Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

z0331 posted:

She just follows and walks into me. :saddowns:

I'll try it outside maybe. Inside we only have one area she can tug because it has a large rug. She slips all over the place on the hardwood.

Yeah, if the dog can't get good grip, she probably isn't going to try pulling back.

Ainsley posted:

Does anyone have any experience with getting a custom painting done of their dog(s) from an etsy seller? After scratching my head for ages trying to think of something to get my maid of honor as a thank you, I struck gold with the idea of getting a painting done of our two dogs together, but there's a million custom painters on etsy, ranging from $20 to $hundreds, and it all feels a bit like walking past the guys offering caricatures on the boardwalk with a bunch of advertised "sample" drawings that they clearly just printed off of the internet. I don't mind paying in the $hundreds range (I'd prefer to pay more knowing I'm getting a really good work, rather than paying $20 and getting my picture thrown into photoshop, "sketch"-ied, and printed out onto crappy paper), but I feel like I remember someone talking about getting it done somewhere upthread and would love recommendations.

I would go to some of the local art galleries or even tattoo shops. These places are going to know artists that will take commissions with a variety of artistic style, so you can find the right kind and price, locally.

Phuzun fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Mar 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
I was gifted a watercolor of my old dog by this guy
http://marcuscolburn.com
And I love it.

I think he’s a goon too but I don’t remember for sure...

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
My puppy is 1.5 years old and was a rescue. been with us for almost a year. She is a high energy, very playful mutt of some type. Perhaps shitzu, havanese, terrier, or schnauzer we have no idea. We love our puppy alot but we both work and have to leave her at home while we go to the office. She always gets walked in the morning and i take her on about a 45min to 1 hour run every day after work up and down the beach to bleed off her energy but i still feel like late in the week she gets cooped up. Saturdays and Sundays we take her to the dog beach and every where with us so she does get out.

We are considering getting another tiny pupper to pair with her so she is not bored or sad during the day while we are gone. However, we live in a 1 bedroom apt that is about 900sqft...... if we keep the dog under 15lbs or so, is that too much? Kiki is about 10 and easy to get along with and live with.....

If ya'll think it is a good idea to get another pupper, whats the best way to introduce them and kind of get them to bond enough that we feel ok leaving them home alone together?

this is the first day we rescued her right after we got home from the shelter

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

How much does your dog like other dogs? My first dog is crazy friendly with other dogs and loves going to the dog park and playing with friends and families dogs. I don't know if she's ever met a dog she didn't want to play with.

We arranged for her to meet a dog at a shelter and they got along great so I adopted her a friend. The second dog loves the first dog but she's no so interested in other dogs. She'd probably be fine as an only dog.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Kiki loves other dogs and wants to play with everyone all the time until she drops from exhaustion

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
Does anyone have any suggestions on a good book to read about puppy having? My wife and I are on a good plot of land and our kids are finally old enough to be at a point where owning a dog is feasible, so we're thinking about starting the research process! I looked at the op and, while its a good resource, I didn't see any book selections on it.

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!

Ainsley posted:

Does anyone have any experience with getting a custom painting done of their dog(s) from an etsy seller? After scratching my head for ages trying to think of something to get my maid of honor as a thank you, I struck gold with the idea of getting a painting done of our two dogs together, but there's a million custom painters on etsy, ranging from $20 to $hundreds, and it all feels a bit like walking past the guys offering caricatures on the boardwalk with a bunch of advertised "sample" drawings that they clearly just printed off of the internet. I don't mind paying in the $hundreds range (I'd prefer to pay more knowing I'm getting a really good work, rather than paying $20 and getting my picture thrown into photoshop, "sketch"-ied, and printed out onto crappy paper), but I feel like I remember someone talking about getting it done somewhere upthread and would love recommendations.

I'm almost certain we have an SA goon that does pet portraits in watercolor, and they look really good. You might want to browse SA mart to find their thread.

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
Are there any games can I play with my dog while I run on the treadmill? (Running outside was a no-go today.)

