Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I really love LLEN's faces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MuffinsAndPie
May 20, 2015

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug
Well that was somewhat disappointing. The episode has some great moments like the vehicle battle, but seems like it could have been cut in half without losing anything important.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
This show just needs to stop overexplaining things, whether it's character bits or tactics.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.

L-O-N posted:

Well that was somewhat disappointing. The episode has some great moments like the vehicle battle, but seems like it could have been cut in half without losing anything important.

Even the vehicle battle was a bit disappointing. They just like, sprayed bullets and stuff all over. The only interesting part was while LLENN was on foot, since she was actually doing creative things. And they didn't drive anywhere interesting, literally through a featureless hole.

The episode definitely felt padded out.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Probably could've used one less ep.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

TheDemon posted:

Even the vehicle battle was a bit disappointing. They just like, sprayed bullets and stuff all over. The only interesting part was while LLENN was on foot, since she was actually doing creative things. And they didn't drive anywhere interesting, literally through a featureless hole.

The episode definitely felt padded out.

They drove to a literal field of geysers. That's a feature, and Pito was planning on forcing them into one. The one tactic they don't explain with a full scene (but still do with an offhand comment) is the one that gets missed out.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Weakest episode so far. I was expecting much more from an episode called Psycho LLENN.

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.
I thought it was a decent episode, with a good amount of Psycho LLENN.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

It was a good episode when LLENN finally got over her poo poo and decided to actually go kill the person she was meant to kill, in the tournament she entered specifically to kill said person, and where all of her efforts were meant to lead to her killing said person.

It was a bad episode at every single other time because instead we got LLENN suddenly going into a terrified state that doesn't fit her, is genuinely unfun to watch, and had everyone else act like gigantic idiots just to get her to stop whining and get murdering.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

It was a bad episode at every single other time because instead we got LLENN suddenly going into a terrified state that doesn't fit her, is genuinely unfun to watch, and had everyone else act like gigantic idiots just to get her to stop whining and get murdering.

She saw the last few minutes of Rogue One and John Wick smashcut together in the form of her target. She wasn't terrified, she was just straight up thinking "This ain't possible just through a zerg rush, so let's think of a pl---" and then the kids pull a Leeroy Jenkins. She still ended up thinking of a plan - running away at full speed to fight on her terms.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Yeah I kinda agree the first half of the episode doesn't really make sense. I have no idea what SHINC suiciding was meant to accomplish.

TBH, the current situation doesn't really make much sense at all. At this point they pretty much need to kill team T-S and they've won. Then either Pitohui wins (and so lives), or Llenn kills Pitohui. The only way for Llenn to fail is a lucky shot from T-S.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Fangz posted:

Yeah I kinda agree the first half of the episode doesn't really make sense. I have no idea what SHINC suiciding was meant to accomplish.

TBH, the current situation doesn't really make much sense at all. At this point they pretty much need to kill team T-S and they've won. Then either Pitohui wins (and so lives), or Llenn kills Pitohui. The only way for Llenn to fail is a lucky shot from T-S.

LN spoiler regarding tournament arc ending (since people were complaining): And then T-S wins anyways because Pito and LLENN are tunnel visioning on each other.

kirtar fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jun 26, 2018

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Fangz posted:

I have no idea what SHINC suiciding was meant to accomplish.

Reminder it is literally a group of children playing a video game, not some group of jaded trained professionals in a life-or-death situation.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

T-S are the halo cosplay guys right? I’m betting they win if by accident after our guys all kill each other.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

El Burbo posted:

T-S are the halo cosplay guys right? I’m betting they win if by accident after our guys all kill each other.

Yeah they're the robots on bikes guys.

kirtar fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jun 26, 2018

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

kirtar posted:

loving Spoiler

Well thank you.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Was this really neccesary? Couldn't you at least warn people about what was below that black bar?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Fangz posted:

SHINC was basically fulfilling the role of the faceless guys last episode, a bunch of useless suiciding on behalf of the person they agreed to help. Maybe they are going for some weird mirror thing with Pito and Llenn.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Blaze Dragon posted:

Was this really neccesary? Couldn't you at least warn people about what was below that black bar?

I sort of assumed that people would realize that it's in a spoiler tag for a reason.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

Yeah, I thought it'd just be episode spoilers. Not book spoilers. Since this is the anime thread. Lovely to have that spoiled, especially after speculation.

Literally who would want to know that, other than people who know it and thus wouldn't need to be told?

