Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn4FU0rIKeY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Ramadu posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLo9iRpkeRY

i cant stop laughing

cockarott lmao

i'm here for vagin buu

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

https://youtu.be/xgnP2Q89pGY

Dragon Ball online is finally coming over.

Oh wait it's old I didn't even know.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

RBX posted:

https://youtu.be/xgnP2Q89pGY

Dragon Ball online is finally coming over.

Oh wait it's old I didn't even know.

It's also not that great, real by the numbers MMO from what I played. Enjoyment is almost entirely derived by how in love you are with the material.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Why now, when Dragon Ball online's ideas have been stripmined for Xenoverse and Heroes? It still treats GT as canon and, while at least actually letting you go back to DB times, is before the Age of Beerus.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Crabtree posted:

Why now, when Dragon Ball online's ideas have been stripmined for Xenoverse and Heroes? It still treats GT as canon and, while at least actually letting you go back to DB times, is before the Age of Beerus.

because it's dragon ball

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Crabtree posted:

It's a private server, not an official release.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

It's a private server, not an official release.

And it isn't being attacked by lawyers?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Crabtree posted:

Theres quite a few private servers out there for lots of games. I played Vanilla Everquest on a private server a few years ago and Vanilla WOW a few months ago. I dont know why I bothered, all it did was remind me why I never liked those games when they were new.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
ways back but i agree that i really like jiren. his motivation makes a lot of sense to me and he was a really great mirror to goku who, also, has a cast of friends consisting primarily of people he has beaten up or been stronger than in the past.

but goku represents that zen ideal of living in the moment and jiren is stuck in the past throughout the end of the tournament. the difference in that changed everything for them

(remember goku also had an evil doer that he tried to beat, that killed his master, etc.)

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

tbp posted:

ways back but i agree that i really like jiren. his motivation makes a lot of sense to me and he was a really great mirror to goku who, also, has a cast of friends consisting primarily of people he has beaten up or been stronger than in the past.

but goku represents that zen ideal of living in the moment and jiren is stuck in the past throughout the end of the tournament. the difference in that changed everything for them

(remember goku also had an evil doer that he tried to beat, that killed his master, etc.)

I mean the monster who killed his master, his best friend, and took over the world for a while and then later killed him is now his grandchild's godfather, the guy who was responsible for a whole lot of deaths and nearly beat him to death is married to essentially his sister and the guy who murdered a ridiculous amount of people including his best friend again and then also destroyed the earth but thankfully it didn't stick just helped him save all of reality

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

So the Tournament of Power was essentially a big ol joke assuming someone makes a selfless wish in the end, so what about Toppo? I guess hes just stuck as a GoD now? And what about all those faceless Nameks that fused with the two U6 representitives? I guess theyre all just stuck together now, all for a big ol joke. U4 started to fuckin riot and thier GoD had to vaporize a whole city.

The dragonballs are gonna be working overtime for a while.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Meme Emulator posted:

So the Tournament of Power was essentially a big ol joke assuming someone makes a selfless wish in the end, so what about Toppo? I guess hes just stuck as a GoD now? And what about all those faceless Nameks that fused with the two U6 representitives? I guess theyre all just stuck together now, all for a big ol joke. U4 started to fuckin riot and thier GoD had to vaporize a whole city.

As far as we know u7 is the only universe with dragonballs and u7 and 6 are the only known universes with namekians so yeah

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Meme Emulator posted:

Real answer: gently caress them

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Calaveron posted:

As far as we know u7 is the only universe with dragonballs and u7 and 6 are the only known universes with namekians so yeah

Didn't champa mention offhand that u6 has regular dragonballs too?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Meme Emulator posted:

They were rear end in a top hat universes that were gonna be erased but Goku taught the Zenos that you make friends by punching people so they decided to have all the rear end in a top hat universes punch each other to become friends, or else he erased for still being assholes.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Saagonsa posted:

Didn't champa mention offhand that u6 has regular dragonballs too?

They have namekians so I'm sure they could make some dragonballs.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Rutibex posted:

They have namekians so I'm sure they could make some dragonballs.

had

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I dont think every single namekian fused up, just the ones that wanted to

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Meme Emulator posted:

I dont think every single namekian fused up, just the ones that wanted to

I think every single namekian fused up because every single namekian wanted to because the namekians knew the stakes

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

goku genocided the namekian race

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

*Gohan

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Calaveron posted:

I mean the monster who killed his master, his best friend, and took over the world for a while and then later killed him is now his grandchild's godfather, the guy who was responsible for a whole lot of deaths and nearly beat him to death is married to essentially his sister and the guy who murdered a ridiculous amount of people including his best friend again and then also destroyed the earth but thankfully it didn't stick just helped him save all of reality

yeah, it's a really interesting mirror to me. because jiren is obsessed with those past events of his (just assume he has his own picollo or some poo poo) it consumes him and makes him lead by pure power example. he doesn't even recognize or work with his teammates.

because goku doesn't care about that, and is forgiving and lives in the moment, he's able to forgive anyone who repents and works with him. it's what won them the tournament.

i really like the mirror image they have going on. i've said it before but jiren really is like, the FIRST subtly characterized character in DB

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME

Calaveron posted:

I think every single namekian fused up because every single namekian wanted to because the namekians knew the stakes

Nah, they say "many". I don't think absorbing the Elder/Guardian would make sense, or even any Dragon Clan guys because presumably they wouldn't add much to the combat skills. This is also Dragon Ball and there's always a reset button, they definitely still have dragon balls/the ability to make them.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Stairmaster posted:

Again?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

EGSunBro posted:

Nah, they say "many". I don't think absorbing the Elder/Guardian would make sense, or even any Dragon Clan guys because presumably they wouldn't add much to the combat skills. This is also Dragon Ball and there's always a reset button, they definitely still have dragon balls/the ability to make them.

It cracks me up how that guy wears gloves and loses his arms many times and there's always a shot of him replacing the glove on his new hand

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Also considering King Piccolo was able to produce Jr, those two could probably make new Namekians at the very least.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Momomo posted:

Also considering King Piccolo was able to produce Jr, those two could probably make new Namekians at the very least.

I mean if they love each other very much

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Lmao

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Rewatching dbz(abridged) and man remember when it was a big loving deal when someone got punched into a mountain
Also Vegeta could shoot fire
And the galick gun/kamehameha beam struggle is still the loving coolest beam struggle in the entire series

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Calaveron posted:

It cracks me up how that guy wears gloves and loses his arms many times and there's always a shot of him replacing the glove on his new hand

When you got the Clothes Beam, you will use it as many times you can.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Meme Emulator posted:

The whole "Psyche! It was a joke all this time!" felt like it was a last minute addition to make U7 winning not seem like the bad guys won. Though that might just be because I expected them to do more with the whole loser universes get erased angle instead of sweeping it quietly under the rug and playing the tournament completely straight.

Wellwinds
Mar 20, 2010

Calaveron posted:

"Namekian with gloves" is the best character design joke

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Crabtree posted:

almost certainly will be considering theyre accepting real money for cash shop poo poo & funi goes after every lovely dragonball game on byond

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Did Frost get brought back with U6?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Meme Emulator posted:

Did Frost get brought back with U6?

yes

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

amigolupus posted:

The whole "Psyche! It was a joke all this time!" felt like it was a last minute addition to make U7 winning not seem like the bad guys won. Though that might just be because I expected them to do more with the whole loser universes get erased angle instead of sweeping it quietly under the rug and playing the tournament completely straight.

Nah. It genuinely makes perfect sense.

Almost the entirety of the ToP arc is the U7 opponents becoming better and more capable through their interactions with the U7 people. You can chart (for most characters) a change in their behavior either by fighting or watching U7. "U7 wins because they choose to improve others instead of themselves" also fits with Super's ongoing theme about Goku being really happy to see others improve and succeed, not just himself, and which (in theory) leads to the sensible outcome of him becoming a teacher for Uub.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
The universes getting erased was never a joke? Them getting destroyed was very real and if 17 had wished for anything else, they would have gotten erased too and that would be the end of it. The idea was that if the winner was a good person like they were expecting, then all the universes would be back, but not because the Zenos did it.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
People have trouble literally reading the TEXT of a kids' show, because it's not even like that was just eluded to, Grande Padre outright says "yeah, we thought the winner would do this, otherwise EVERYONE WOULD GET DELETED."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

ImpAtom posted:

Nah. It genuinely makes perfect sense.

Almost the entirety of the ToP arc is the U7 opponents becoming better and more capable through their interactions with the U7 people. You can chart (for most characters) a change in their behavior either by fighting or watching U7. "U7 wins because they choose to improve others instead of themselves" also fits with Super's ongoing theme about Goku being really happy to see others improve and succeed, not just himself, and which (in theory) leads to the sensible outcome of him becoming a teacher for Uub.

While I agree, U7 itself improves through the Tournament. Goku completely abandons his ego and reaches levels beyond even the gods! Vegeta's feeling towards those he loves get even stronger! 17 leaves his materialism behind and embraces becoming a saviour! Freeza almost becomes a genuinely good person!