Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

kid sinister posted:

I don't remember Peewee's Playhouse having a stairwell.

It’s garish, but it’s drat well executed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

I'm torn between wanting to set fire to it or live there forever.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Sasha Bickoff has some really grody ideas about design. No accounting for personal taste.
https://sashabikoff.com/

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Think of the stains that carpet/walls/everything hides.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

AuntBuck posted:

I too, want to live in the intro to "Saved By The Bell."

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

The Dave posted:

Same but my own house

:eng99::respek:

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

kid sinister posted:

I don't remember Peewee's Playhouse having a stairwell.

I'm the extremely ominous picture on the wall contrasting all the bright happy colors.

Either that or that's a window and that's someone looking in and their reaction.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

my neighbor is going at his metal entryway door with a 2" hole saw intended for wood, for the past 20 minutes at least. he's scratched the paint off the door, that's about it. it made me think of this thread.

i'm pretty sure the drill is going to catch fire.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

AuntBuck posted:

Make Prada Slut live in it for you.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

SoundMonkey posted:

my neighbor is going at his metal entryway door with a 2" hole saw intended for wood, for the past 20 minutes at least. he's scratched the paint off the door, that's about it. it made me think of this thread.

Video.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Sasha Bickoff has some really grody ideas about design. No accounting for personal taste.
https://sashabikoff.com/

I love it. Not all of it, but yes to all the color and the whimsy. I really like how all the rooms look like they're for different people even coming from the same design house. Fish bedroom with mermaid lamp is amazing.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

This one comes under “it’s probably fine” but I had to ask my renderer not to stack 500kg all together in the middle of a 7m span of fibreglass roof.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Jaded Burnout posted:

This one comes under “it’s probably fine” but I had to ask my renderer not to stack 500kg all together in the middle of a 7m span of fibreglass roof.

Considering that this thread had photos of a roof that caved in after someone did something only a little more excessive than that, I think you're being perfectly reasonable.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Yeah. I'm thinking to myself, well, it's relatively near two steels it's probably fine but.. I worry enough about one goon walking on the roof, let alone 5 stood in one spot.

They've moved them now.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

there wolf posted:

I love it. Not all of it, but yes to all the color and the whimsy. I really like how all the rooms look like they're for different people even coming from the same design house. Fish bedroom with mermaid lamp is amazing.

This one is so good:

https://sashabikoff.com/portfolio-posts/astor-place

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Jaded Burnout posted:

Yeah. I'm thinking to myself, well, it's relatively near two steels it's probably fine but.. I worry enough about one goon walking on the roof, let alone 5 stood in one spot.

They've moved them now.

Having watched all of Grand Designs (or at least the seasons that are on Netflix), can I just say how strange the UK's renderer/rendered terminology is? I get it, it makes sense to use the word in that way, it's just so odd and I'm curious how that happened as opposed to I guess finished being the closest American equivalent. But every time Kevin fuckyougitlin McCloud says "it's going to be rendered in blah blah" my mind instantly thinks of banks of GPUs humming away creating the most detailed VR model in existence.

SyNack Sassimov fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Jun 19, 2018

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

I think of a fat rendering plant so at least your version is a little better

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

The big stack of bags is just there for the renderer to sit on while they do a really nice drawing.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Jaded Burnout posted:

The big stack of bags is just there for the renderer to sit on while they do a really nice drawing.

I've made couches out of fewer bags than that.

schmug
May 20, 2007

Super Soaker Party! posted:

Having watched all of Grand Designs (or at least the seasons that are on Netflix), can I just say how strange the UK's renderer/rendered terminology is? I get it, it makes sense to use the word in that way, it's just so odd and I'm curious how that happened as opposed to I guess finished being the closest American equivalent. But every time Kevin Brown says "it's going to be rendered in blah blah" my mind instantly thinks of banks of GPUs humming away creating the most detailed VR model in existence.

This guy gets it.

ausgezeichnet
Sep 18, 2005

In my country this is definitely not offensive!
Nap Ghost

SoundMonkey posted:

Back in the '90's I had a neighbor across the street that always acted like a dick-ish know-it-all whenever I had to communicate with him. One fine Saturday I had the pleasure of watching him try to install a new metal mailbox to the front of his pre-war (WWII) tract Georgian. He was using a corded drill and a series of wood drill bits to try and put two holes in glaze-fired, quality Chicago face brick. I watched him silently from across the street for a couple of hours - cursing and sweating and frequently changing bits - until he got fed up enough to try and drill into the mortar line, which immediately powdered into a hole about three times the size of the fastener that came with the new mailbox.

