Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
If Universe 9 becoming an extension of the Frieza Force means all Trio De Dangers are expected to wear pants, then I'm all for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

If Universe 9 becoming an extension of the Frieza Force means all Trio De Dangers are expected to wear pants, then I'm all for it.

You know they'll pick the booty shorts.

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013

Rutibex posted:

This is the last we see of Universe 9. Notice how everything is on fire, and their Supreme Kai and most of the fighters are frowning. It is safe to assume Universe 9 still sucks, and this shot may actually be them looking at the ruins of that destroyed city:

I see at least five fursonas, one dragonsona, one original characater do not steal TM, and their GOD is a bad remediation of Gimli.
This is the fanart universe and must be erased.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Rudoku posted:

You know they'll pick the booty shorts.

Still preferable to pantless hobo chic.

I'd say that maybe some of that Ginyu Force style and panache will rub off on them, but they're all dead.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Rutibex posted:

Dragonball is based on Journey to the West and Goku is basically Sun Wukong the Monkey King. An important part of Journey West is Sun Wukong loving with the Gods and eventually becoming a god himself:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Wukong#Havoc_in_Heaven

Didn't Goku already kinda technically ascend to godhood back in Dragonball (when he could have been Kami)?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

mycot posted:

Didn't Goku already kinda technically ascend to godhood back in Dragonball (when he could have been Kami)?

Yeah its not a straight copy, Dragonball is only really inspired by Journey West. But I found this part interesting, Sun Wukong when he is rampaging though heaven beats guy called Nezah. Who is Nezah? He's a "child like" big shot god whose official title is "Marshal of the Central Altar". Does that sound like anyone in Dragonball Super? Nezah is a big fan of rings incidentally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OhkifRyIyA

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Apr 10, 2018

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exEhQdSuAF0

Add this to OP please

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

SirKibbles posted:

You have to be the no doubt strongest to be King and Goku keeps pulling power ups out of his rear end.

Isn't Vegeta at this point stronger than Goku since he has the ssgssb2 which would be theoretically stronger than ssgssbkk

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Calaveron posted:

Isn't Vegeta at this point stronger than Goku since he has the ssgssb2 which would be theoretically stronger than ssgssbkk

I think they're supposed to be equal now with Prince of Sparkles topping out around the level of SSJB Kaioken X 20

Though apparently nothing is stronger than Freeza and Goku fighting together, not even Jiren

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Burkion posted:

I think they're supposed to be equal now with Prince of Sparkles topping out around the level of SSJB Kaioken X 20

Though apparently nothing is stronger than Freeza and Goku fighting together, not even Jiren

Truly, nothing is stronger than the power of friendship and the keikakus of kawaii nakamas

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Burkion posted:

To be fair, I got the impression that Jiren was just as exhausted as everyone else during the finale.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Oh yeah, just apparently Goku and Freeza actually fighting together IS a dangerous loving thing.

Goku and Vegeta fighting together against Jiren when they were all fresh threw Jiren for a loop but never to the point where they could get much traction.

Goku and Freeza rocked Jiren a few times through superior teamwork. Clearly, Vegeta and Goku just don't hate each other enough

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
To be even more fair if Jiren had just bothered to actually try at any point other than the last 2 minutes he could have ringed out Goku a dozen times over.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I feel like prince of all sparkles is more like the super saiyan 1.5 thing from the cell saga but who knows

jiren was pretty weak by the time goku and freeza fought him. they were surprisingly well coordinated tho for sure

Pureauthor posted:

To be even more fair if Jiren had just bothered to actually try at any point other than the last 2 minutes he could have ringed out Goku a dozen times over.

it's pretty silly that jiren could have taken out everyone in the first 5 minutes of the tournament if he'd felt like it

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
honestly, i think it's that Frieza and Goku aren't rivals. if they're working together, there is absolutely no time for bullshit, they want to get poo poo done and then get far loving away from each other. meanwhile if Vegeta and Goku are working together, they're basically constantly dicking around because they actually like being around each other in spite of the poo poo they throw back and forth.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Pureauthor posted:

If he did that Zeno would have erased him on the spot for ruining the show.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

honestly, i think it's that Frieza and Goku aren't rivals. if they're working together, there is absolutely no time for bullshit, they want to get poo poo done and then get far loving away from each other. meanwhile if Vegeta and Goku are working together, they're basically constantly dicking around because they actually like being around each other in spite of the poo poo they throw back and forth.

