Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Franchescanado posted:

I'd prefer U Talkin' Talking Heads Head To Head?

gently caress. Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Blink 1nce If Ur Talking Blink One Eighty Two Me

I would actually love Scott to do a music podcast for one of the many, many truly lovely and obscure bands he’s defended.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

You talkin the boom boom bap to me?

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Fine'ly You're Conversating Fine Young Cannibals

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I can’t wait until the next side podcast episode with Todd Glass.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

The Ape of Naples posted:

I can’t wait until the next side podcast episode with Todd Glass.

I want to see if he can tell a U2 song from an REM song.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
U Pac’n 2Pac 2 Me?

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

i am the bird posted:

Blink 1nce If Ur Talking Blink One Eighty Two Me

I would actually love Scott to do a music podcast for one of the many, many truly lovely and obscure bands he’s defended.

Would kill for a Scritti Politti podcast

Unmature
May 9, 2008
sTraining 2 Talk Train

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Q: Are Scott Not Men?
A: Scott Are Devo!

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

Unmature posted:

Just give me a Barenaked Ladies show with Scott and Will Hines

It's Been One Week Since U Talked Barenaked Ladies 2 Me, Dropped Your Pod To The Side And Said I'm Sorry

Arm_Fruit
Jul 1, 2013
Dip dip de dip Waaah are you not talkin' about Sha Na Na with me and Hot Dog?

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

Talk Talk Talk

Unmerciful
Sep 14, 2008

Can’t wait to find out when PFT first heard of REM!

Sneeing Emu
Dec 5, 2003
Brother, my eyes
Well the segment with Harris's sister was loving heartbreaking. You're supposed to make me laugh Scott!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ouch, Harris’ sister’s book has a foreword by Aziz. That’s some unlucky timing.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

New season of the Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project!
http://www.earwolf.com/episode/the-season-2-teaser-episode/

Sounds like it's only going to be on Stitcher premium though, so boo.

HMS Beagle fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Mar 2, 2018

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

HMS Beagle posted:

New season of the Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project!
[url=http://www.earwolf.com/episode/the-season-2-teaser-episode/[/url]

Sounds like it's only going to be on Stitcher premium though, so boo.

They're releasing it for free in August. I've listened to season one an embarrassing number of times so I'm psyched as hell.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Absolutely nothing embarrassing about that. I've probably listened to Kiss Me a dozen times in full, and the songs a good deal more. It's my all-time favorite podcast episode.

The only thing I'm worried about is that my expectations are sky-high. But it sounds like Don Dimello and Dalton Wilcox and August Lindt (spoiler for those who want to hear it in the preview ep themselves) have episodes, so I don't see how that could be a letdown. Plus Gil and Golly have an episode that takes place in a mental institution.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Mar 2, 2018

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

PerilPastry posted:

They're releasing it for free in August.
It may be free but then we have to cut him open to get it.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
the Irish songs made me laugh so hard I almost choked to death.

Now Patty's last poem so bad you might throw him in front of a passenger train/therefore you must trust us it's poetic justice that Patty should only know pain.

Now the moral you see is that orally he is as skilled as the poo poo on your shoes/but if he opens his mouth just motion down south and for once he can put it to use.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

feedmyleg posted:

Absolutely nothing embarrassing about that. I've probably listened to Kiss Me a dozen times in full, and the songs a good deal more. It's my all-time favorite podcast episode.
Yeah, the music is great.

I unironically put on SPYRYT's "All The Way Tonight (Look of the Lion)" whenever I'm going heavy at the gym. Eins, zwei, drei ...

I'm absolutely thrilled we're getting an L. Ron Hubbard episode. He's neck and neck with Anne Frank for the most hilarious Dead Authors Podcast appearances so if you haven't listened to those, get on it!

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

uber_stoat posted:

the Irish songs made me laugh so hard I almost choked to death.

Now Patty's last poem so bad you might throw him in front of a passenger train/therefore you must trust us it's poetic justice that Patty should only know pain.

Now the moral you see is that orally he is as skilled as the poo poo on your shoes/but if he opens his mouth just motion down south and for once he can put it to use.

The most beautiful fuckin' insult!

