Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Nodosaur posted:

Just FILES I’m afraid.

Burkion posted:

Such is the private pain of all those who watch foreign media

More often than not, the only way to support the shows you like is through the merch

I was afraid of that. Is it :filez: to ask which subbing group to go with, or would that be against the rules?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

amigolupus posted:

I was afraid of that. Is it :filez: to ask which subbing group to go with, or would that be against the rules?

As far as I can tell no one cares about :filez: if it isn't available legally in these parts

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

amigolupus posted:

L Subs are the only decent ones, though there's a gap of like eps 10-20 where you have to rely on other groups, where I'd say Cakesub is better than Waffesub when it's an option.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Strange Quark posted:

L Subs are the only decent ones, though there's a gap of like eps 10-20 where you have to rely on other groups, where I'd say Cakesub is better than Waffesub when it's an option.

Thanks a lot! My friend and I are planning to watch episodes every now and then, so I'll post some impressions about it. :shobon:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/Digisoulweb/status/968258699470008322

https://twitter.com/Digisoulweb/status/968258691756625921

https://twitter.com/Digisoulweb/status/968258706197577728

https://twitter.com/Digisoulweb/status/968258712254210049

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/ToeiAnimation/status/969017436279226369

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

https://twitter.com/splash_jazzult/status/969577440447160320

This is cute and good art! Tamers is good!

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Been wanting my Tamers nostalgia itch scratched.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Geostomp posted:

Been wanting my Tamers nostalgia itch scratched.

Me too. Maybe once Tri is dead we can have something too, Konaka has been very active after all.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6fzkvr

Welp.

EDIT:

Oh and Konaka said that the Digignomes were Linux

quote:

デジノームはDigital Gnomeの意で、パラケルススの四大精霊の内の地の精だが、GnomeはX Windows System(Linux系OS)のデスクトップ環境の代表の1つでもありKDEと並んでポピュラーだったが、最近の事は知らない。

DigiNome means Digital Gnome, which is the spirit of the four spirits of Paracelsus, Gnome was also one of the representatives of the desktop environment of X Windows System (Linux OS) and was popular alongside KDE, I do not know about recent things

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Mar 9, 2018

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The Digital World at least starting on Linux makes a lot of sense.

Also look at that Omegamon Wing Zero.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Why do they have a bull crotch

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Omegamon has always had spikes there, they’re just longer now.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nodosaur posted:

Omegamon has always had spikes there, they’re just longer now.

It's not just that they're longer

They're DIRECTLY connected to the crotch piece, which isn't as long as it used to be.

It makes it look more like a weird anime bull head than before

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

either way, I'm not sure I'm a fan of it. It's kind of biting Paladin Mode's style. And by kind of I mean a lot.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Nodosaur posted:

either way, I'm not sure I'm a fan of it. It's kind of biting Paladin Mode's style. And by kind of I mean a lot.

Another way they're removing the 02 kids from existence, I guess.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah no one is very happy about this useless bullshit.

It's not even like anything has actually been enough to challenge Omnimon so far. Alphamon was being overpowered in his super mode.

I was really hoping it'd just be like, all of the Megas fighting side by side.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Every character in the team contributing to stop the bad thing instead of just the main hero and their rival? Where do you think we are, in Digimon Tamers?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Every character in the team contributing to stop the bad thing instead of just the main hero and their rival? Where do you think we are, in Digimon Tamers?

I mean, I'd take Digimon Adventure!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I've still got hope that this is gonna be worth it, and at least something interesting is going to come out of the changed status quo before Tai miraculously returns.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Burkion posted:

I mean, I'd take Digimon Adventure!

Or Appli Monsters.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Burkion posted:

Yeah no one is very happy about this useless bullshit.

It's not even like anything has actually been enough to challenge Omnimon so far. Alphamon was being overpowered in his super mode.

I was really hoping it'd just be like, all of the Megas fighting side by side.

Dukemon and Alphamon have always been treated as Omegamon’s equal without having to merge or mode change.

There’s also Susanoomon.

Anyway I wouldn’t assume that the other Ultimates aren’t showing up just yet.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Nodosaur posted:

There’s also Susanoomon.
A shame it's never showed up in an anime.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Har har.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nodosaur posted:

Dukemon and Alphamon have always been treated as Omegamon’s equal without having to merge or mode change.

There’s also Susanoomon.

Nod man, you really like to play semantics here.

Though to nit pick your nitpick, Adventure Omnimon is not Royal Knight Omnimon (god even knows how powerful they're supposed to be compared to one another)

Adventure Omnimon has no point of comparison for Royal Knight Gallantmon or Tamers Gallantmon, though is clearly portrayed as stronger in his few appearances. And we've seen Alphamon and Omnimon fight in Tri, Omnimon had the clear advantage, Tai just weltched at the last second. Alphamon, even mode changing, was still forced to retreat.

So my point stands. Nothing we've seen in Tri justifies Omnimon needing some new form change.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I’m speaking towards the general scale that the franchise treats them all at, because Digimon is rarely consistent with this kind of thing even in the same show. See the D-Reaper Agents fluctuating all over the place in how effective they are against the Tamers or Omegamon getting the upper hand on Alphamon in Tri part 1 to struggling against him and Jesmon in part 5.

Digimon is worse than DBZ sometimes.