He LOVES fetch and we usually play while I ride the exercise bike. Today he wouldn’t play fetch beforehand but as soon as I started running he was over in my business... I gave him a peanut butter Kong twice and that bought me 15 minutes each time. Besides shutting him out of the room, is there anything I can do with him?

Maybe a tray or something he could drop a ball into?

I hate shutting him out but I don’t always want to ride the bike :(

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Anyone have any ideas/recommendations for a type of sticky see-through material that I can put on windows to keep the doggie snot off the actual glass? I'm thinking kind of like those sticky screen protectors for cell phones, but big enough that I can trim it to fit exactly, and also not bigly expensive if possible. I also don't want it to be noticeable that it is there as much as possible.

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe

boop the snoot posted:

Anyone have any ideas/recommendations for a type of sticky see-through material that I can put on windows to keep the doggie snot off the actual glass? I'm thinking kind of like those sticky screen protectors for cell phones, but big enough that I can trim it to fit exactly, and also not bigly expensive if possible. I also don't want it to be noticeable that it is there as much as possible.

Would regular cling wrap work?

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
The term you want is "adhesive window film", I believe. Most of 'em are for privacy or sun-blocking though, and I'm guessing you want the window to still be see-through? Probably with enough searching you can find one that only blocks like 25% of incoming light or something.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
One of our dogs has “frito feet” (where her feet smell like corn chips due to yeast or something) which we are dealing with but our whole house stinks like Fritos now because of it. We have carpet. I’ve tried using carpet fresh and baking soda and neither worked. Anyone else had this problem and lived to tell about it?

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Any hot tips for transitioning a dog from having backyard access to apartment living? I think our only potty option will be a dog walker.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

Any hot tips for transitioning a dog from having backyard access to apartment living? I think our only potty option will be a dog walker.

Do you have a balcony? You can put turf or real grass down in the corner and let the doggo out there. Mine took right to it. She pees right on it.....and poops next to it ><

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

We do and I think you're onto something. Is a real grass subscription worth it? How often do you replace it?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I have no idea what a real grass subscription is I went to home Depot and got 3 sheets of grass plugs and Called it a day

Im planning on getting a piece of wood to seal the corner of the balcony, lay down plastic tarp, put dirt and fetilizer and put grass plugs or sod down

E: it lived for like 6 weeks and than I got lazy I need to redo it

foxatee
Feb 27, 2010

That foxatee is always making a Piggles out of herself.
Hoping to get a good resource for our current problem. A couple of months ago, our six month old puppy began doing this thing where he'd randomly snatch the leash and begin tugging at it almost aggressively. We thought he was just playing tug with the leash, but soon realized it only happened after running across the street or removing something from his mouth. So we stopped running across the street (now it's just a brisk walk), but cannot stop removing things from his mouth (specifically trash) for obvious reasons. But his behavior is no longer slightly irritating. He's now growling, clamps down on the trash, attempts to snatch it from us, and will sometimes bite my sleeve, gloves, or sweater when I won't give it back. Today when he couldn't get to me, he snatched my daughter's mitten off her hand. He's done this so often, he managed to rip the leash in two. I replaced it with a medium to lightweight chain.

He doesn't do this with his toys, ONLY the poo poo he finds on our walks. He's shown no aggression in any other situation, including play time with other dogs. I've tried bringing treats along with me to trade for the trash, but he smells the treats in my pocket and spends the entire walk trying to get to them. It makes for a very awkward walk. Any suggestions? I asked our old trainer about the leash snatching when he first started doing it and her response was to simply not let him have it? It just seemed to make him more frustrated. Having him do a sit worked for a very short while. Now it's like nothing gets through to him when he gets in this state. I'm hoping there's something I can do before we start looking for another trainer.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
That sounds tough, and I don't have any good ideas, beyond maybe giving him a toy to carry. I've seen dogs out on walks that have a tennis ball in their mouths, for example. I'd guess it gives them a job (i.e. something to focus on) that makes it harder for them to transition to unacceptable behaviors.

