Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dumb question, on Budovids' website when they say "On Demand" do they mean its a webstream or is it a downloadable file?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
Streaming I believe.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you could download the file that'd be nice.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Yes if you could download the file they'd also sell like 4 copies before everyone downloaded and shared a dvd

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

You can download your files on bjjfanatics with a chrome extension because they're hosted by one of the common video streaming platforms. And then you can use Drax to add chapter markers to your new files to speed up navigation.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JaySB posted:

Yes if you could download the file they'd also sell like 4 copies before everyone downloaded and shared a dvd

I mean you could still do that with the DVDs or the webstreaming anyway. (Sharing files of the videos etc. that is)

02-6611-0142-1 posted:

You can download your files on bjjfanatics with a chrome extension because they're hosted by one of the common video streaming platforms. And then you can use Drax to add chapter markers to your new files to speed up navigation.

Ah interesting. I'll stop this line of discussion before it gets too out of hand and too close to :filez: talk.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

anyone have any other recommendations for sub only BJJ tournaments to watch? I've torn through all the EBI content I can find online and I need something else now.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Quintet 1 was pretty fun

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
I liked Quintet too.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Quintet was a great experiment and I hope they get enough interest/funding to continue.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

The only bummer about Quintet was that we didn’t get to see a Craig Jones v Josh Barnett clash.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Been doing BJJ for a few months now and i have to say it's a pretty amazing thing.

I rolled with a 40+ year old woman today, over whom I had the size/strength/weight advantage, and she was very kind/gentle with me, but easily crushed me in every roll.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

What it be weird to ask everyone here what belt they are? I don’t want to turn it into a dick waving contest or anything, honestly. I’m just curious.

I’ll start — I’m a brown belt.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Happy to join the dick waving:

White

E: training duration would be interesting too. I’m going on 8 months

butros fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Apr 23, 2018

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.
Did someone say dick waving?

Black belt and will be eligible to get my first stripe on my black belt this year. (13 years of BJJ)

Yuns fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Apr 23, 2018

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I'm a few months over 2 year white belt.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

I'm hopeful that my coach will finally promote a few of the coloured belts at the gym (now that he's moved away from a belt test for purple and brown), and I can finally stop being a 4 stripe blue belt, like I have been for the last 5 years. :cry:

It won't happen though.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

3 stripe blue belt, due to get my 4th any day now....Been training for a little over 2 years. We have belt testing coming up next month not sure if I will be asked to test if I get my 4th stripe but I feel entirely unprepared to be a purple belt.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Drewjitsu posted:

I can finally stop being a 4 stripe blue belt, like I have been for the last 5 years. :cry:

Same, but 1 year :shobon:

Edit: Blue Belt mafia for life.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
Brown belt. 10 years (but like 1-2x a week mat time for half of that so I'm not as good as I should be) :/

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
Blue, 4 years.

drat, where did the time go.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Currently a 1 stripe White belt. I was a 3 stripe white due to get a blue belt before I dropped BJJ for a 6 year break due to moving around a bunch.

Cumulative is about 3 years, starting way back in 2008/2009.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
white belt. only train 3 months on 3 months off so i never get the consistency necessary to be promoted. i'm ok with this. it's a wonderful sport

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Marching Powder posted:

white belt. only train 3 months on 3 months off so i never get the consistency necessary to be promoted. i'm ok with this. it's a wonderful sport

Sort of been in the same boat as you. In the 28 months since I started I've probably trained half of that time on the mats. So many injuries and life, I could never stick with it for more than a few months at a time.

But it so fun and a wonderful sport so I'll keep going. Belt doesn't really matter and I'll keep improving

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
White belt

I started in Feb. of 2017 but I've probably lost out on 3 months of training time due to surgery and being sick. Probably should have some stripes but I've missed out on promotion days due to illness and surgery.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

White. Started in January this year.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

White belt. Have about six months of experience.

Tonight got beat up by brown belt. And it was like getting your rear end kicked by a french chef, all technique.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

JaySB posted:

3 stripe blue belt, due to get my 4th any day now....Been training for a little over 2 years. We have belt testing coming up next month not sure if I will be asked to test if I get my 4th stripe but I feel entirely unprepared to be a purple belt.

Wow that's really fast. How often do you train? Were you a wrestler?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

spb posted:

sigh go on jay. tell him how sick your life is.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

spb posted:

I started off training 2x a day 5x a week. Injuries, time off, etc etc. now I try to train at least 4x a week at my gym and I have a Sunday ritual of going to 10th Planet for their all gym open mat.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Marching Powder posted:

sigh go on jay. tell him how sick your life is.

I have a lot of free time?

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

JaySB posted:

I started off training 2x a day 5x a week. Injuries, time off, etc etc. now I try to train at least 4x a week at my gym and I have a Sunday ritual of going to 10th Planet for their all gym open mat.

Goddamn that owns. :cheers:

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Is Jay famous?

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Also, yeah, that’s real fuckin fast

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

JaySB posted:

I have a lot of free time?

no hate man, i'm envious.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Neon Belly fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Apr 25, 2019

Tambreet
Nov 28, 2006

Ninja Platypus
Muldoon
Blue belt with a stripe. Haven't been able to train for a year and a half due to a knee injury. Just 4-5 months more of rehab left and wish I could demote myself when I finally go back!

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

Drewjitsu posted:

a 4 stripe blue belt, like I have been for the last 5 years. :cry:

I'm a blue belt after nine years, bitch. I started the thing where you wear sunglasses and wrap a belt around your head and then I never got to do it again

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Blue belt, been training 19 years. I don't think anyone I've trained in the last 10 years would argue if I said I was purple belt level. Roll in the gi only a couple of times a year now and haven't been able to train consistently last 4 years or so.

I just show up occasionally to wrist lock people and frustrate the hell out of guys that have never met me before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

02-6611-0142-1 posted:

I'm a blue belt after nine years, bitch. I started the thing where you wear sunglasses and wrap a belt around your head and then I never got to do it again

I've been a blue belt since 2010. Started in 2007.

:smith::hf::smith:

Edit: if (when?) I got my purple, I would have wrapped it around my head and took a picture for the thread. Totally forgot it was you that started it.