Even then, I don't think it's them liking being around each other so much that they each bring the best out of the other, in the most literal way

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
But they like it when that happens so I guess in a sense they do like being around each other

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

They're Frenemies but the other way round and there's probably not a word for it so Eneriends?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

It's because Vegeta is a baby who can never let go of his ego enough to cooperate with his arch-rival!! even when the fate of the universe is at stake, Goku doesn't give a gently caress which is why he immediately breaks into perfectly synchronised moves with his greatest, evilest enemy when the need arises

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

multijoe posted:

It's because Vegeta is a baby who can never let go of his ego enough to cooperate with his arch-rival!! even when the fate of the universe is at stake, Goku doesn't give a gently caress which is why he immediately breaks into perfectly synchronised moves with his greatest, evilest enemy when the need arises

Vegeta getting into it and cheering Kakarotto on in the second to last episode was incredibly cool and good

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Frieza has ego but not overwhelming pride. He doesn't like to lose but he doesn't care much how he wins as long as he wins. He'll totally cheat or lie or bullshit if he has to and the only reason he didn't was because he was top dog. He wants to be top dog and if he's comfortable will ego it the gently caress up but if he's not he'll get a minion to gank you or blow up the planet. So it makes sense that he'd have no problem working with Goku because that is what lets him win. He won't like it but he'll do it.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
This is neat:

https://twitter.com/AnimeAjay/status/983521027182546945

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

let Yuya Takahashi do the whole of DBUltra

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Takahashi is soooo loving good

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
So why come Gohan's super saiyan form is worse compared to his mystic form, shouldn't he be able to combine both

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Calaveron posted:

So why come Gohan's super saiyan form is worse compared to his mystic form, shouldn't he be able to combine both

Mystic Form allows him to access his full power without any flashy or tiring transformations. He could go Super Saiyan but it wouldn't actually do anything besides change his hair color.

It wasn't even supposed to be a transformation at first.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Calaveron posted:

Stay tuned for Ultimate Super Saiyan Gohan.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR0A-OLVaig
I seriously need to make this my morning alarm
How do I get this into my ipad

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I like how Gohan's bang appears and disappears depending on who draws him

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

yamcha's his stun double and that's how you tell when he's in the scene

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I was looking at some old posts at random and

Blue Star posted:

The writers of DBS dont give a flying gently caress about him, thats what happened. And thats pretty much it. Same with Gohan and all the rest of the other characters who arent Goku or Vegeta. Maybe they kinda like 17, just a little bit.

Wow, this episode sucked. When Vegeta was falling out of the ring and suddenly stopped, my heart leapt because i thought it was because Freeza caught him and then maybe he and Vegeta would have a little moment. Failing that, maybe 17 was the one that caught him and the surprise was that 17 actually survived (and the gods and angels didn't know it because they can't sense his ki). But nope, instead we got literally nothing. Literally nothing caught Vegeta, his boot just got caught on the rocks. And then Vegeta has a generic "I refuse to lose!" moment and then LOL, he's out.

So now Goku has another new form and its basically Super Saiyan but with white hair, and this fight is going to play out like every other fight where Goku suddenly turns the tables because of a new transformation or power-up or whatever he pulls out of his rear end. How exciting. Maybe its a good thing for this series to just loving end. The writers havent done poo poo with any of the characters or ideas. I'm not even talking about Freeza, but all the characters. What a waste.

edited to add:

Like i understand that Goku is the shonen protagonist so of course it was always going to come down to him vs Jiren, and of course its going to involve a new power-up or some poo poo. But goddamn, they didn't do ANYTHING different, at all. Everything played out in the most boring way possible.

How wrong was this guy

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

Spiritus Nox posted:

It was bothering the hell out of me.

There’s an NBA rookie who had a similar bang and his twitter profile pic was Gohan. No coincidence.

E:
https://twitter.com/calebswanigan50/status/900489857398603776?s=21

zelah fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Apr 11, 2018

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBXuY5EVTfw

full soundtrack if anyone was interested

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Calaveron posted:

I was looking at some old posts at random and

actually it probably would have been badass if a half-dead and immobilized android 17 had caught vegeta and they have a brief moment without any dialouge and then vegeta gets up and delivers a speech about his friends and comrades.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Spiritus Nox posted:

The bang indicates if he is mystic or not.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

The bang indicates if he is mystic or not.

which is stupid bc he had his bang before mystic form

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

the bang extends from a hole in his forehead like a xenomorph mouth

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLo9iRpkeRY

i cant stop laughing

cockarott lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU