Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Oxxidation posted:

the imbalance of character time still grates me a little as well, yeah

1-A has always had a few "why are you even here" characters like satou and sero (though i still want more of ojiro, i bet he's abrim with secrets) but even previously "major" side characters like iida and tsuyu have sort of dropped off the earth since the overhaul arc started

I mean Tsuyu got about as much to do in the Overhaul arc as she usually does. Maybe a little more.

Carlosologist posted:

Eri smiled and this is great, my eyes genuinely welled up a little at the end

wonder what's next, I wonder if we're going to get movement on the traitor subplot

I feel like the traitor subplot's only going to progress when it's revealed. Since none of the kids actually know about it I don't feel like there can be too much movement about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Kirishima and Tetsutetsu switch classes and it takes everyone about a month to notice.

I really want an arc where Deku has to work with class 1-B for a while so we can finally see what all their quirks do. One of the girls in the class has a quirk called Poltergeist. That sounds really cool, I want to know what it does!

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I was about to say this arc was a great way to decompress from nearly a year of Overhaul but I completely forgot that the remedial class arc came between them. I just wonder what sorta tone the next arc will have because this series can be all over the map.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Whatever inconsistency it brings, I think the rough art gives the performance a lot of energy that leaps off the page! I like it a lot.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

No kidding, it starts right after "kick up the distortion!" so at first I thought it was intended :v:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Carlosologist posted:

Eri smiled and this is great, my eyes genuinely welled up a little at the end

wonder what's next, I wonder if we're going to get movement on the traitor subplot

I bet the next arc will have something to do with Gigantomachia, who was introduced right before this arc began. I though for sure he would somehow get involved with the Gentle fight, but I guess that was just a teaser of what's to come.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
The single worst panel artwork (besides the "crowd scene" that's six drawn arcs) is Mineta's "time to shine," and that's only really disappointing because I think there are people in the audience giving him a thumb's down but it's hard to tell.

I'm surprised there isn't a big ink line scratched across one of the pages as the editor yanked it off of Horikoshi's desk while he was still drawing.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

No kidding, it starts right after "kick up the distortion!" so at first I thought it was intended :v:

Glad to know I wasn't the only person that thought this. I didn't even realize the rough sketches weren't because of that until I checked this thread.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Like I said, it took me until like halfway through the chapter, maybe more, before I realized that it wasn't intentional; it really seemed like it was supposed to convey intensity until it started showing up in panels that, well, weren't as intense.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Sure all these panels will be fixed by the time the volume comes out but what if when the anime gets to this part it just cuts to the animatic.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

When it gets to this point in the anime I hope that the canons diverge and in the anime canon, Eri never smiles.

But that's the only difference.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Scholtz posted:

When it gets to this point in the anime I hope that the canons diverge and in the anime canon, Eri never smiles.

But that's the only difference.

The gently caress, man?

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Supremezero posted:

The gently caress, man?

And then Mirio spontaneously gets his powers back and "accidentally" drops her.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Mods?

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

And then she gets so upset she reverses the entire world back to WWII, where the events of the Fullmetal Alchemist 2003 anime movie play out, but hastily edited/padded to fill an entire cour.

And then the anime is cancelled.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

this hot take has really gone places

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
The obvious bad troll kept getting more obvious and bad and people kept taking the bait.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

It's okay though because then the Vigilanties anime starts and is very very good

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
All Might reveals that he's three Minetas in a trench coat

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Dragonatrix posted:

The obvious bad troll kept getting more obvious and bad and people kept taking the bait.

I think this was more of a "goof" than a "troll".

They're goofin' us.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

I hope when the anime gets to this point that they don’t play the op for the episode, but when the actual concert starts it’s the characters performing the op song

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Scholtz posted:

It's okay though because then the Vigilanties anime starts and is very very good
During the first season everyone was joking about a Bones original ending.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MUjw1iZHPs&t=504s

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

It's fun to see what the manga does better than the anime and vice versa.

The end scene stomp wasn't as good as in the manga, but I think Shoji and Compress featured better in the anime.

A nice adaptation.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Rhonne posted:

One thing I've been wondering is if we'll see any roster changes as we go from year to year. Like, I doubt we'll see any major shake ups, but it would be funny if Monoma ended up in class 2-A and the second he was in the same class as everyone else, he started acting all nice and friendly with them.

"Hate you, why would I hate you? We're all in the same class here. We're all going to be great heroes! Not like those losers in class 2-B, am I right?"

It'd be funnier if Deku was the one that switched with him after the faculty get the idea that Deku would get into less trouble if he's in the class that doesn't see much action, only for 2-B to get the spotlight after another incident.

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

That was adorable.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Rhonne posted:

Well the first chapter started with the narration of Deku saying "this is the story of how I became the greatest hero" or something like that, so that's presumably the end game.

One thing I've been wondering is if we'll see any roster changes as we go from year to year. Like, I doubt we'll see any major shake ups, but it would be funny if Monoma ended up in class 2-A and the second he was in the same class as everyone else, he started acting all nice and friendly with them.

"Hate you, why would I hate you? We're all in the same class here. We're all going to be great heroes! Not like those losers in class 2-B, am I right?"

I don't want to see this because bakugou is a good boy now and i don't think there would be a faster way for someone to make him commit a murder.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

At the speed everything's going, I doubt we'll see them going into second year until maybe 2030.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Scholtz posted:

And then Mirio spontaneously gets his powers back and "accidentally" drops her.

At first I interpreted this as Mirio somehow applying his power to Eri and dropping her into the center of the Earth. From there, she can re-wind the entire world into nothingness.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Random-rear end sleep-deprived thought: Could someone with a gas quirk change the atmosphere around Bakugo such that the nitroglycerin he sweats is unable to detonate? Like... higher/lower pressure or a lower oxygen content or something?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
definitely if they lowered the oxygen content, but threshold for normal breathing is well above the levels needed to ignite nitroglycerin so he'd probably pass out before his quirk was really impacted

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Bobulus posted:

Random-rear end sleep-deprived thought: Could someone with a gas quirk change the atmosphere around Bakugo such that the nitroglycerin he sweats is unable to detonate? Like... higher/lower pressure or a lower oxygen content or something?

Short answer: yes.
Long answer:

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

definitely if they lowered the oxygen content, but threshold for normal breathing is well above the levels needed to ignite nitroglycerin so he'd probably pass out before his quirk was really impacted
It's complicated.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Nitroglycerin, as a high explosive, has its oxidizer built in and needs no external oxygen. Guns would work in space just fine for the same reason.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The dust and dirt just disappears when he's around! :buddy:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

gmq posted:

At the speed everything's going, I doubt we'll see them going into second year until maybe 2030.

We are at like the 8 months mark. We are almost at the second year marker.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Pure nitroglycerin is a contact explosive, also it brings its own oxygen.

So the answer is no.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Please give us an anime filler episode where, because he can't jump around everywhere anymore, All Might has to get his driver's license.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

It amuses me that Horikoshi managed to atleast line Ochako's solo panel while Tsuyu's is sketchy as gently caress.

Really makes you think about which girl is his favourite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The inking is frequently done by assistants so that's probably the assistants that did that.