Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
wow good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Mux posted:

So for anyone who cares, the CEO, Bercilak, was internally fired or quit. No public announcements yet, but the CEO has been confirmed to have changed to Robin Henkys (https://albiononline.com/en/imprint). I never really liked Bercilak once he started bashing/down talking content creators, essentially removing any Youtube and Twitch publicity for the game. I have no idea if this is a good or bad thing for the development side of the game, however.

I think removing the Bercdozer is sadly good. He is a very, very driven and talented guy that sometimes drives over his friends. I also think Robin inheriting the company is also sad. Robin is not a CEO, and he is best suited as a designer/balanacer.

here's to 2018 I guess

also

:chord:

e: robin if you read this hire a CEO thanks and you are a p good dev and guy imo

FireWhizzle fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Apr 7, 2018

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
it is as the prophecies foretold :wooper:

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Russian tax evasion scheme has finally run it's course.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
wow maybe if they put more time into developing their game and not shilling and trying to control all the gaming websites and reddit they'd have a game that lasted more than 3 months

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
are goons still playing this, is this a good place to come to donate money to archersnon for the poker table

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Stefan Prodan posted:

are goons still playing this, is this a good place to come to donate money to archersnon for the poker table

Yes, we're still playing, mostly just ZvZing and ganking 10v1 in true EQMS fashion -- RIP Archersnon though... he's gone back to trying to beg for money on UO freeshards.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Berc still loving dumb imo

Mux
Aug 4, 2010

"I want to become a monk...bye bye Glut."

:stare:

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FormerFatty posted:

Yes, we're still playing, mostly just ZvZing and ganking 10v1 in true EQMS fashion -- RIP Archersnon though... he's gone back to trying to beg for money on UO freeshards.

we should all do this en masse

meat and teeth

Neltharak
Jun 7, 2013

I heard i could be a dick in this game

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Neltharak posted:

I heard i could be a dick in this game

killing people and making them upset will never get old for me:

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I wanted to like this game but all I wanted to do was chop wood, but the good wood is in the full pvp zones so I guess it's just not my kind of game in the end.

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006
Begging for a trial key. In as GameSeemsHard.

gepgepgep fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Apr 29, 2018

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

clone on the phone posted:

I wanted to like this game but all I wanted to do was chop wood, but the good wood is in the full pvp zones so I guess it's just not my kind of game in the end.

Whats wrong with gathering in PVP zones?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

FormerFatty posted:

I would say ask the rest of the server but you don't have a large enough sample size for a statistically relevant study

Hako
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Logged into this game just to see what it was like now. When even Caerleon is dead you know the game is dead. Ask one of the 4 twitch streamers if the game is dead and look at a case study of rampant denial in action.

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live
this game is dead rear end dead, b

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Yay but can I still grind for my 5v5 moba?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

BadLlama posted:

Yay but can I still grind for my 5v5 moba?

indeed! fighting 100% of the game population at one time is very rewarding :v:

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Kimsemus posted:

indeed! fighting 100% of the game population at one time is very rewarding :v:

don't there need to be 2 people to classify as a fight?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

FormerFatty posted:

I wanna chop trees not dudes

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

BadLlama posted:

Berc still loving dumb imo

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
I stopped following this game after the 20billiontieth alpha where nothing improved. Did it get good yet? Or is it still a korean style grind fest with poor territory mechanics?

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Budgie posted:

I stopped following this game after the 20billiontieth alpha where nothing improved. Did it get good yet? Or is it still a korean style grind fest with poor territory mechanics?

https://clips.twitch.tv/StormyFaithfulDootTwitchRPG

Nothing like making people die/cry... grind is better as is performance -- territories still stupid but also not really important.

vermeul
Sep 14, 2014

Free Acid
Game is out on steam great time to join up with us to cuck people

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Got Albion on Steam tonight. It brings back so much nostalgia of Ultima Online but with lots of quality of life improvements and mechanics that actually make sense.

