Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

OB_Juan posted:

Goku vs one Punch Man would be them talking about being pretty strong, aaaaaalmost have a friendly spar, then end up eating for the rest of the episode.

well that's how vegeta vs saitama turns out

https://imgur.com/a/xRQEa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Off-topic, but I earlier realized it could've been kind of cool if Goku managed to pull some strings and gotten Grandpa Gohan to participate in the tournament, taking Tien's place. I mean Roshi did train him and he kicked Kid Goku's rear end, so he could've done some damage to the other teams, possibly.

EDIT: Got that backwards.

TheLoneStar fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Mar 6, 2018

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

Off-topic, but I earlier realized it could've been kind of cool if Goku managed to pull some strings and gotten Grandpa Gohan to participate in the tournament, taking Tien's place. I mean he did train Roshi and kicked Kid Goku's rear end, so he could've done some damage to the other teams, possibly.

Gohan was trained by Roshi. Roshi is like 1000 years old

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Flytrap posted:

Clark would never fight Goku because he's physically repulsed by violence and only does it because he follows Spider-Man's creed of power and responsibility.

Depends on the version.

Superman's not a fight maniac, but he sometimes gets to the point where he wouldn't have a bad time if he went in for a friendly spar someone else suggested.

I can see Silver Age Superman agreeing to fight this martial arts champion for charity, and then going all "Great Rao! He's almost as strong as I am!" and then having it all turn into some elaborate scheme to pull a prank on Lois and Jimmy.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Also let's make no bones about it, Silver Age Superman would wipe the floor with Goku

Mostly because he himself is effectively a gag comic character.

Silver Age Superman gets a lot of shade thrown at him, but he's actually really great. You just have to go into his stories not expecting like, a superhero struggling against impossible odds, but instead an all powerful bored deity who decides to dick around with the mortals for funsies and does whatever the gently caress he wants however he chooses.

The comics code of the time took the teeth out of super hero books, so by God did Silver Age Superman just get WEIRD with it. The fact that he married Jimmy Olson to a gorilla twice isn't even touching some of the poo poo he got up to.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

Off-topic, but I earlier realized it could've been kind of cool if Goku managed to pull some strings and gotten Grandpa Gohan to participate in the tournament, taking Tien's place. I mean Roshi did train him and he kicked Kid Goku's rear end, so he could've done some damage to the other teams, possibly.

EDIT: Got that backwards.

I still like my idea of a Kid Goku era ToP. :/

Beerus is neat in that he could fit in real well right after King Piccolo dies. Have him float in with Whis. "Hi, the Demon King is dead, maybe you're the Legendary Super Saiyan, who I need along with nine other warriors with attitude for the Tournament of Power, fight me", have an arc of some training and discovery and BoGish stuff, arc after is the ToP, have Grandpa Gohan along as one of the 10.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Calaveron posted:

I've listened to Adrian Barba's version of Limit Break X Survivor a million times but I had not actually watched the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzyybwse1vw
Watch the video, this guy is having the time of his life

It really amazes me how passionate everyone working on this monkey punch man series are, no matter the language. Him, Nozawa and the US Dub team are just so into it that if someone told me they were doing it for free I would totally belive it.

Fun trivia: The guy who did Goku's voice for the most part in the Latin American dub also did the dubs of most of Jim Carrey's movies which I always find amazingly distracting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C95c_hRGl5A&t=53s

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Mar 6, 2018

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yinlock posted:

well that's how vegeta vs saitama turns out

https://imgur.com/a/xRQEa

Has somebody hired DGL? Because this guy is way too good to be doing fan comics.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

so when goku did this and went blanco. is this basically a galaxy and hes taking all the energy from everyone in the galaxy like some kind of super spirit bomb. so stealin all of u7s energy

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

he already did the reborn as yamcha manga, friend.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

TrilliontonNixon posted:

Has somebody hired DGL? Because this guy is way too good to be doing fan comics.

he was the artist on the Yamcha reincarnation comic, i'm sure he'll be doing more official DB stuff sometime

he's great at replicating the saiyan saga era toriyama art so hopefully he gets to play around in that time period more

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Kelp Plankton posted:

he was the artist on the Yamcha reincarnation comic, i'm sure he'll be doing more official DB stuff sometime

he's great at replicating the saiyan saga era toriyama art so hopefully he gets to play around in that time period more

kelp pls answer me wrt galaxy goku

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kelp Plankton posted:

Good, because the dude's got serious talent. He has that perfect mix of cool poo poo and gags that Toriyama had back in his prime.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

These X vs. Y fights always seem to forget that "power levels are bullshit."