I will say that I'd guess this is the dog trying to assert more control over his life, which is something that happens from time to time as the dog ages (and IIRC mostly stops by the time the dog turns 2). In other words, he's chafing at having to be lead around on a leash, and wants more freedom (exactly what he shouldn't be allowed). As long as you firmly and consistently make it clear that you're the one in charge, he should eventually give up. Though he may still occasionally test the boundaries to see if you've changed your mind.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
My girlfriend is looking to adopt a terrier of some sort and it’s been tough. She got set on one but the agency adopted it out already and didn’t tell her for like 2 weeks. I feel it’s gonna be par for the course to deal with unprofessional cat lady types and classism (she rents, but has an emotional support prescription which isn’t completely BS)

We live in LA so i would have expected few problems getting a dog. Any tips on how to find adoption agencies that will work with us? What’s the typical adoption fee anyway? This one was like 350 bucks.

Primpin and Pimpin
Sep 2, 2011

skooma512 posted:

My girlfriend is looking to adopt a terrier of some sort and it’s been tough. She got set on one but the agency adopted it out already and didn’t tell her for like 2 weeks. I feel it’s gonna be par for the course to deal with unprofessional cat lady types and classism (she rents, but has an emotional support prescription which isn’t completely BS)

We live in LA so i would have expected few problems getting a dog. Any tips on how to find adoption agencies that will work with us? What’s the typical adoption fee anyway? This one was like 350 bucks.

http://www.laanimalservices.com/adopt/adoption-fees/?policy

Pick the shelter closest to your location. They have over 700 dogs available throughout all their locations, you can search by size and color. I think `other` and `small` got me the most amount of terriers. I'm sure you can work with shelter staff as well, in order to scope out terriers. Also, if you're worried about cost there is a maximum of $122 they are allowed to charge for a dog and this includes city licensing for one year.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Primpin and Pimpin posted:

Also, if you're worried about cost there is a maximum of $122 they are allowed to charge for a dog and this includes city licensing for one year.

Does that include spay/neuter and chipping?

Edit for off topic: My favorite "stupid" dog accessory purchase has been their LED collars. My dogs are brindle so they disappear at night. They wear them camping and any time they're outside at night, either in the yard or on a walk.

GoodBee fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Apr 4, 2018

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
usually

Primpin and Pimpin
Sep 2, 2011

GoodBee posted:

Does that include spay/neuter and chipping?

Edit for off topic: My favorite "stupid" dog accessory purchase has been their LED collars. My dogs are brindle so they disappear at night. They wear them camping and any time they're outside at night, either in the yard or on a walk.

Adoption fees include vaccinations, spaying/neutering and microchipping for dogs, cats and rabbits; and the first year City of LA license fee for dogs.

edit: wow and they also do a discount! "10 days or more pets $63.50 or $83.50 with license for dogs available for adoption 10 days or more and $50.50 for cats available for adoption 10 days or more."

foxatee
Feb 27, 2010

That foxatee is always making a Piggles out of herself.

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

That sounds tough, and I don't have any good ideas, beyond maybe giving him a toy to carry. I've seen dogs out on walks that have a tennis ball in their mouths, for example. I'd guess it gives them a job (i.e. something to focus on) that makes it harder for them to transition to unacceptable behaviors.

I will say that I'd guess this is the dog trying to assert more control over his life, which is something that happens from time to time as the dog ages (and IIRC mostly stops by the time the dog turns 2). In other words, he's chafing at having to be lead around on a leash, and wants more freedom (exactly what he shouldn't be allowed). As long as you firmly and consistently make it clear that you're the one in charge, he should eventually give up. Though he may still occasionally test the boundaries to see if you've changed your mind.

