Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Firos posted:

What does it mean if I nearly pass out deadlifting lol.

Gungnirr posted:

Nearly pass out? Not enough weight.

👌

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

doverhog posted:

I got (self diagnosed, yeah I know, will see a doctor next week probably) plantar fasciitis that makes the sole of my foot feel like it's on fire sometimes. Hasn't stopped me from working out but has reduced volume and just made the experience less fun you know. Did a bunch (over multiple breaks, lost count) of sets of 10x80kg bench press and 25kg one arm dumbbell overhead press at work, still haven't gotten to actually trying a real 1 rep bench press max.

stretch your feet fascia like you are training for ballet. American phys ed norms leave us basically crippled as adults.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Cyberpunkey Monkey posted:

stretch your feet fascia like you are training for ballet. American phys ed norms leave us basically crippled as adults.

What? How do you mean?

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
stretch like a dancer, lift like a gorillion

i didn't watch this, but something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS80ZhaDrzA

abgushte badamjan
Apr 4, 2009

for butts??????

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

What? How do you mean?

Point your toes real hard and then flex your foot up real hard so your shin muscles get worked, repeat that a lot. Drawing circles or the alphabet with your toes (using movement in your ankle only) is also a good exercise. Plantar fasciitis is often caused by muscle imbalances due to our poo poo lifestyles. Hiking on uneven terrain is also a good way to give your feet a healthy workout.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Huh, got it. Never had a problem with that but a lil stretching can't hurt. I used to do Yoga stretches before workouts but stopped doing it for some reason (I guess I just forgot, or someone told me it was bad to stretch before working out) and definitely feel more stiff overall.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Please don't kink shame.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
I bench with no arch btw, like there is tension in the back, but none of that lift your back up to hit higher numbers stuff. :dukedoge:

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
Do u even retract ur scapulas bro

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself

The funniest part of this picture is that either someone was about to do bench press or was done with their set and just did the bare minimum to get the bench off the squat rack before saying "eh gently caress it. It's fine there."

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

This guy was slamming the weights on the machine so hard the it was heard over the entire gym. Everyone basically looked over at him like he was the biggest retard in the world, but he didn't notice at all. Too busy watching his phone and listening to music

I kind of wonder if he was deeply autistic or something

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Grump posted:

The funniest part of this picture is that either someone was about to do bench press or was done with their set and just did the bare minimum to get the bench off the squat rack before saying "eh gently caress it. It's fine there."

No, the funniest part ar the two plates that the dude needs to not teabag his buddy.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I didn't even notice he was straddling the bench directly above the persons face. I wanna try out that sort of benching where I can get a face full of balls from my best pal.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

the spotter knows exactly what he's doin

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself

Helios Grime posted:

No, the funniest part ar the two plates that the dude needs to not teabag his buddy.

Hahaha gently caress i didn’t even notice that.

The picture gets better the longer you look

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
What are his legs even doing.

Is he trying to do the splits?

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
She's like the 14 year old that benches 300 or something. With a 3 inch ROM.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
Are there any feds with rules like 'feet must be parallel to knees and flat on the floor' because loving lol.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Sludge Tank posted:

Are there any feds with rules like 'feet must be parallel to knees and flat on the floor' because loving lol.

There's a fed that requires flat feet but it doesn't do anything to stop extreme arches

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
That's why I lift for maximum ROM and general health and wellness instead of getting my name on some list.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
The angle of a super arched bench is probably healthier for your shoulders :shobon:

feelix
Nov 27, 2016

Cyberpunkey Monkey posted:

That's why I lift for maximum ROM and general health and wellness instead of getting my name on some list.

Yeah heavily loaded shoulder extension is HEALTHY AS gently caress

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah I also rarely bench press because I don't like lifting with spotters.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Why would you need spotters when you're presumably lifting lower percentages not to failure?

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
You sound like a really cool guy who knows a lot about lifting weights

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Funny story I had to bail on a close-grip bench on Sunday. Wasn't supposed to be anywhere near failure but onset was a lot quicker than I expected. It wasn't gonna get off my chest, so over it goes!

Good thing the place was filled with hot college women. Woulda sucked if it had been embarrassing!

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

What does a pulled groin feel like? I think I might have hurt myself doing very low squats, something hurts between where my leg meets my genital zone

Working out after 35 it’s some poo poo like that all the time, stuff that never hurt before just randomly pops up

feelix
Nov 27, 2016

What does a pulled groin feel like? I think I might have hurt myself doing very low squats, something hurts between where my leg meets my genital zone

Working out after 35 it’s some poo poo like that all the time, stuff that never hurt before just randomly pops up

I have this pretty constantly whenever I do any heavy squatting or sumo deadlifting with regularity, I don't think it's a "pulled groin" because that would be an acute injury.

The only time I didn't have it was when I was fat and could bounce off my belly at the bottom of squats

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Is it hurting on your hip or inside the leg?

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
e:nvm

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

I mean if you are describing it as a pain on the inside of your thighs next your genitals, then yeah going to guess it is a pulled groin muscle.

Usually rest, ice, compression and elevation (RICE) are the way to go for healing, but that is just for a minor pull. Anything too severe you would want to go to a doctor to check out.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Yeah, groin pulls have a pretty wide range of severity depending on how bad it feels. If it's sudden onset or accompanied by a pop or crunch, then it can be a pretty bad pull.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Were you trying to get your name on some list?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Vargatron posted:

Is it hurting on your hip or inside the leg?

Hip, and I feel it when I sort of rotate my leg outward or trying to put my knee on my chest

Guess I should’ve done more stretching 😐

It’s not killing me but it definitely hurts at various positions

I don’t think it’s that severe but wondering how long it will take to heal, I don’t want to stop lifting I was just getting in a groove with leg work

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Hip, and I feel it when I sort of rotate my leg outward or trying to put my knee on my chest

Guess I should’ve done more stretching 😐

It’s not killing me but it definitely hurts at various positions

I don’t think it’s that severe but wondering how long it will take to heal, I don’t want to stop lifting I was just getting in a groove with leg work

Ah I've had that before in squats. Kind of hurts more at the bottom of the squat motion, right? If that's the case, check your form and give your legs a rest for a week or so.

If you had a groin pull, you couldn't close your legs or walk without pain.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Vargatron posted:

Ah I've had that before in squats. Kind of hurts more at the bottom of the squat motion, right? If that's the case, check your form and give your legs a rest for a week or so.

If you had a groin pull, you couldn't close your legs or walk without pain.

Oh yeah that’s how it feels, I guess I’ll do a lil more stretching.

I thought rear end to grass was the best way of squatting, I’ll never trust 420powerliftsnick69 YouTube vids again

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
maybe sciatica?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Stretching probably won't do too much for you on that particular part of the muscle. From what I've read it's due to compression and not extension, but I'm not a doctor.

There's a million ways to squat but you might want to try a stance adjustment or different variation of the squat (ie high bar) that causes less discomfort.

I got back into weightlifting in the middle of February and I had the same thing. For me it was my squat stance was too wide. Ask some dudes in the Diet and Exercise megathread in YLLS and they'll probably have more suggestions.