Chucullinn
Dec 9, 2008
How dead is this game and is it worth playing if you can only dedicate a few hours a week to it? I played this back in open beta and they kept pushing the release back and burnt out on it early enough.

slutcannon
Jan 18, 2005

Saw this on steam so reinstalling to try to pvp and give up after 10min.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Chucullinn posted:

is it worth playing if you can only dedicate a few hours a week to it?

the best amount of time to dedicate to this game is zero

serious answer: the grind is incredible. I N C R E D I B L E. On a level on par with the worse korean MMOs

also unless you poopsock enjoy never being a part of meaningful content beyond shoveling gear into your chief spergs

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
if you have a large group of friends willing to give you everything, the grind is still maplestory tier bad. good news tho is you can spend usd and trade it for silver to buy combat exp tomes with. there's also a poo poo load of idiots on every forum about this game rushing to defend this as TOTALLY NOT P2W guys

but after you do the grind or pay your way in, the pvp is mediocre to good. its cheapened by the fact that all gear is easily replaced except for some of the enchanted poo poo

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Chucullinn posted:

How dead is this game and is it worth playing if you can only dedicate a few hours a week to it? I played this back in open beta and they kept pushing the release back and burnt out on it early enough.

We go out in squads of 8-15 every day and night on wolves and just gank people 10v3 until we get a skirmish and have a zvz... its usually about 40 or 50 kills a night.

What you liked in darkfall this game has for you -- open world fun. The grind isnt necessary for anything other than competitve 5v5ing and with the way people fame now, you can get to gvg ready in 2-3 weeks of casual but focused grinding.

p.s.

In the 3 mins it took to reply to this post, we got a kill

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
Someone able to hook me and my boy Solasi up with a guild invite? We applied to Awful Company and stopped in Discord.

Dirty Needles
Jul 3, 2008
I'm in the Discord as Coinenach and in game as Orgrimmir.

Are the pubbies this insufferable in other games? Global chat is a train wreck.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

this game is really really dead, it was hard enough as is to find people to kill when it was freshly launched, but the fact there is nothing really driving people into the pvp zones in the first place, and anything they can get can be got with zero gear investment pretty much negates the whole point of the game.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

this game is really really dead, it was hard enough as is to find people to kill when it was freshly launched, but the fact there is nothing really driving people into the pvp zones in the first place, and anything they can get can be got with zero gear investment pretty much negates the whole point of the game.

Seems like everyone is on DAoC to prepare for the upcoming Camelot Unchained beta, and trading in their Albion Online ipads for a mouse and keyboard

sailormoon
Jun 28, 2014

fighting evil by moonlight
winning love by daylight

FormerFatty posted:

We go out in squads of 8-15 every day and night on wolves and just gank people 10v3 until we get a skirmish and have a zvz... its usually about 40 or 50 kills a night.

What you liked in darkfall this game has for you -- open world fun. The grind isnt necessary for anything other than competitve 5v5ing and with the way people fame now, you can get to gvg ready in 2-3 weeks of casual but focused grinding.

p.s.

In the 3 mins it took to reply to this post, we got a kill

Is there a guide I can follow to become a ganking goon quickly? Everywhere online says "T4 in 2 hours!!" but doesn't detail the experience grind.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

sailormoon posted:

Is there a guide I can follow to become a ganking goon quickly? Everywhere online says "T4 in 2 hours!!" but doesn't detail the experience grind.

It's as simple as killing mobs in blue and yellow zones until you hit t4... once you're t4 you can come up and kill mobs in the blackzone in zones where our alliance has territories to make it pretty safe. Are you on Awful Company discord yet -- we can explain more there.

Polish
Jul 5, 2007

I touch myself at night
My buddies and I all picked up this game. Right now were a lovely little 5 man guild.. but I suspect 3 of them are going to drop soon so we will be looking to join up. I'll jump in the discord and message someone in game. In game name is Goalish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matty
Oct 29, 2010
i'm gay.