I'll try the toy. Occasionally we can distract him with a stick and he'll carry that along with him, but goddang this dog is picky about sticks.
I read somewhere that dogs can show guarding behavior over things they know they won't get back (in this case, the coveted trash) and others should try switching it with something else desirable (like the treats). I just don't want to accidentally teach him that getting the trash is a Good Thing because he will get rewarded with treats. It's a conundrum.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
I'm trying to figure out the best way to ask this, or if there's even a question vs just soliciting general feedback: are formerly feral dogs pretty much lost causes from a behavioral/mood standpoint?

My girlfriend has a 4-y.o. terrier that she picked up from the pound years ago because her kids fell in love with him at first sight (he's undeniably a cutie). His background's not entirely known, but he was out on the streets for some time before getting adopted. Turns out the dog has a stack of issues and clearly had a rough ride in his early years.

* He's generally OK with being pet/handled but has nasty spells and has bitten everyone my girlfriend and her two young daughters multiple times.
* He's triggered into aggressive behavior by certain colors; approach him while wearing anything predominantly red or black at your own risk, for example.
* If there's food of any kind nearby on a table etc he's likely to get protective and growl/snap at anyone who comes near (he also won't eat out of a bowl, will only eat his food if dumped on the ground in a pile).
* He won't allow himself to be groomed anywhere near his face, has nasty-rear end dreadlocks on his face/snout from eye boogers, but you seriously risk losing a finger if you try to do anything about em. Cleaners and vets alike say even a heavy sedative likely won't be enough, he's so strung out that he'll need full anaethesia to be cleaned. It sucks because we look like negligent pet owners having a dog with this crap on his face, but we're concerned the whole anaesthesia process will antagonize him even more.
* Is intermittently aggressive towards the other dog, an older (11 y.o.) terrier. They generally get along, but he'll bite and snap (the older terrier is absolutely chill/awesome and doesn't do anything obvious to provoke this stuff)

Needless to say, my girlfriend hates this little dog because he's such a prick, but she nonetheless feels responsible for him, and the kids still love him for all his faults. It's becoming even more of an issue because he continues to piss on table legs, couch corners etc to mark his territory. He's walked diligently and he's given outside time on a regular schedule; it appears to be entirely territorial. We just moved into a new house with gorgeous floors and a lot of new furniture and he's already causing problems. I was hoping/praying that a change of scenery might chill him out somewhat, but that's clearly not gonna happen.

Am I generally correct that ultimately there's very little to be done here with behavior so deeply-rooted? Either deal with it as best we can or just put him down as an act of mercy? (this is probably not happening, the kids would be heartbroken) He's not a complete trainwreck, he plays catch and enjoys being pet and is cool/fun maybe 70% of the time, but uyyy when he's nasty it suuuucks. Any thoughts/advice welcome. Thanks.

rivetz fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Apr 4, 2018

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

He certainly sounds like he has his issues and they're going to be a challenge to work through but I'm not sure any of us can say he's hopeless. If you want to help this pup, beyond giving him the big nap, you should look for a certified veterinary behaviorist. Dogs can get things like PTSD just like people and some need medication and specialized training to work through it. My dog has been on zoloft for almost 7 years now for generalized anxiety and it was a huge lifesaver. Vet behaviorists aren't cheap but they're cheaper than getting sued because your dog mauled someone.

z0331
Oct 2, 2003

Holtby thy name
How the hell do you teach a dog to drop a ball to play fetch when she seems to love nothing more than trotting around the yard like an idiot chewing on the ball? Even more than treats. Even if I have two balls and act like I'm going to throw the next one, she'll act like she wants me to throw, but won't drop the one in her mouth. And somehow I've inadvertently conditioned her because if she puts the ball down, and I say anything ("good," "drop," etc) she will immediately pick it back up. Moving toward her of course means "chase me!"

She'll even run up to me and sort of touch her nose to my hand with the other ball and then run off. Or she'll drop the ball somewhere, push it a few inches with her nose, and pick it back up as if she's trying to play fetch with herself. Or she'll drop it into some brush to make it semi difficult to pick back up and then go after it.

It's gotten really frustrating because I want to use fetch to tire her out in the morning but if we're out there for 20 minutes, it's possible I'll successfully throw the ball maybe twice.