Anyway it’s a bit early to say this is unneccessary when we haven’t seen what Ordinemon can do yet. I just think it’s design is too derivative of an older Digimon. Heck, it’s even too similar to Crimson Mode with the angel wings.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Digimon is ABSOLUTELY worse than DBZ

Adventure is atrocious with getting any kind of idea for how powerful anyone is supposed to be. The animation is so limited you never know what anyone can actually do and every attack is pure stock footage. It's like Sailor Moon but with giant monsters.

Tamers seems to keep things relatively toned down compared to Adventure and then Frontier comes rambling in and just has people pile drive each through through moons and cut planets in half with swords and poo poo

Digimon is a weird loving thing and no one should ever look at it as a coherent or rational fightman anime.

The general standings are also total garbage because Royal Knight Omnimon LITERALLY cannot be Adventure Omnimon, and Gallantmon in Tamers is a one of a kind freak event fusion of a Digimon and a human, while in every other continuity that he exists in he's just some Digimon.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

“Royal Knight Omnimon” isn’t really a thing, Burk. The idea of the Knights as a group exists, but there’s no hard baseline for it. Even the profiles are just generalities that hyperbolize poo poo based on rule of cool. This character has never appeared in fiction; even in X-Evolution the guy is just a really strong Ultimate.

What I’m talking about is how Toei and Bandai just generally show these characters standing toe to toe. Hunters is Hunters, but they were generally treated as peers there, and that’s the only canon where those two incarnations of the characters coexist. Because that’s the “general idea” for both Digimon across media.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Burkion posted:

and Gallantmon in Tamers is a one of a kind freak event fusion of a Digimon and a human, while in every other continuity that he exists in he's just some Digimon.

Except in the Xros Wars manga, where he was both before the series.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Burkion posted:

The general standings are also total garbage because Royal Knight Omnimon LITERALLY cannot be Adventure Omnimon, and Gallantmon in Tamers is a one of a kind freak event fusion of a Digimon and a human, while in every other continuity that he exists in he's just some Digimon.

Child Me called bullshit so hard when Gallantmon was basically a background character in an investigation montage in Frontier. That was when I learned Digimon continuity is basically nonsense.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

There's no such thing as Digimon continuity, just a bunch of concepts that get reused in different ways in each series or game.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Nodosaur posted:

“Royal Knight Omnimon” isn’t really a thing, Burk. The idea of the Knights as a group exists, but there’s no hard baseline for it. Even the profiles are just generalities that hyperbolize poo poo based on rule of cool. This character has never appeared in fiction; even in X-Evolution the guy is just a really strong Ultimate.

What I’m talking about is how Toei and Bandai just generally show these characters standing toe to toe. Hunters is Hunters, but they were generally treated as peers there, and that’s the only canon where those two incarnations of the characters coexist. Because that’s the “general idea” for both Digimon across media.

First paragraph doubly so because both the Royal Knights and the digimon "Omegamon of the Royal Knights" have shown up a bunch of different times in different contexts with different personalities, motivations, and levels of strength. "Omegamon the Royal Knight" was a significantly different dude between Savers, the Xros Wars Manga, X Evolution, and Cyber Sleuth, and those aren't even counting all the other times Omegamon appeared without being explicitly identified as being a Royal Knight in things like Movie 5 and V-Tamers.

It's hard, if not impossible and even unhelpful to try and give definitive comparisons between Digimon media. The most I'd be willing to say for Omegamon is that usually he's meant to be seen as strong. How strong? That depends entirely on the story. In Adventure Omegamon is stronger than lots of Diablomon but weaker than Armagemon or Imperialdramon PD. V-Tamers shows that Omegamon is generally stronger than Aero V-Dramon Zero in a straight fight, but weaker in terms of tactics and mobility which mattered a lot in that series. In X Evolution Alphamon is meant to look stronger than Omegamon by beating up DEXmon, who effortlessly slapped around Omegamon whereas In Tri movie 1 Omegamon overpowers Alphamon even after Alphamon mode changes. Thus from all those all I'm willing to say again is that the baseline for Omegamon, if there is one, is probably just the assumption that if he appears he's probably going to be pretty strong.

tl;dr is this post by this person that appeared when I hit preview.

Blaze Dragon posted:

There's no such thing as Digimon continuity, just a bunch of concepts that get reused in different ways in each series or game.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Oh, hell, now I know that. But when you're 6 and everything else has been sequential or vaguely explained, it's a different story.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Burkion posted:

So my point stands. Nothing we've seen in Tri justifies Omnimon needing some new form change.

the justification is that form changes are cool also and especially in adventure "did you learn some sort of friendship lesson?"

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

Yeah, aside from Tri they pretty much abandoned all sense of continuity between shows after 02. Which is good because the concept of what the Digital World is and how it works now more or less changes every season.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Worth noting that a group called Royal Knights doesn't exist in the Adventure continuity (at least far as supplemental materials for Tri have shown)

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/yamaki_nyx/status/972712447806136320?s=19

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

https://twitter.com/yamaki_nyx/status/972851092571566080?s=19

:shrug:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'm sure he's just setting up to announce Digimon Tamers Bi and that's why he's saying that the account will still be there.

... right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Nodosaur posted:

Other than being white (and even then Paladin Mode is Imperialdramon with Omegamon's color scheme so) I don't see how. If anything this is just the counterpart to Alphamon Ouryuken, down to the feathered wings. From my point of view this does makes sense, unnecessary but is not something that comes completely out of the blue.

Anyways, have the banchos

https://twitter.com/bandai_digimon/status/973033141903372288

I am the only one that thinks that BanchoGolemon looks like a knockoff Alphamon?