Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

so this is what representation feels like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
can't stop thinking about Harada yuri...

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
In this week's chapter of Namaikizakari, more of Naruse being a dummy when his girlfriend is trying to be supportive, and then Yuki being a dummy around mister mysterious older bad boy. :rolleyes: I do generally like this manga but sometimes the writing frustrates the hell out of me.

Also, the author breaking the fourth wall just for shits and giggles:

DisDisDis posted:

Cool! Cute!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

DisDisDis posted:

I know I just need practice but man, the neck endurance required to suck dick for the amount time today's men need to cum

and I just wanna relax my jaw always...

Just punch it about a bit

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
.....Harada yuri what now?

I swear I was paying attention the entire time. Just uh, quick recap?

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

SwissArmyDruid posted:

.....Harada yuri what now?

I swear I was paying attention the entire time. Just uh, quick recap?

genderswapped versions of their characters iirc

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

ZiegeDame posted:

Everyone in this is so hosed up and I can't stop reading.

e:

idktf haha

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Everything Burrito posted:

genderswapped versions of their characters iirc

this, though i can't tell if the bottom two are from the good noncon roleplay couple comic, or the hairdresser comic that i hate with a passion

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

DisDisDis posted:

so this is what representation feels like

god I love those two goobers.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

DisDisDis posted:

this, though i can't tell if the bottom two are from the good noncon roleplay couple comic, or the hairdresser comic that i hate with a passion

they look like the two from color recipe to me

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

DisDisDis posted:

good noncon roleplay couple comic

*strokes chin* Please, tell me more.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

The_White_Crane posted:

*strokes chin* Please, tell me more.

I think they're in the collection called Henai, you should be able to find them with that title at least. They have 3? one-shot chapters.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

DisDisDis posted:

I would read this :v:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

same :smith:

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

my apologies, I meant this in the sense that I'm good at the gently caress. please make sure the wikia is updated appropriately

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?
isekai where MC is reincarnated into a spider and survives based on LN. I admit, it does go into POWER LVLs in the latest ch but it's still optimistic.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

i don't think that's shoujo, josei or romance, did you mean that post for the recommendation thread

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

it should be posted nowhere as it is the lowest of the low, isekai but with a self-aware gimmick.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
the spider becomes a sexy spider centaur later so i could believe there being romance later too

i didn't think it was self aware at all, it's "I got reincarnated into Angband" played very straight. What kills it for me is how it depends on mysterious videogame power moreso than the girl just playing smart.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

DisDisDis posted:

the spider becomes a sexy spider centaur later so i could believe there being romance later too

i didn't think it was self aware at all, it's "I got reincarnated into Angband" played very straight. What kills it for me is how it depends on mysterious videogame power moreso than the girl just playing smart.

I more meant in reference to the profileration of isekai stories with the presence of a gimmick to stand-out. I reincarnated into a vending machine, hot spring, with my sexy mom, etc, which seems comical at first but ends up just getting in the way of a good story while being as creatively lacking as standard isekai

that said I havent read spider and only said that because I only demand good faith posts from people saying things I dont like

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Spider starts off okay for an isekai but gets real bad

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

She doesn't, the sexy drider was just what she was imagining was one of her possible evolutions.

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

kumoko is good, actually (the wn, at least, the manga is okay)

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Zore posted:

Spider starts off okay for an isekai but gets real bad

I confess I will read anything with Femc as long as it's not creepy.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the manga's good because you actually see the spider being silly instead of simply madly babbling to herself all the time

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Lemon-Lime posted:

She doesn't, the sexy drider was just what she was imagining was one of her possible evolutions.

She does, eventually. Well past the point where the manga is now.

There are also points where she abuses the game rules in neat ways but again, well past where the manga is right now.

The LN is also weird because it's got all these side chapters for a completely different story happening concurrently with her spider shenanigans, mostly featuring all the side characters she encounters, but I haven't really read them yet cause I thought they weren't important till I got near the end and they completely take over the story.

... wait which thread is this?

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I want more LNs/WNs/mangas based on the former two with female MCs that are good like the OP bisexual icon that is Bakarina from Otome Death Flag

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Alright, I gave Kumo Desu Ga a whirl, and it appeals to my "I am going to take this game engine and systematically break it over my knee so that it does what I want to do" sensibilities.

So that's two isekai series on my list that I enjoy. Every other one of them can get in a fire.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Alright, I gave Kumo Desu Ga a whirl, and it appeals to my "I am going to take this game engine and systematically break it over my knee so that it does what I want to do" sensibilities.

So that's two isekai series on my list that I enjoy. Every other one of them can get in a fire.

*nods* Log Horizon is indeed good.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Not the other one one the list, it's actually Nobu, but what the heck, since I'm giving things a chance, I'll take a look at that over the weekend.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
While there are plenty of trash Isekai stories, there are still some good ones out there.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Not the other one one the list, it's actually Nobu, but what the heck, since I'm giving things a chance, I'll take a look at that over the weekend.

Just so it's clear: I was being half-sarcastic. LH is very much not this thread's kind of thing.

(It is genuinely good though, at least the first series of the anime)

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there's so many of the dang things that there has to be a few good ones

there are much fewer shoujo isekai, and as such there are even fewer that are any good

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
If you don't coddle Nazis flat Earthers then you're literally as bad as them.

DisDisDis posted:

I want to see an isekai that is "I got reincarnated into Angband" but it's one of the really weird variants where famous people from the real world appear as unique monsters and you end up dying to a swarm of hats with LSD breath.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
wow! wow!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Soo-won chapters: the Griffith chapters of Yona. Yeah you need them, but they're never what you WANT.

Least Lili is around.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 12:35 on May 12, 2018

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Dire Lemming posted:

I want to see an isekai that is "I got reincarnated into Angband" but it's one of the really weird variants where famous people from the real world appear as unique monsters and you end up dying to a swarm of hats with LSD breath.

I died and got reincarnated into Elona+

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I actually like Soo-Won as a character, since he's an interesting, complex antagonist.

Anyway, everyone get hype for the Soo-Won x Kouren marriage.