The new mailbox sat balanced on the wood porch railing, leaning against the house and blowing into the bushes during storms, until the rear end in a top hat and his family moved away a couple years later. If this hadn't been before cell phones with video (or before most cell phones), I would have recorded the whole event for display on YouTube.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
Crappy construction in progress!

:science:

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.

kid sinister posted:

Crappy construction in progress!

:science:

Likely death in progress!

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
Man, I thought that was an air hose at first, and the biggest problems were the lack of eye protection and the inevitable destruction of the pool filter. But nope, it's worse.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Super Soaker Party! posted:

Having watched all of Grand Designs (or at least the seasons that are on Netflix), can I just say how strange the UK's renderer/rendered terminology is? I get it, it makes sense to use the word in that way, it's just so odd and I'm curious how that happened as opposed to I guess finished being the closest American equivalent. But every time Kevin Brown says "it's going to be rendered in blah blah" my mind instantly thinks of banks of GPUs humming away creating the most detailed VR model in existence.

Kevin McCloud?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Hmm.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Looks like an upscale prison

extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007
There's a bunch of smudging all over the glass. Why are people touching bathroom stall walls? Ew.

urzaserra256
Nov 29, 2009
Looks too regular, probably residue from bubble wrap or something.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
I don't see any handrails in there, how do you expect them to brace for power shittin'?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

urzaserra256 posted:

Looks too regular, probably residue from bubble wrap or something.

Looks like reflecting the floor tiles.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

There's no toilet paper

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Impossible to find the glory hole.

Sir_Lagsalot
May 6, 2007

Connection error

extravadanza posted:

There's a bunch of smudging all over the glass. Why are people touching bathroom stall walls? Ew.

GreenNight posted:

Impossible to find the glory hole.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

STealing this from the 'POS

It's like an abandoned amusement park building but it was never really finished and kind of feels like it's pre emptively abandoned!

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Is that siding? Instead of brick?

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Who the gently caress wanted a corrugated metal castle :psyduck:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Over 240 acres of rolling and wooded mountain property with the East Fork of the Little River running through it. There is an old logging road for access to the spring-fed lake, pond and waterfall. The castle is at the entrance - ready for completion into a resort, golf club, second home development or medieval castle. Imagine a wedding chapel, grand ballroom and dining hall - it even has a dungeon. Over 18,000 SF are finished - most of the materials are on site to complete the vision Near the bed and breakfast capital of the world, Mentone Alabama - this Cloudland location is fast becoming a tri-state second home and vacation area. With scenic beauty, Little River Canyon Park, 1.5 hours to Atlanta or Birmingham, 2 hours to Nashville or Knoxville, TN

Price History:

05/02/18 Price change $999,999-33.3% $17 Keller William...
02/07/17 Price change $1,500,000-21.1% $26 KELLER WILLIAM...
03/28/16 Price change $1,900,000-24.0% $33 KELLER WILLIAM...
08/26/15 Listed for sale $2,500,000-57.6% $43 KELLER WILLIAM...
09/19/11 Listing removed $5,900,000 $103 Postlets
09/02/11 Listed for sale $5,900,000+58,900% $103 Postlets
05/29/09 Sold $10,000 $0

zillow estimate: $115,695

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Synthbuttrange posted:

Over 240 acres of rolling and wooded mountain property with the East Fork of the Little River running through it. There is an old logging road for access to the spring-fed lake, pond and waterfall. The castle is at the entrance - ready for completion into a resort, golf club, second home development or medieval castle. Imagine a wedding chapel, grand ballroom and dining hall - it even has a dungeon. Over 18,000 SF are finished - most of the materials are on site to complete the vision Near the bed and breakfast capital of the world, Mentone Alabama - this Cloudland location is fast becoming a tri-state second home and vacation area. With scenic beauty, Little River Canyon Park, 1.5 hours to Atlanta or Birmingham, 2 hours to Nashville or Knoxville, TN

Price History:

05/02/18 Price change $999,999-33.3% $17 Keller William...
02/07/17 Price change $1,500,000-21.1% $26 KELLER WILLIAM...
03/28/16 Price change $1,900,000-24.0% $33 KELLER WILLIAM...
08/26/15 Listed for sale $2,500,000-57.6% $43 KELLER WILLIAM...
09/19/11 Listing removed $5,900,000 $103 Postlets
09/02/11 Listed for sale $5,900,000+58,900% $103 Postlets
05/29/09 Sold $10,000 $0

zillow estimate: $115,695

I wonder how much it would cost to tear that thing down and have someone haul all that poo poo siding somewhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

BattleMaster posted:

Who the gently caress wanted a corrugated metal castle :psyduck:

The cheap kind, with no fear of siege engines