Even worse, she has some kind of allergy and we need to start food trials, so we won't even be able to give her treats for at least like two months once that starts, and she really couldn't give a poo poo about kibble. :negative:

Edit: She even at one point seemed to favor one ball over the other - if I threw the one she didn't care about as much, she'd actually run back and drop it and look at the other one. It took me way too long to figure out why it seemed she'd only drop every other throw. I tried to throw only the one she didn't like as much but that sort of turned into her just clamping on to that one.

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

How do I stop my puppy from whining at night?

He's pooped and peed, fed, exercised, and put in his crate. He has a couple toys with him and one or two treats hidden in his blanket. Every night, though, two hours after we fall asleep the whining kicks in. He's about 10 weeks old, if that helps

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
You have a baby who's recently been removed from his family, it's no wonder he's crying. But if you reward the whining (e.g. by giving the dog attention), then he'll learn to continue to whine in exchange for rewards. So your best bet is to just ignore it. He should settle down and go to sleep eventually.

I guess you might try giving him a hot water bottle at the time you put him in his crate for the night. It might help comfort him enough to forestall the whining. But he might also decide to use it as a chew toy and soak his crate. And the water bottle can easily get established as normal, meaning you'd have to do it every single night.

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!
How can you tell if it's a good idea for you to get your dog a friend/partner?

My dog lives outside, but we bring her in at night to sleep indoors in her crate. We have a HUGE backyard, that she roams and plays in throughout the day. But it's just her, and sometimes I feel like she's lonely, or could use a partner. She's never by herself for more than 8 hours while I'm at work, but during that time, and maybe on days where I'm real busy, I don't think she's getting enough stimulation by herself to be as happy as she could?

We spend lots of time together, but there's also lots of time where she's the only dog around. My dog doesn't dislike other dogs, but she doesn't really love other dogs either. When I take her to the dog park, she's always a scared Scooby-doo for the first 10 minutes. It takes other dogs coming around and being friendly to get her to open up. But then, everything is great and she plays around.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
My 9 year old dog has been sick and not eating since last night. He's going to the vet on Monday if he's still sick then, but is there anything we can do for him in the meanwhile? He looks miserable but I have no idea what, specifically, is wrong with him.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Sucrose posted:

My 9 year old dog has been sick and not eating since last night. He's going to the vet on Monday if he's still sick then, but is there anything we can do for him in the meanwhile? He looks miserable but I have no idea what, specifically, is wrong with him.

Has he been vomiting or is he just lethargic?

A question of my own, my pup is a little over a year now, has been super friendly with all dogs up until the past month or so, now he gets aggressive with dogs that are larger than him, even ones he previously played with, what can I do to stop/curb this behavior? We haven't had an issue at dog parks, yet, but with warm weather coming in the next month or two, we want to go to the dog beach and I'm afraid there will be an issue.

Blinkman987
Jul 10, 2008

Gender roles guilt me into being fat.
I'm beyond stressed.

The new dog, 8 year old male boston terrier mix, came to me a little less than a month ago. I wasn't made aware of a torn ligament in his knee until I received his vet paperwork and was going through it before I took him to the local vet. He arrived at the shelter obese, nearly 30 lbs when he should be 21 (currently at 26), so we're working through getting him some weight loss. A few days ago, he started limping. It started out of nowhere. He was fine in the weeks before, and after speaking to his foster mom this weekend, he didn't have any limping problems for the month or so she had him. I took him to the vet and he was prescribed anti-inflammatory as well as rest. His limp is touch and go, but today is especially bad. Usually he'll try to walk on it and I'll then make him get back into bed. Today he's not even trying. He can't even put his weight on the leg to pee on bushes. The one consolation is that he doesn't seem to be in pain.

I looked into surgery and well, he'd have to lose 5 lbs first to even get to the proper weight. And then we're talking around $2,800 for the surgery (maybe even more). And a likelihood that he'll need the surgery on the other knee at some point. And some significant percentage chance that the first surgery won't even be successful.

