Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4PIw69j9Mk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Yinlock posted:

I always thought that that cell-games ssj2 gohan was probably the strongest gohan has ever been, fighterz reminded me of how ridiculously strong it was in every aspect

I don’t think it was when he was the strongest, I think it was when he was the most broken and unrestrained.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

TheKingofSprings posted:

I don’t think it was when he was the strongest, I think it was when he was the most broken and unrestrained.

So basically, Ultimate Gohan is Super Buu (everyone absorbed) but Cell SS2 Gohan is Kid Buu?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Spiritus Nox posted:

To be fair, he was only HALF immortal once he fused with Black.

But yeah, Fused Zamasu IS probably stronger than everyone outside of the highest tier of the ToP. Probably still stronger than Goku Blue on his own, maybe even with UI.

Fused Zamasu was gaining strength the entire fight from taking damage. Combining Blacks ability to gain zenkai with Zamasus immortality. In his original form Goku beat Fused Zamasu at a beam struggle, but after that it took Vegitto to deal with him. Once Trunks messed him up he gained even more power. So the power ranking is:

0) Bulma
1) Zeno
2) Fused Zamasu
3) Trunks
4) Vegitto
5) Jiren

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Maybe Gero...

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

https://twitter.com/JinuSenpai/status/975403684749299712

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

It'd be funny if SSj2 actually was the absolute peak of power in Gohan's life, and after that it was just all half-assed measures to try to peak back to that moment of legend he can never have again.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Gohan never actually had a chance against Super Buu. Buu was just being polite, because he could sense him from across the universe and he knew how many episodes it took him to power up.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Darko posted:

From a few back, but, Roshi was out of practice again. It was specifically said in the Resurrection F arc that Roshi had been training offscreen in secret because he saw the progression everyone else was making and tried to keep up to a degree.

I appreciate the attempt, but that's pretty obviously an ad hoc explanation thrown together when they wanted to have him fight again but realized he hadn't done anything in forever.

Roshi you lazy gently caress, even if you were totally out of practice when Raditz showed up you had a year to train again with everyone else, and you the most experience and knowledge out of anyone with nothing to lose. loving Chiaotzu showed up, Chiaotzu!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Roshi is very uncomfortable and does not want to have the flying discussion. He knows if he trains with everyone else and participates in the epic battles to save Earth eventually people are going to start bothering him to fly. "Master Roshi your powerlevel is easily high enough, want me to show you how?".

But he told Crane Hermit flying was lame and a stupid technique. He knows if he flys Crane Hermit will see him and never stop making fun of him

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Black August posted:

It'd be funny if SSj2 actually was the absolute peak of power in Gohan's life, and after that it was just all half-assed measures to try to peak back to that moment of legend he can never have again.

That's what happens when you only train in the few weeks leading up to a tournament/your dad coming back to life/swimsuit season.

Gohan beating Cell was the culmination of an intense, years-long training cycle. He never gets close to that level of dedication after he becomes a teenager.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Yinlock posted:

i mean if you REALLY want goku to kill you all you have to do is kill the tiny bald man, that usually does it pretty well

Goku successfully saved Frieza's life on Namek after an unfortunate frisbee accident. They are currently each others second best friend (behind Android MVP).

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Rutibex posted:

Roshi is very uncomfortable and does not want to have the flying discussion. He knows if he trains with everyone else and participates in the epic battles to save Earth eventually people are going to start bothering him to fly. "Master Roshi your powerlevel is easily high enough, want me to show you how?".

But he told Crane Hermit flying was lame and a stupid technique. He knows if he flys Crane Hermit will see him and never stop making fun of him
I'm pretty sure the Crane Hermit is reincarnated or in Hell or something by now given that he was a dick and has been dead for a while, but this honestly is probably the answer Toriyama would give.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

If there was a Super filler episode where a minor DB character passed away or died in the past couple of years I wouldn't have been surprised.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
wrong thread!

khwarezm fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Mar 20, 2018

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

khwarezm posted:

I feel like she'd still have particular antipathy towards Steven no matter what.

Maybe she'd have to be roommates with Lapis and Peridot for a while.

No no, you're looking for the Dragon Gem Super thread. Down the hall, three doors right.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

khwarezm posted:

I feel like she'd still have particular antipathy towards Steven no matter what.

Maybe she'd have to be roommates with Lapis and Peridot for a while.

begone!!!

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Chill out. They're still waiting for their timeline's ToP to even begin, and God knows their over-reliance on fusion over training will get them in trouble.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Fusion is a terrible dead end technique and this tournament has proved that pretty conclusively.

4 guys beats 4 guys joined together every time.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
*Jasper angrily reviewing Kefla vs Goku on youtube* "Fusion is just a cheap trick to make weak saiyans stronger!"

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

bobjr posted:

If there was a Super filler episode where a minor DB character passed away or died in the past couple of years I wouldn't have been surprised.

Gohan and his dignity, every episode he's been in.

Remember that episode where he was beaten up by the Reddit mascot?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Latin America is Earth's greatest treasure.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Supposedly guy in blue is Yamoshi

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Wait does he not have a tail either.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Supposedly guy in blue is Yamoshi

Wow! He sure looks... a lot... like a Goku and Gohan fusion.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
If that is Yamoshi, then I guess he'll be showing up in Heroes pretty soon

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
There's zero indication that this guy is Yamoshi

I'm not saying he's not but the basis seems to be entirely "hey look a Saiyan it's gotta be Yamoshi"

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Blockhouse posted:

There's zero indication that this guy is Yamoshi

I'm not saying he's not but the basis seems to be entirely "hey look a Saiyan it's gotta be Yamoshi"

The basis is more "This is a new guy used on the key art for the newest DB Mobage"

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
He could be a create-a-character or a character made for the game

I don't know that I immediately jump to "big important new canon character" when I see a new video game box

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Blockhouse posted:

I don't know that I immediately jump to "big important new canon character" when I see a new video game box

When was the last time a create-a-character or a character made expressly for game was showcased on the box and/or Key art?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Blockhouse posted:

You probably should when it comes to DB when the movie's already announced and the current DB story is wrapping up this week.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

whats a yamoshi

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Ramadu posted:

whats a yamoshi

yamcha+yoshi fusion

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

yamcha+yoshi fusion

Their special move is to go back in time, fall in love and have a child which starts a crossbreed species called saiyan

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Ever since Yamoshi was mentioned, everything is Yamoshi surprise

Jiren is Yamoshi

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

You probably should when it comes to DB when the movie's already announced and the current DB story is wrapping up this week.

I am prepared to be wrong.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

It's one of like 4 mobile DB games coming out, it's nothing serious.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I'm Yamoshi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Mods change everyone in this thread to Yamoshi