matchups would you prefer?

Well for one thing Joker is a baseline human, and Hisoka's Nen ability has the properties of both rubber AND gum. Case closed.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

This episode owned

Vegeta laying the verbal smackdown on literal gods (remember how he acted when he first met Beerus?) owned

Ultra Instinct owns

Whis being a proud papa owns

If you don't know that ToP is the best arc get the F out. What you gon' do?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Alan_Shore posted:

Vegeta laying the verbal smackdown on literal gods (remember how he acted when he first met Beerus?) owned

This is how Vegita works. He acted the same way with Freeza, groveling when he was weaker but transformed into arrogant rear end in a top hat when he thinks he is even close to the same level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Rutibex posted:

This is how Vegita works. He acted the same way with Freeza, groveling when he was weaker but transformed into arrogant rear end in a top hat when he thinks he is even close to the same level.

The biggest difference is that it was 100% arrogance in the fight with Freeza and he paid for it, here it's actual, pure pride in both the Saiyan race as a whole and in his best friend Kakarot in particular.

Vegeta's gone from a self-centered douchebag to someone that could genuinely lead a race to glory...if said race wasn't dead beyond two specimens and a bunch of half-breeds.