Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

hosed up how there's been so much power creep that Shaggy Rojo isn't even on a tier any more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

This is just so loving surreal

I loving love my country :allears:

EDIT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mcgjfwv9evw

I'm dying of laughter at Vegeta LGBT

Edit: Really, that entire tier is great.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
episode loving owns

jiren's still a lackluster antagonist with inconsistent characterization but the fight is still amazing despite all that

17'S ALIVE AND STILL IN IT. gently caress YEAH

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Hahah, oh my god.

Also, I actually "get" Jiren's characterization with this episode.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

True heroes of the universe, Frieza and Android 17 . is not where I would have predicted literally any Dragonball arc going.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Seriously, I loled when it was revealed that TWO people were hiding in the rubble. Haha.

Also, so cute at Freeza being included in that "everyone is friends with Goku now" montage.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
they managed to hide the 17 thing for so long wow

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Overall a great episode, I just don't know how I feel about 17 spontaneously being okay and Frieza having given no reason for his several-episode disappearance. And I guess that means the leaks were wrong.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I still can't get onto Crunchyroll :(

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

TheLoneStar posted:

Overall a great episode, I just don't know how I feel about 17 spontaneously being okay and Frieza having given no reason for his several-episode disappearance. And I guess that means the leaks were wrong.

Purposefully misleading.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Suck it Toei

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

i thought for sure frieza threw in a sneaky stab to the back on goku

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Slightly Absurd posted:

Dude I was too, I was shocked when it wasn't.

Such a beautiful episode. Jiren is worst friend confirmed.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Man that episode was so loving good

God drat

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Star Man posted:

I still can't get onto Crunchyroll :(
Me either. Even VRV is glitching out on me and saying my Crunchyroll account isn't even premium.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

That episode was great

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
that episode was dumb as hell

that episode was also awesome as gently caress

jiren still sucks tho

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
What are the alternatives to Crunchyroll? I haven't been able to get on it for an hour.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Kashuno posted:

they managed to hide the 17 thing for so long wow

Indeed, my mind is blown as to how they managed to keep this a secret Like it was not even in a DB Heroes opening and that is insane with how much free spoilering that game did

TheLoneStar posted:

On the one hand yeah, it undermines 17's sacrifice that he is actually alive. Specially since that makes 2 characters that used a sacrifice attack and are actually ok just a bit tired.

On the other hand ANDROID.loving.17 outstayed Vegeta in the ToP.

He is SO getting the wish now. This is definitely where this is going

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Slightly Absurd posted:

:same:

Also lmao at everyone who thought/thinks Jiren is a good guy. He's Lawful Evil as gently caress.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Raxivace posted:

Me either. Even VRV is glitching out on me and saying my Crunchyroll account isn't even premium.

Same. I tried linking my account because I have premium access, but I ain't getting poo poo.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

TheLoneStar posted:

Frieza was knocked out so that isn’t hard.

No idea about that first thing.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Should have just taken the DQ, Goku. You could have wished them all back.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

CharlestheHammer posted:

He probably forgot to delay his Window 10 update.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

If someone had come onto these forums before Battle of the Gods was announced and said they would make a new Dragonball TV show where Frieza and Android 17 would be all that stood in the way of the destruction of the universe they'd have been laughed out of the place.

FooF
Mar 26, 2010
Jiren's characterization is still a bit generic but this episode confirmed him as the anti-Goku. Not bad for a final villain.

Episode was good.

I knew Frieza would come back but 17(!!!). I also thought Frieza hakai'd him or something with that purple energy. What was that animation style when Goku lost his poo poo? It was like his back exploded.

Also, Did Jiren achieve UI, too, or is he just brute forcing his way into UI territory? He hit his "limit break" too (per Vegeta) so I guess this level of power is new for him, too?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
this was a cool episode but I think jiren really is just a dealbreaker for me

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
An okay villian in Dragonball being a dealbreaker is weird.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Lmao that episode was great what the gently caress

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
The TV app was janky as hell but for some reason the VRV iPad app played it in HD with no problems or buffering.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

CharlestheHammer posted:

Hes smart enough to do a gamble like that and use his underectable energy to hide. We only thought he died because he didn't appear in the stands and Grand Padre didnt give up the gambit.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I hated Jiren until this episode showed his true colors.

He's "A Nice Guy" until he doesn't get his way. Frieza prolly turns his nose up at this guy.

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005
next episode is when one of Tien's clones pops out of the rubble too.

also, episode good.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/MinerosFc/status/975191021008097280

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

RBX posted:

He's "A Nice Guy" until he doesn't get his way. Frieza prolly turns his nose up at this guy.

Nah.

Frieza is hecking strong, but when things don't go his way, gets mad, throws a tantrum and gets stomped deeper into the curb.

Jiren is hecking strong, but when things don't go his way, gets mad, throws a tantrum and becomes even more hecking strong.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Ougher posted:

I can see this becoming a meme. Also Hit

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Ougher posted:

also, episode good.

they find three Tien corpses because he can't do anything right

Personal_Nirvana
Dec 28, 2012
Wow that was trully great, and maybe single handly saved the ToP for me. I cant think of an episode in the entire franchise more suited for a crowd-experience than this one...you Mexicans are so lucky to have weaboos in positions of power.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

We find out all of U7 was using multiform and everyone in the stands are clones next episide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

lezard_valeth posted:

Nah.

Frieza is hecking strong, but when things don't go his way, gets mad, throws a tantrum and gets stomped deeper into the curb.

Jiren is hecking strong, but when things don't go his way, gets mad, throws a tantrum and becomes even more hecking strong.

Yeah but Frieza doesn't pose like he actually cares about anyone. That's weak to him.