Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The movie's meant to be the next story in the DB Super franchise and is labelled as a Super movie specifically.

They're not ending this on a cliffhanger though. The reaction shot of the two kais and Beerus all shocked is almost definitely a reaction to them hearing Goku's wish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Enourmo posted:

I honest-to-god thought Goku was gonna pull an end-of-Namek and give Jiren some of his goddamn energy.

On the other hand he's pulling a Saiyan saga with the whole pushed-his-power-too-far thing, sooo

I thought the same thing.
Wow, this episode was goddamn amazing. It lived up to the hype. Favorite moment is right after Jiren tried to blow up the audience.
You don't piss off Goku like that.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
They certainly were saving their budget for this one. They even gave angry Vegeta a ridiculous amount of keyframes for that brief segment.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
So this is what happens when they get more time to make an episode. This loving ruled.

Now we got two former Heels who wanted to kill Goku protecting him for the greater good, Unity is strength, and this jobless idiot is liked by all. Goku truly is the Big Boss of this universe.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Will Jiren become Gokus friend as well

Does he even have a choice at this point

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The movie's meant to be the next story in the DB Super franchise and is labelled as a Super movie specifically.

They're not ending this on a cliffhanger though. The reaction shot of the two kais and Beerus all shocked is almost definitely a reaction to them hearing Goku's wish.

"I wish... to forget about everything that's happened since Beerus came to Earth, and go on a Grand Tour of space with my grand daughter."

THE END

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
When Jiren beats 17 and Freeza with his last bit of energy our only remaining hope will be the final hiding Tien clone.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

17's heroic sacrifice leaving him just slightly dented may be a bit cheap, but I don't care because I'm glad 17's boat is still in it to win it.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

17 being okay is genuinely awesome and I am so happy.

This episode was pretty good during the last 10 minutes - let's hope they keep delivering Saturday after next.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
17 was definitely an asspull but Vegeta and Roshi pulled the same poo poo so whatever, I'm just glad we got our boy back

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
This enemies turned friends plotline could only be more complete if 16 ran in out of nowhere, high fived Goku, and then dunked Jiren outside the ring.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Boat

This was a good episdoe. But now we get to the point in a wrestling match where everyone is gassed but it can't end just yet.

17 has infinite energy of course he survived... and he is just as strong power wise as he was at the start, but his body is probably like a mass of injuries.

Aladdin
Feb 16, 2011
It feels weird that Goku achieved dodging zen and just resumed getting some pretty hard direct hits immediately after

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
17 is going to wish for a boat so big, it can and does have all 12 universes restored and inside it. That way everyone in the multiverse gets to ride a boat.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Aladdin posted:

It feels weird that Goku achieved dodging zen and just resumed getting some pretty hard direct hits immediately after

It isn't a cheat code that allows him to dodge literally everything, it just means he's moving instinctively. If he couldn't dodge it normally he still couldn't.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Flytrap posted:

This enemies turned friends plotline could only be more complete if 16 ran in out of nowhere, high fived Goku, and then dunked Jiren outside the ring.

Next ToP should be Goku with best-buddies Piccolo, Vegeta, Frieza, Androids 16, 17, 18, Cell, Buu and Monster Carrot.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Oh poo poo the wish is going to be something like bring back all the universes into a single mega universe so it's easier to manage and also so all the strong people can fight whenever isn't it

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Calaveron posted:

Oh poo poo the wish is going to be something like bring back all the universes into a single mega universe so it's easier to manage and also so all the strong people can fight whenever isn't it

"B-but Zeno-sama! How can 12 gods of destruction operate in one universe?"
"Another tournament! RIGHT NOW! : D"

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Calaveron posted:

Oh poo poo the wish is going to be something like bring back all the universes into a single mega boat so it's easier to manage and also so all the strong people can fight whenever isn't it

Fixed that for you

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Augus posted:

wouldn't it cool if they actually had to team up together in order to beat Jiren
like, back when Vegeta first appeared he destroyed Goku even after a power-up, it took the entire gang giving everything they had in order to turn the tables on him.

dragon ball super owns

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Augus posted:

dragon ball super owns

I dare say dragon ball mega owns

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Augus posted:

dragon ball super owns

Not quite. I mean, its a good twist but adding 17 back and the fact that Goku wasn't ringed out means the final episode is going to be at least 50% fighting. We are going to have next to no time for the wish and potential wrap up. Thats no way to end a series!

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

17 is going to wish for a boat so big, it can and does have all 12 universes restored and inside it. That way everyone in the multiverse gets to ride a boat.