I guess my questions are:

Does his limp have a realistic chance to get better to where it's manageable without surgery? It's been 3 days now, but my vet recommended waiting a few weeks.
What's the general opinion on knee surgery on an 8 year old dog that has a 2 or 3/6 heart murmur?
What the hell are we supposed to do while we wait for him to lose 5 lbs?
What if we don't get surgery? I feel so bad for him in his current state. A life of laying around and limping to the food bowl doesn't seem right.
I feel pretty frustrated at the rescue not disclosing the torn knee ligament until I had him in my home for about a week and only learning about it when I was preparing his documents for his first vet visit. They had certainly shared his small heart murmur problem. I feel like they should cover the cost of the surgery or help or do something. Is that reasonable?

I love this little guy, but gently caress MAN. gently caress.

Blinkman987 fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Apr 9, 2018

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Coming THIS SUMMER, the sequel you’ve all demanded!

Warbird stars in: ”Hey, could you watch our dog while we’re overseas for 6 weeks?” 2: Spoiled Cockapoo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvM8F4rgl5I

Warbird fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Apr 10, 2018

dracky
Nov 8, 2010

bamhand posted:

I was in your exact situation when I got my dog. Except I got a big dog (greyhound). He just stays in the crate during the day and I let him out and walk him when I get home. He was super interested in the cat when I got him but now they mostly ignore each other. You can ask the shelter for a dog that does well with cats and just be careful with introductions and don't leave them alone in the same room for at least a couple months.

Also greyhounds come crate trained and are essentially 70 pound cats that sleep 16 hours a day so they're well suited for apartments and people working 9-5. They're fantastic beginner dogs. Something to consider if you're not wedded to them idea of a small dog.

Coming in late but I have read up on greyhounds and they seem like a really good fit, the only worry is the cat can dart around when he's excited and might look like a tempting thing to chase. I suppose it depends on the dog though and how they're introduced.
There is a greyhound rescue doing an event nearby soon, I'm gonna go and ask some questions and possibly fill out an application. :3:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Warbird posted:

Coming THIS SUMMER, the sequel you’ve all demanded!

Warbird stars in: ”Hey, could you watch our dog while we’re overseas for 6 weeks?” 2: Spoiled Cockapoo

https://youtu.be/vvM8F4rgl5I

Yessss I love your dog stories

I hope this involves less property destruction for your sake tho

Warbird
May 23, 2012

This little poo poo is more drop-kickable than fuckface (who may possibly make a guest appearance). He's spoiled beyond saving though; his current owner cooks him meals. All his meals. This will not be occuring in the Burd household. He's an alright little dude though and it will be nice to have another dog around for the hound to play with.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Warbird posted:

This little poo poo is more drop-kickable than fuckface (who may possibly make a guest appearance). He's spoiled beyond saving though; his current owner cooks him meals. All his meals. This will not be occuring in the Burd household. He's an alright little dude though and it will be nice to have another dog around for the hound to play with.

Oh my god and I thought I was a softie 'cause I give my Apollo pieces of my clementines when I have 'em.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

It’s the family’s/wife’s first dog ever and it was gotten shortly after the oldest daughter went off to college. Empty nest syndrome all day erry day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

dracky posted:

Coming in late but I have read up on greyhounds and they seem like a really good fit, the only worry is the cat can dart around when he's excited and might look like a tempting thing to chase. I suppose it depends on the dog though and how they're introduced.
There is a greyhound rescue doing an event nearby soon, I'm gonna go and ask some questions and possibly fill out an application. :3:

Best of luck! There's also a greyhound specific thread if you have any questions. Mine will occasionally run after my cat and then just sniff her a bunch while she gives an irritated meow. Just be slow with introductions and remember it's generally normal for the dog to be interested in the cat when they meet. Also they will generally come with muzzles if they're from the track and will be accustomed to wearing one. So that's an extra level of protection for you until you're sure everyone is getting along.