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I guess I'll edit in a warning for the people who haven't already revealed.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

kirtar posted:

I guess I'll edit in a warning for the people who haven't already revealed.

If you've already edited it, and the extent of your warning is a note saying "same as above" after the spoiler then I think you need to re-edit it, because a warning after the spoiler is kind of worthless even if it wasn't the most vague wording possible. Maybe just put a note saying "book spoilers for the end of the tournament" or something that actually clarifies what it is in the spoiler box. Not that I personally mind, but I didn't even realize there was a novel that could spoil it so I just thought it was speculation or something for a second.

tsob fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jun 26, 2018

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

tsob posted:

If you've already edited it, and the extent of your warning is a note saying "same as above" after the spoiler then I think you need to re-edit it, because a warning after the spoiler is kind of worthless even if it wasn't the most vague wording possible. Maybe just put a note saying "book spoilers for the end of the tournament" or something that actually clarifies what it is in the spoiler box. Not that I personally mind, but I didn't even realize there was a novel that could spoil it so I just thought it was speculation or something for a second.

Good suggestion, I'll get that changed, though the problem is it's in two parts. I'll just take out the one on the second post entirely.

kirtar fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jun 26, 2018

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Spoiler tag problems, you say? :mrgw:

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Fangz posted:

SHINC(and Fuka) keyed to the fact that LLENN was shaken and would hesitate until doomsday trying to think of the Perfect Plan to fight this nightmare monster when all of them believe that she is at her strongest when she is desperate and thinking on her feet, like at the end of SJ1(they flash back to SJ1 and Boss all but says this). They all fed themselves into the grinder to manufacture that desperate situation and force LLENN to think like she did at the end of SJ1. It doesn't make sense because it's not supposed to from an "achieve victory" standpoint; Boss didn't actually have a plan to kill Pito or anything.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
IGNORE THIS I SUCK COCKS AND CAN'T READ THREADS TITLES BEFORE HITTING REPLY

Flytrap fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jun 27, 2018

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Wrong thread, amigo.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Hating RE2 but loving RE0 is a crime though.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Flytrap posted:

I thought 1-3 were boring as poo poo, adored 0, had fun with 4 before getting bored at the island, liked 5, felt okay with 6, and got grossed out by 7 and stopped playing about half an hour in. Rev1 was...okay, and Rev2 is one of my favorite games.

It's me, I'm the weird motherfucker with the nonsensical tastes that fucks up the averages of every review score page.

Sir, this is a Battle Royale, not a Horror Survival game.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

To be fair I could totally buy Umbrella trying to invent the NervGear or something.

EDIT: Wait a second that's just The Evil Within.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
If Umbrella invented the nervegear it'd have a timed DLC that turned everyone who was using one world wide in to a zombie. They'd probably make you pay for the package that killed you by advertising it as a new upgrade that meant you could play indefinitely too, the evil bastards.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Does that mean Kirito is Wesker

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

tsob posted:

If Umbrella invented the nervegear it'd have a timed DLC that turned everyone who was using one world wide in to a zombie. They'd probably make you pay for the package that killed you by advertising it as a new upgrade that meant you could play indefinitely too, the evil bastards.
that's just Human Revolution

Sindai fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jun 26, 2018

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Raxivace posted:

EDIT: Wait a second that's just The Evil Within.

And The Evil Within 2 is when somebody competent who wants to have fun with the concept gets to make it. Huh.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Beato Believer posted:

I thought it was a decent episode, with a good amount of Psycho LLENN.

*bursting into the thread*

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

This show tries so hard to be serious and it just comes off as comedic to me

Dunno if that's the correct response to it or not

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Yeah, the parts that are supposed to be serious are just falling flat for me. In the last few episodes - out of everyone there i'm most interested in what Fuka is doing and if P-Chan appears again. I've lost interest in Pito's issues. M is a weirdo. Llenn insists on taking care of them both because reasons and wants to beat Pito because of a promise that Pito doesn't remember or care about.

At least that's how it looks up to now. Hopefully things will wrap up well.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
The show is extremely supposed to be taking itself slightly too seriously to the point that you're supposed to find it comedic, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.

AnacondaHL posted:

*bursting into the thread*

♬♬♬
Who's that bursting out to run?

Who's the gal with the cute pink gun?

Who's the one who kills for fun?

Psycho LLENN! Psycho LLENN! Psycho LLENN!
♬♬♬

for those who don't know, it's a takeoff of 'Psycho Dad' from Married With Children

• Locked thread