What's the point of a boat if there's no where to sail it. Think this through.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I don't know who at Toei is literally in love with Android 17 but goddamn did they put their full rear end into selling him as a character.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Flytrap posted:

Jiren is about to finish off Goku, only for Zamasu to pop up and kick him in the dick.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

ImpAtom posted:

I don't know who at Toei is literally in love with Android 17 but goddamn did they put their full rear end into selling him as a character.

Probably reacting to people marking out when he was announced for the tournament

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Pollyanna posted:

17 being okay is genuinely awesome and I am so happy.

This episode was pretty good during the last 10 minutes - let's hope they keep delivering Saturday after next.

Next week.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
That moment when 17 pops up led me to yell out 'gently caress yeah!'
I was expecting the finale today, but 1 more week?!

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

It really helped that his reintroduction was fantastic, showing him as a smart, tactical, soft spoken guy who was also loving nuts willing to sacrifice himself for his beliefs and knew how to take advantage of his unlimited energy abilities with endless streams of karate lasers

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

sassassin posted:

50% of boat owners could care less about never sailing their boats.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

sassassin posted:

My friend, let me tell you a story about the wonder that is All Blue.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
So, how many times has Freeza saved Goku so far this tournament? He has been a 100% good team mate for universe 7 this entire time, and saved multiple team mates. After the tournament, do you think he will remain one of the gang? Like seriously, he has done more to ingratiate himself than Vegita did before they let him into the gang.

Freeza was always the one villain Goku wasn't able to make his friend

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rutibex posted:

So, how many times has Freeza saved Goku so far this tournament? He has been a 100% good team mate for universe 7 this entire time, and saved multiple team mates. After the tournament, do you think he will remain one of the gang? Like seriously, he has done more to ingratiate himself than Vegita did before they let him into the gang.

Freeza was always the one villain Goku wasn't able to make his friend

Cell

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

So, I've been thinking about this for a while and:

I've realized the big thing I find appealing about Dragonball Super is that it's largely about the idea of redemption and improvement for bad people. The majority of the cast are redeemed villains or antagonists and the show is pretty clear about the idea that Goku's big strength isn't beating these guys but making them better people. Everyone from Krillin to Buu is someone Goku fought and eventually befriended or contributed to befriending and the show seems to go pretty all-in on the idea that people can become better. Vegeta and Android 17 are two standouts but they're hell of a standouts. Vegeta was a genocidal murder and Android 17 was at best nihilistic as gently caress and both of them became legitimate family men with a vested interest in the welfare of others, even if they act like assholes about it. Likewise you even see positive effects on dudes like Beerus who goes from basically being a selfish shithead to praising others and being impressed by their successes. Even Frieza in his own space Hitler way improves by working with others and actually putting forth effort and training. The exception is the Zamasu arc which is entirely about a guy (who is also a Goku) who is so selfish he can only be friends with himself and has no belief in the potential of others.

Super has problems but I really appreciate the show is a lot more about how punchmen can improve themselves and become functional people with a cast largely made up of married adults with children. It probably is TOO forgiving of amazing atrocities but whatever.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Thesis of Dragon Ball: Redemption isn't a thing but training to become a better person is?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

On the one hand I can't believe they're going into finale with a bunch of fightmans still to go. The actual wrap up of the series is going to be insanely rushed. I'd have preferred if they trimmed down the wasted time in the last few episodes (ie the endless standing motionless and crowd commentary), had it end this week and dedicate next week to the farewells.

On the other hand, 17 not killing himself is one of the few things I've ever been right about and it rules. I like how the episode framed it as if they've been chilling together behind a rock this entire time waiting for a dramatic moment to pounce.

Also the Zeno of 20 minutes ago would've DQd Jiren on the spot for trying to kill the spectators. Dude's gone soft.

stev fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Mar 18, 2018

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Jiren became a hella good antagonist in this episode

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its going to end with U7 winning and then smash cutting to “Tune in Next Time for the Exciting Conclusion to Dragon Ball Super” and a release date for the next episode a decade from now

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I am concerned the climax is going to suck. Like, somehow they need to defeat Jiren, do the wish, the post tournament wrap up, all in 20 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Kashuno posted:

I am concerned the climax is going to suck. Like, somehow they need to defeat Jiren, do the wish, the post tournament wrap up, all in 20 minutes

The preview clip had enough different fight scenes to fill 15 minutes of the episode easy. The wrap up will be seconds.