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

PerilPastry posted:

Yeah, the music is great.

I unironically put on SPYRYT's "All The Way Tonight (Look of the Lion)" whenever I'm going heavy at the gym. Eins, zwei, drei ...

I'm absolutely thrilled we're getting an L. Ron Hubbard episode. He's neck and neck with Anne Frank for the most hilarious Dead Authors Podcast appearances so if you haven't listened to those, get on it!

No Dead Author’s podcast could top Ben Schwartz learning in real-time that one of his childhood heroes was anti-semitic as he was pretending to be that man. It’s one of the darkest comedic moments I can think of.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ha, the second I read that post I knew instantly it had to be Roald Dahl. He’s from (or at least lived in for some considerable time) my hometown and that stuff is very much swept under the rug. I’m gonna have to grab that episode.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
It really is heartbreaking. And absolutely hilarious.

But yeah, the Dead Authors Daly episodes are also up there for me in terms of all-timer podcast episodes. I would love that to somehow become a real spinoff podcast.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
IIRC, he only found out from a listener question which was "What's up with all the antisemitism?", and he was confused for a second. PFT had a quote from him about jews at the ready, and you could almost hear Ben's heart breaking as the quote went on. It's simultaneously one of the funniest and saddest things I've ever heard in a podcast.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

There's a line where Ben is like "it'd be a shame if a boy grew up to have me as a hero" or something and it is devastating (but also very funny because Ben leans into it hard).

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

SpacePig posted:

IIRC, he only found out from a listener question which was "What's up with all the antisemitism?", and he was confused for a second. PFT had a quote from him about jews at the ready, and you could almost hear Ben's heart breaking as the quote went on. It's simultaneously one of the funniest and saddest things I've ever heard in a podcast.

In 1983 he told a reporter "There's a trait in the Jewish character that does provoke animosity ... I mean there is always a reason why anti-anything crops up anywhere; even a stinker like Hitler didn't just pick on them for no reason."

Ben: "...Did I say anything about the Jews to any other reporters?"
PFT: "I think the once was enough."

(It gets going right about the 53 minute mark)

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Jeremy Carter as Joseph Campbell on DAP is one of my top 10 pods ever. I get swept up in it like it's a real interview with Campbell and then he starts talking about jumping over trash cans on a motorbike

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

My favorites are also PFT as Mark "SATIRE" Twain, Mary Holland as a quietly deranged Virginia Woolf, and Gourley as an Ian Fleming who makes a delightful gag every time he's forced to say "women."

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
My favorites beyond the ones mentioned of dead authors are the brothers Grimm episode and the lovecraft+nicheche episode

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
I can't believe I've never listened to the Dead Authors Podcast. I'd only heard it mentioned online in passing, I never realized it was a PFT podcast featuring all of our most favorite interesting people.

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012
The Neil Campbell / Scotty Auks double feature if definitely my favorite, if only for the hit song "Where is my shoe"

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
My favourite is the one where PFT says the N word at the very end.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Some other favorites of mine that weren't mentioned are Adomian as Walt Whitman getting sexually aroused by America, Matt Walsh as Tolkien being corrected on British-isms by PFT, and Chris Tallman as Gary Gygax being genuinely excited to talk about D&D. Bonus Jessica St Clair as Charlotte Bronte which is just completely hilarious. The Carl Sagan, Tennessee Williams, and Oscar Wilde episodes are good too.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
God drat I need to relisten to Dead Authors Podcast.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Unmature posted:

Jeremy Carter as Joseph Campbell on DAP is one of my top 10 pods ever. I get swept up in it like it's a real interview with Campbell and then he starts talking about jumping over trash cans on a motorbike

Nobody appreciates just how great his impression of Campbell was. Carter was really funny but he was also uncannily accurate and seemed to actually understand Campbell's stuff.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Did they cover Campbell's racism and anti-semitism? Admittedly I'm not a huge expert on him but from what I've read it seems like that was a big part of his personal beliefs but is not widely known (much like Roald Dahl).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
Yeah the comedy podcast where history's most high school taught authors meet HG Wells did a brutal takedown of sylvia plath's feelings about native americans and did NOT talk about star wars for an hour.