Straight fight between Goku/Superman: Neither wants to kill each other, they fight to a stalemate, satisfied, and find out Cell and Doomsday have teamed up to destroy the world, and Supes/Goku team up to defeat them.

Goku vs. a mind-controlled Superman: Goku wins, Goku knocks Superman out of his mind control, and they both look forward to the fight described above.

Superman vs. Goku Black: Superman wins. Goku shows up and looks forward to the fight first described above.

Goku vs. Saitama: Neither wants to kill the other, they fight to a stalemate, satisfied, and find out Cyborg-Broly is a crazy monster level threat, and team up to defeat Cyborg-Broly
Edit: this one would probably have Saitama send off Goku to defend Saitama's favorite grocery store from some impossibly strong threat that doesn't exist, while Saitama kills Cyborg Broly with a punch

And you can repeat this formula for any combo of "your favorite hero" vs. "another similar hero."

Slightly Absurd fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Mar 6, 2018

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Slightly Absurd posted:

Straight fight between Goku/Superman: Neither wants to kill each other, they fight to a stalemate, satisfied, and find out Cell and Doomsday have teamed up to destroy the world, and Supes/Goku team up to defeat them.

Goku vs. a mind-controlled Superman: Goku wins, Goku knocks Superman out of his mind control, and they both look forward to the fight described above.

Superman vs. Goku Black: Superman wins. Goku shows up and looks forward to the fight first described above.

Goku vs. Saitama: Neither wants to kill the other, they fight to a stalemate, satisfied, and find out Cyborg-Broly is a crazy monster level threat, and team up to defeat Cyborg-Broly
Edit: this one would probably have Saitama send off Goku to defend Saitama's favorite grocery store from some impossibly strong threat that doesn't exist, while Saitama kills Cyborg Broly with a punch

I like this series, where can I watch it?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Though you do have to take into account Superman's weakness to magic and determine whether ki attacks are considered magical or physical.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

https://v.redd.it/6fcm115vwyj01

lol they really did save cash this episode right

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Zil posted:

Though you do have to take into account Superman's weakness to magic and determine whether ki attacks are considered magical or physical.

It's not a weakness. He's just has the same amount of magic resistance as an average human.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Slightly Absurd posted:

The thing is, Saitama can't have a satisfying fight. It's one of his central gags.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Stairmaster posted:

It's not a weakness. He's just has the same amount of magic resistance as an average human.

Yeah and even then his powers can mitigate it somewhat. If you cast a spell at Superman to turn him into a rabbit, he'll turn into a rabbit like anyone else, but if your particular brand of magic happens to call down lightning bolts, he'll be durable enough to withstand what would turn a normal human into a pile of ash.

So in reality, Superman's biggest threat in the Dragon Ball universe isn't Goku, it's Buu.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

TrilliontonNixon posted:

So in reality, Superman's biggest threat in the Dragon Ball universe isn't Goku, it's Monster Carrot.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Ramadu posted:

so when goku did this and went blanco. is this basically a galaxy and hes taking all the energy from everyone in the galaxy like some kind of super spirit bomb. so stealin all of u7s energy

It was weird. If it were possible I'd say Toei mixed up their animes cause that's definitely something that usually happens in Saint Seiya when someone is raising their cosmos (Saint Seiya's version of ki/reishi/magic)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BMjV-RRPZ8&t=63s
(sorry for the gratuitous spanish but it's the only version I could find)

Regardless, I think that galaxy represents Goku's ki/heat that he had been building through the last portion of the battle, and him breathing it in goes along with Whis' teaching him how to control his ki from leaking from his body, I think???

Most likely the director thought the shot looked dope and there's not much explanation behind it.

