Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Ugh, another asspull new form. Could Toei's Yajirobe favoritism be any more transparent?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I know the Tournament of Power did a lot to show that any character can become top-tier, but it still feels weird to have Goku freak out about Chiaotzu's "overflowing ki" and then show Beerus' "List of Dangerous Mortals" and have Bandages the Mummy on there, tied with Vegeta.

If you're gonna boost a Dragonball guy - why go for Bandages? Is he even a mortal?

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

It was good to see Gohan jobbing again. Since he fused with Piccolo he's been way too overpowered.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

SatoshiMiwa posted:

The director of the first series was Dragon Ball Series director Daisuke Nishio and while some of the fights can be filler cause Magical Girls when you get to the main fights you get some serious action. Plus Nishio borrowed liberally from DBZ so the show is very fight oriented. It's also paced very much like Kamen Rider/Sentai than Sailor Moon since it more themed on friendship and Tragic Romance.

Also has scenes like

https://twitter.com/aers00/status/967552233649745920

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-8t8RZJRoE

And

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKR3YX4RfX0

And

https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/46825

And

https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/46802

And

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b19yWkHELRM

It seems that Close gets all the best fights in Princess Precure.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I keep reading "Dragon Ball AF" as "Dragon Ball As gently caress" and now I don't want to look up the actual meaning.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

there is none

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Meh I'm just happy my man Satan finally uncovered the shares Vegeta and Goku had in a mirror factory and exposed them for the frauds they are.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Stairmaster posted:

there is none

I suspect it has a very specific meaning.

Anyway, Garnet and Vegito fusing was nuts. Maybe a step too far? Decent theme song, though.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Showing everything from Yamcha's first person perspective was a bold choice, but only being able to see the ground for twenty minutes after he got immediately jobbed was clearly them just cutting corners on animating :rolleye:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

OB_Juan posted:

I suspect it has a very specific meaning.

it literally doesn't.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Nep-Nep posted:

I keep reading "Dragon Ball AF" as "Dragon Ball As gently caress" and now I don't want to look up the actual meaning.

that's how I've read it too

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
YOU KNOW WHAT WAS WEIRD TO ME, was when piccolo kept on saying, "here's your daily dose", like, yeah, I get the reference, but he just kept saying it and looking directly at the camera

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Huh, I had no idea that the guy behind the Bardock After and Goku Black vs SSJ4 Goku (among others) doujins was also the author of AF.

EDIT:

Oh it turns out there's two fan continuations going by AF, one of them authored by Toyotaro himself.

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Apr 2, 2018

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Does this thread have any artists? We might as well be writing a DragonBall AF of our own.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i did this on doodle or die once

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The show that replaced Super opened up with a youtuber live-streaming playing in traffic and then getting turned into a tree so maybe that time slot is just really good

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

i did this on doodle or die once

I remember this

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Zedd posted:

Meh I'm just happy my man Satan finally uncovered the shares Vegeta and Goku had in a mirror factory and exposed them for the frauds they are.

Gohan owns a dry ice business and that's where the smoke comes in.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

A Fancy Hat posted:

I know the Tournament of Power did a lot to show that any character can become top-tier, but it still feels weird to have Goku freak out about Chiaotzu's "overflowing ki" and then show Beerus' "List of Dangerous Mortals" and have Bandages the Mummy on there, tied with Vegeta.

If you're gonna boost a Dragonball guy - why go for Bandages? Is he even a mortal?

He was after Chiaotzu got through with him. Holy hell that fight was brutal.

Although having Mr. Satan go "No wires this time!" when he powerbombed Belmod through a table to keep him from interrupting seemed weird. Like, I get it, he's got that Scooby Doo bit where he figures out a fighter's real gimmick and exposes it, but he's never fought Belmod before. He's got no reason to know what tricks the guy normally uses, so the wires joke is weird from an in-universe prospective.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Joke has hit the ground harder than Yamcha.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Justin_Brett posted:

Joke has hit the ground harder than Yamcha.

To be fair it was never funny.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Zamasu was right, kill all ningens.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
You know who else wanted to kill NINGENS

Raditz

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Anyone else wonder if goku black and zamasu hosed?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
No, because we all know it happened.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Since Kai grow from fruits they almost definitely don't have genitals, but they found a way to gently caress absolutely 100%

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
For the kai sex is a kind of tea.

And serving coffee is basically buttsex.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lets be real, if alternate universe you showed up in Gokus body only Zeno is gonna stop you from takinng that evil hug to the next level.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Hm, two weeks after the end of Super we’ve all descended into madness

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Raserys posted:

YOU KNOW WHAT WAS WEIRD TO ME, was when piccolo kept on saying, "here's your daily dose", like, yeah, I get the reference, but he just kept saying it and looking directly at the camera

I appreciate this

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Saagonsa posted:

I remember this

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Carlosologist posted:

If that's not proof we need more Dragon Ball ASAP, I don't know what is.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Blaze Dragon posted:

The part where we form a hardend gang of park rangers and kill poachers with our bare hands.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
I really like the English Dub Zamasu. He has a cadence that flows elegantly. Excited to hear him get really over the top.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Blaze Dragon posted:

There will be more, in afew weeks when the next chapter comes out :)

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
One thing the manga has over the anime is that Tenshinhan at least gets knocked out by quasi Freezer with a direct attack instead of going down like a bitch sacrificing himself to take down an already defeated enemy

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

dr.acula posted:

There will be more, in afew weeks when the next chapter comes out :)

turns out that all the writers and artists quit and toei scrambled to find a suitable replacement in the newspaper spider-man crew

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Calaveron posted:

One thing the manga has over the anime is that Tenshinhan at least gets knocked out by quasi Freezer with a direct attack instead of going down like a bitch sacrificing himself to take down an already defeated enemy

The fact that getting taken down without accomplishing anything is an improvement says a lot about Tenshinhan.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Carlosologist posted:

The fact that it took this long is an achievement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
now that ive watched up to episode 46 dubbed (the most current, completed, dubbed arc) of DBS i am very close to starting GT :(