Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kashuno posted:

They were both in standard blue

Ougher posted:

They both looked like regular blue to me, which brings the question if Vegeta could do blue 2 at will or not.

yeah after looking at it again on my PC instead of cast to my TV I think the color settings are just darker enough on the TV that it threw me off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
The Frieza purple and Goku yellow side by side to finish off Jiren was so satisfying.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Now to be hit with extreme sadness as I realize this series is over other than a movie for who knows how long

:negative:

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
That was a good ending

If you didn't get hype as gently caress when Goku and Frieza were doing combo bullshit what are you even doing here? Also Goku and Vegeta doing their original poses in the rocky wasteland together was the perfect ending.

They went with the ending we all knew they would, but they did it well, I forgive it, and 17 being the last man standing was at least the most surprising option of the least surprising path possible.

Super was...a land of contrasts. It's lowest points were probably the worst dragon ball stuff the studio has done, but I think its highest points were at the least on par with the best of Z and some were maybe even better.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
The only thing I don't get is why the Zenos were all "yeah we have to cull the universes....lol jk we knew the winner would try to wish them back". I wish there had been a line about them changing their mind

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
What a way to end it

17 being the loving MVP was glorious.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Super definitely has the lowest non-gt lows and the absolute highest highs

And the last few episodes have been up there at the very top

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

jivjov posted:

The only thing I don't get is why the Zenos were all "yeah we have to cull the universes....lol jk we knew the winner would try to wish them back". I wish there had been a line about them changing their mind
It's an asspull, plain and simple. Kind of like how Goku suddenly can't use Ultra Instinct anymore so future opponents actually stand a chance against him.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

jivjov posted:

I think it was just one big test. Like they said they'd just wipe everything if 17 said 'gently caress IT GIMMIE MY BOAT'. There wasn't a change of minds, it was always a test. It was just a really stupid, convoluted, needlessly cruel, test...because...Super...

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Those poor u6 namekians that fused for nothing.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

TheLoneStar posted:

It's an asspull, plain and simple. Kind of like how Goku suddenly can't use Ultra Instinct anymore so future opponents actually stand a chance against him.

Would have been better if there was a line either from Zeno or Grande Padre about "all those cool fighters are worth having around" or something

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

jivjov posted:

it’s just to make Zeno not look like an rear end in a top hat

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

jivjov posted:

Point is valid but it also now makes sense why they were so easily willing to take erasure out of the rules if Bergamo had been able to beat Goku.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!

sassassin posted:

Those poor u6 namekians that fused for nothing.

I literally just came here to post that.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Kashuno posted:

Super definitely has the lowest non-gt lows and the absolute highest highs

And the last few episodes have been up there at the very top

man I'd say Super's lows are even sub-gt lows. I will take literally ANY GT plot point over "Trunks needs to learn the evil sealing dance...ok he knows it now...woops forgot the jar nevermind"

But yea, really happy Super ended with the highs, because boy were they top level dragon ball stuff.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

So, I guess those six Universes Zen-Oh erased in the past are just hosed forever, huh?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
What else could they do? So many good/useful characters, they can't simply throw them out, if only for including them in future media. Tell me you don't wanna fight Anilaza, or play as Katobepas?

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Mar 25, 2018

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

sexpig by night posted:

man I'd say Super's lows are even sub-gt lows. I will take literally ANY GT plot point over "Trunks needs to learn the evil sealing dance...ok he knows it now...woops forgot the jar nevermind"

But yea, really happy Super ended with the highs, because boy were they top level dragon ball stuff.

That plot point ruled how can it be considered a low

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Wish we had actually seen 17's family, after how much they got talked about

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

sexpig by night posted:

Nappa coming back and Vegeta killing him without Nappa saying a single word isn’t even the lowest of GT and it’s lower than literally any moment in Super

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

sexpig by night posted:

I will take literally ANY GT plot point over

Hahahhahahah. You are funny. Trunks learning the Mafuba was the best.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Jiren being stoic for so long was boring but hyper-expressive Jiren creeps me out.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!

TheLoneStar posted:

So, I guess those six Universes Zen-Oh erased in the past are just hosed forever, huh?

There's definitely enough wiggle room in that wish for that.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
It's kinda funny to think that GT is probably non-canon just virtue of Best MVP Android 17 alone in Super in isolation.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Jiren being stoic for so long was boring but hyper-expressive Jiren creeps me out.

Heh, yeah, smiling Jiren is odd.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Bloodly posted:

What else could they do? So many good/useful characters, they can't simply throw them out, if only for including them in future media.

They could have had a whole new saga about our heroes trying to kill the angels & zenos and restore the fallen universes, like how the Namek Saga is about fixing what happened in the Saiyan one.

It's the natural escalation. Someone needs to pay for starting this sick game, and Goku needs to punch strong guys.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
lmao at people thinking anything in super is nearly as bad as the first 16 episodes or so of GT.

Go back and rewatch that garbage.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Dexo posted:

lmao at people thinking anything in super is nearly as bad as the first 16 episodes or so of GT.

Those episodes were Lost for a reason

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
So surprised goons have negativity to spread around post the hella good climax

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Dexo posted:

I mean, didn't Cartoon Network skip those episodes too?

That poo poo must have been dire.

AutumnDDP
Oct 23, 2016

Grimey Drawer
This was a pretty good finale. Predictable, but in the best way.

Freeza is going to be the main man in the next season and I'm really stoked for it.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

That part was great because it brought back the Mafuba's reoccurring trait of being the most terrifying experience ever, also didn't he learn it from watching a cellphone video of Piccolo doing it? which is a hilarious way to learn a powerful technique

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

AutumnDDP posted:

Freeza is going to be the main man in the next season and I'm really stoked for it.

It's going to be the U6 Saiyans, actually. :colbert:

Final fight was dope as hell, and that's all I needed to see.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

AutumnDDP posted:

This was a pretty good finale. Predictable, but in the best way.

I really, really, really, hope they do something cool about that.

If Frieza goes back to just being the evil emperor who got wrecked twice I'll be bummed. I'd really love a storyline where he gets trained as the next God of Destruction or something. Give him something to do other than make an army, enslave a planet, and get beamed to death for a third time.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Dexo posted:

I rewatched them and I recently binged Super up to the end of Black's arc and yeah, they're better.

Then again, DB has never been known about having stellar storytelling, I am also rewatching the original DB and is only until the moment RR enters the plot that it actually becomes interesting before that is just dull.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

It was a nice ending. Was that the boat from Bulma's birthday party at the beginning? Because that would be a nice callback.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ekusukariba posted:

That part was great because it brought back the Mafuba's reoccurring trait of being the most terrifying experience ever, also didn't he learn it from watching a cellphone video of Piccolo doing it? which is a hilarious way to learn a powerful technique

He did! I wish it actually went somewhere because yea that is a fun idea, but it was just a dumb filler bit mid-arc!

Minion of Freya
Jan 2, 2017
That wish was left so open that it could well have brought back Zamasu and the other previous deleted universes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

sexpig by night posted:

I really, really, really, hope they do something cool about that.

If Frieza goes back to just being the evil emperor who got wrecked twice I'll be bummed. I'd really love a storyline where he gets trained as the next God of Destruction or something. Give him something to do other than make an army, enslave a planet, and get beamed to death for a third time.

How is that different to being an evil emperor?