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Mar 6, 2018

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

chiasaur11 posted:

The thing is, Saitama can't have a satisfying fight. It's one of his central gags.

yeah but

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

lezard_valeth posted:

It was weird. If it were possible I'd say Toei mixed up their animes cause that's definitely something that usually happens in Saint Seiya when someone is raising their cosmos (Saint Seiya's version of ki/reishi/magic)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BMjV-RRPZ8&t=63s
(sorry for the gratuitous spanish but it's the only version I could find)

Regardless, I think that galaxy represents Goku's ki/heat that he had been building through the last portion of the battle, and him breathing it in goes along with Whis' teaching him how to control his ki from leaking from his body, I think???

Most likely the director thought the shot looked dope and there's not much explanation behind it.

so the thing is, the scene changes just after and rotates the view theres stars and stuff too. it was weird. gimme a sec and ill get a screenshot of it

like idk it just struck me as super weird and strange. like remember when he first turned UI it was with the spirit bomb backfiring and infusing him and that comes from other sources. im probably way too high while thinking about this but it just looked real strange and thats what i was thinkin of

Ramadu fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Mar 6, 2018

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
it's the brain meme duh

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Black August posted:

I still like my idea of a Kid Goku era ToP. :/

Beerus is neat in that he could fit in real well right after King Piccolo dies. Have him float in with Whis. "Hi, the Demon King is dead, maybe you're the Legendary Super Saiyan, who I need along with nine other warriors with attitude for the Tournament of Power, fight me", have an arc of some training and discovery and BoGish stuff, arc after is the ToP, have Grandpa Gohan along as one of the 10.

This doesn't work, though, because at that point, Beerus would probably just recruit Frieza and his army's members. Plus maybe Babidi's two non-Dabura alien lackeys. Not even Vegeta and Nappa would make the cut; they were weak compared to the rest of the army.

It would be Frieza, the Ginyu Force, Zarbon, Dodoria, and Babidi's lackeys.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Kurui Reiten posted:

This doesn't work, though, because at that point, Beerus would probably just recruit Frieza and his army's members. Plus maybe Babidi's two non-Dabura alien lackeys. Not even Vegeta and Nappa would make the cut; they were weak compared to the rest of the army.

It would be Frieza, the Ginyu Force, Zarbon, Dodoria, and Babidi's lackeys.
TOP isn't based on raw power levels. It would make sense to get the Ginyus, of course. Nail might do like the U6 Nameks did.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

double edit:

chiasaur11 posted:

so let's say Goku's able to absorb some strikes similar to Garou, but maybe some stronger hits, 'cause Goku before they get distracted by other things

triple edit: and Goku wouldn't go all the way up to Mastered Ultra Instinct, gotta keep the upper limits of their power vague so that fans on both sides can be happy

Slightly Absurd fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Mar 6, 2018

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Ramadu posted:

so the thing is, the scene changes just after and rotates the view theres stars and stuff too. it was weird. gimme a sec and ill get a screenshot of it

like idk it just struck me as super weird and strange. like remember when he first turned UI it was with the spirit bomb backfiring and infusing him and that comes from other sources. im probably way too high while thinking about this but it just looked real strange and thats what i was thinkin of

I guess it's just the heat expanding like that and giving off sparkles. "Center of my universe!"

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Those shots of Jiren silhouetted are so loving good

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Ramadu posted:

It's kinda cheap but drat that is actually pretty cool!

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Ramadu posted:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Blattdorf posted:

I guess it's just the heat expanding like that and giving off sparkles. "Center of my universe!"

Those visuals were very evocative of Gurren Lagann, which is pretty on point as Goku has spent the entire arc doing the impossible, touching the untouchable and has now pierced the power of the heavens with his Mastered UI

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
man it is very disappointing they didnt use the maximum the hormone song in super

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Zil posted:

They're all smoke and mirrors, we all know this.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
jirens VA is incredible

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Vonnie posted:

They're all smoke and mirrors, we all know this.

What DC hero should Mr. Satan fight? I'm thinking Booster Gold.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Hercule would take all the credit for stopping batman's villains.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
Forget DC, I want to see J Jonah Jameson hire Satan to fight Spider-Man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Ramadu posted:

I'm glad they reused that awesome fighting animation? :confused: