Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

I'm drunk as hell and I graduate college tomorrow. gently caress yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

What was that newer Total Recall even about? What a terrible movie. Completely forgettable and hardly reminiscent of the original. Garbage.

Man so it's all based on some Philip K. Dick poo poo and I guess it was supposed to be based more on the book, but I don't really think it ended up being that and it turned into trying to be some sort of Will Smith I, Robot poo poo. I watched it and I don't remember a god drat thing about it except some huge dumb tunnel that you could fly through earth through or something??? Anyhow you know in the 1990 one where its like "wait was that all just the dream or not" part of the movie that makes it cool? Well, the newer big money one seemed to miss even that amount of like, idk philosophy or critical thinking(???) that a loving loving arnold movie from nineteen loving ninety has

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
my professor for my trip to the uk next week sent me a blowing kiss in the loving group chat and I like sent her a message like uhh that was probably bad and now i'm tripping out lol

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm just imagining the exchange going like

Professor:😘

MCMN: ever get your rear end eatin out? It's like licking a battery

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Pretty close

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

mods change my name posted:

Man so it's all based on some Philip K. Dick poo poo and I guess it was supposed to be based more on the book, but I don't really think it ended up being that and it turned into trying to be some sort of Will Smith I, Robot poo poo. I watched it and I don't remember a god drat thing about it except some huge dumb tunnel that you could fly through earth through or something??? Anyhow you know in the 1990 one where its like "wait was that all just the dream or not" part of the movie that makes it cool? Well, the newer big money one seemed to miss even that amount of like, idk philosophy or critical thinking(???) that a loving loving arnold movie from nineteen loving ninety has

I think it had the taxi driver robot and didn’t it pay homage to the three boobs? I honestly cannot think of a movie as forgettable or that was so far from the original.

I don’t remember where the tunnel went but wasn’t that like where all the plutocratic folks lived, at the other end, while everyone else lived below i guess in some lovely rendition of a dystopian future

Probably the closest a movie has ever almost gotten me mad this long since I’ve watched it

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Also his wife was like an insane terminator relentlessly chasing him around for whatever reason

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
yeah, but kate beckinsale tho

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

watching total recall who can stop this arnold madness

I watched that the other morning all drunk and poo poo. Just amazing.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Kate Beckinsale and Jessica Biel were extremely my poo poo when that movie came out. It was ok.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Jessica Biel has always been my poo poo, and will continue to be my poo poo for the foreseeable future

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Also, it's a good day for daytime drinking. Halfway through my first beer when I realized I need to go on a beer run, so off I go

Gonna grab some mead and chill on the balcony after installing mosquito nets in my windows, and probably moving half of this obscenely large couch into my cellar

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ManMythLegend posted:

yeah, but kate beckinsale tho

Very specifically how Kate Beckinsale goes from "hot worker's wife" to "wait, this *isn't* the set for an Underworld sequel?"

Both of those just did it for me back then, and still do.

I will excuse that Total Recall for that plus the Rhinos they use as "future revolvers"

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWF3YT8sRH8

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Click Beelay
Oct 13, 2011

You marine guys still got your gallbladder?
https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/8jfb21/an_extra_organ_removed_without_consentnotice/

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
This is it. This is the most irresponsible product imaginable.

For only two dollars, it's a seat belt alarm defeat device and also,

quote:

Package Content: 1 * Car Safty Seat Belt Buckle( Beer Opener )

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
You can tie your dogs' leash to it to keep it's rear end in a seat instead of nosing about everything in the car. Maybe put your dog in a harness first so it doesn't snap its' neck when you drunk drive into a tree.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Stultus Maximus posted:

I don’t drive no fancy cars but won’t a lot of them sound the seatbelt alarm if a dog or groceries is there

Reverence
Nov 1, 2009

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I don’t drive no fancy cars but won’t a lot of them sound the seatbelt alarm if a dog or groceries is there

Or a notebook if it's my dumb car.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Stultus Maximus posted:

Lol that isn’t even close to the most irresponsible product being hocked to jibbering fuckwits today

https://jalopnik.com/the-autopilot-buddy-for-your-tesla-is-insidiously-dange-1826048861

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'll sell you my cruise control brick. Just lean it on the pedal.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Terrible Robot posted:

Lol that isn’t even close to the most irresponsible product being hocked to jibbering fuckwits today

https://jalopnik.com/the-autopilot-buddy-for-your-tesla-is-insidiously-dange-1826048861

If it means more barely-used salvage 18650s end up on the market, I'm all for it

Edit: oh, I guess Tesla's using their own 2170-sized cells now, but I'll take those too

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 22:10 on May 16, 2018

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Terrible Robot posted:

anything that kills dumb rich people faster is a net positive.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Terrible Robot posted:

jfc

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

got my whip dialed in

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I had a 300E like that except in green for a while, and it was a pretty dope ride.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

As a former Dart owner that is hilarious to me. Yeah, it was a Neon with an upgraded interior. I used to go on and on about how it was a Alfa Romeo Giulietta inside but no, it's really just a Neon.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

As a former Dart owner that is hilarious to me. Yeah, it was a Neon with an upgraded interior. I used to go on and on about how it was a Alfa Romeo Giulietta inside but no, it's really just a Neon.

Saw a Giulietta in the wild Thursday with a matte candy red paint job. It was very nice to look at.

Also, took a 4 day weekend, got in a fight with the GF on Day 1. Yaaaaaaaaaay.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

We always talked about this on discord but I really cannot remember the last time I saw a neon on the road, let alone the SRT4

Did they all flip over or blow up

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

We always talked about this on discord but I really cannot remember the last time I saw a neon on the road, let alone the SRT4

Did they all flip over or blow up

They haven't been made in like 15 years and were generally bought by and for young people.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Saw a Giulietta in the wild Thursday with a matte candy red paint job. It was very nice to look at.

I saw a red one too a few weeks ago. Absolutely stunning in person.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Stultus Maximus posted:

They haven't been made in like 15 years and were generally bought by and for young people.

Do you live in Japan or something? Maybe I’m surrounded by frugal folks but seeing 20+ year old cars isn’t really unusual...🤔

I mean mine is old enough to drink and rent a car. You still see a lot of bug eye WRXs around. Yes I know they were probably produced on a much larger scale.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Do you live in Japan or something? Maybe I’m surrounded by frugal folks but seeing 20+ year old cars isn’t really unusual...🤔

I mean mine is old enough to drink and rent a car. You still see a lot of bug eye WRXs around. Yes I know they were probably produced on a much larger scale.

And I drive a car from 1999, but it's a Buick which was made for and bought by old people so it was more expensive, higher quality, and less abused than a Neon which was made cheaply for kids who then abused it.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

My bugeye wagon (my second) just rolled over 225k last week, and there's another guy nearby who has a nearly identical one.

Unrelated but slightly amazing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmiIUHL-IZk

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

SquirrelyPSU posted:

I got overtaken on the highway a few weeks ago by a Giulia Quadrifoglio. To say that it sounded like God gargling angry bees or some similar Clarksonism would be entirely appropriate.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Take a second next time you're driving and try hard to remember the last time you saw a Dodge Intrepid (or any of its badge cousins) on the road. The goddamn things were everywhere 20 years ago. You couldn't throw a stone without hitting 3 of them.

Out of all the poo poo Chrysler built in the past 30 years, only the trucks really survive. Avengers were poo poo, Cirrus' were poo poo, 300s continue to be poo poo, vans are only praised by Midwestern farm families living in double wides. Neons were never built to last beyond a decade.

Just don't buy anything Chrysler touches and you'll be mostly fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Wanna hear a funny joke?

Sebring convertible.