Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Star Man posted:

Broly sucks; Kale rules.

We should let them fight it out to see who really is the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Hot take: Hit and Vados are the only good Universe 6 characters.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

New Leaf posted:

From Reddit - a really stellar fan animation of the DBS intro re-done to fit the Namek Saga. Lyrics are in Spanish. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSaKSkJ---Q

This is really cool. Fans sure can make some very good stuff sometimes.

The poster is blatantly fake and so is the subtitle so lol, whatever.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

TheLoneStar posted:

Hot take: Hit and Vados are the only good Universe 6 characters.

wrong, kale owns

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

multijoe posted:

You actually believe that's a real poster? Dude, I know you have absolutely no standards but catch a friggin clue

Its way easier to just take everything related to entertainment at face value. Im not gonna get embarassed because someone "tricked" me with a fake Broly poster. Im not devoting the time to figuring out wahts real when theres so many freakin deceptive people out there, especially something like this where the truth will come out eventually. Until then the next movies about Broly, and Yamchas the star.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Turns out Yamcha was the Legendary Super Saiyan all along.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Augus posted:

wrong, kale owns

Frost was the weakest Universe 6 character and he was still at least alright. The rest were real good, don't know if they really needed two Namekian characters though.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Momomo posted:

Frost was the weakest Universe 6 character and he was still at least alright. The rest were real good, don't know if they really needed two Namekian characters though.

Bet the two Namekians are going to feel real sad when they go home after the tournament is over and remember they are the last two Namekians in their universe.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

TheLoneStar posted:

She's pretty lame, not gonna lie.

She's not, but cool.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

TheLoneStar posted:

Dunno about a remaster, but they're really showing Broly again in some theaters in September. Just checked the site of my local theater.

It better still have the Pantera soundtrack!

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Rirse posted:

Bet the two Namekians are going to feel real sad when they go home after the tournament is over and remember they are the last two Namekians in their universe.

Unfusing fused Namekians has to be like a regular dragon ball level wish. Although if they were both fighters then theres no mages left to make a new set.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Meme Emulator posted:

Unfusing fused Namekians has to be like a regular dragon ball level wish. Although if they were both fighters then theres no mages left to make a new set.

Maybe Vados can fix them? Whis was able to bring Frieza back with no effort.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Covok posted:

It's canonical that Goku does not kiss his wife cuz he thinks it's gross. That motherfucker ain't putting his tongue anywhere near pussy.

wasn’t that just goku misunderstanding what vegeta was talking about and the joke didn’t translate well

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Augus posted:

wasn’t that just goku misunderstanding what vegeta was talking about and the joke didn’t translate well

yea one interpretation is the regurgitating a sensu back into someone's mouth like a bird.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I thought Goku just flat-out didn't grasp the concept of a kiss was all.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
From what I've been told in this thread in the past, it's Toriyama's idea of a joke that Goku doesn't know what kissing is.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Star Man posted:

From what I've been told in this thread in the past, it's Toriyama's idea of a joke that Goku doesn't know what kissing is.

I remember hearing somewhere that when consulting on Super Toriyama didnt have anything to say about the fights or the choreography but he was very insistant on what jokes are made and which gags to do.

I know theres a million "Toriyama Said..." anecdotes out there but I always felt like this one was true.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
My Oiji Toriyama-San at Toei said...

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
If Broly is in this movie I hope he's actually a really good villain in it so this thread loses its mind.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Justin_Brett posted:

If Broly is in this movie I hope he's actually a really good villain in it so this thread loses its mind.

I'd be okay with that.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Rhonne posted:

Maybe Vados can fix them? Whis was able to bring Frieza back with no effort.

Yeah but those guys didn't die, they're just part of Saonel and Pirina now.

I've always just assumed that Namekians are always mentally prepared for this sort of thing and can spawn new ones to take their place afterwards. King Piccolo did it, so I guess there guys can do it too.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

if broly is a good villain in the movie, is it really broly anymore? :thunk:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Of course it going to be great if Goku compares Broly to Kale.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

TheLoneStar posted:

A good canon Broly would be pretty nice.

Broly will be introduced into the canon as basically a very powerful Ancient Saiyan Caveman. Like even worse than typical Saiyans of Freiza's Saga primitive.

And he becomes the Legendary Super Saiyan God because Kakarot freaked him out by going Super Saiyan Blue and his monkey brain went ape poo poo.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Brolys rage trigger being Goku crying a bunch as a baby is a really good, funny joke. Too bad the movie plays it straight

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I have a feeling they wrote the entire movie intending for him to hate Vegeta and got told by the marketing department that it has to be about Goku, so they took the last five minutes they had to come up with that backstory.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Broly is just trying to invent fire and live his life, but loving Goku needs to fight the strongest people and its of course Yamoshi and Broly. Yamcha saves the day by introducing Broly to Baseball and it ends in a good natured game where he throws a fast ball right into Goku's face and KOs him.

History is forever altered and now Time is hosed up because of Goku.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Rirse posted:

Of course it going to be great if Goku compares Broly to Kale.

"Wow, you're almost as strong as this girl I know!"

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I mean Goku had to tap into the divine might of the angels to stop Kefla without killing them. He only had to yell a lot and punch Broly in the dick to completely annihilate him

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/ToeiAnimation/status/1016410642272489472
https://twitter.com/shonenjump/status/1016391943083917315

:v:

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

even jiren is a better broly

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Broly rules and is good. I used to be confused by how much this thread hates him, but I now I find it humorous.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Brolys good at what he does and since hes only in one movie its not like he overstays his welcome.

Yes, just one movie. You heard me right. Thats all they made.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Even if the poster is fake, all the freakouts on twitter are making it worthwhile.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

We already have a canon Broly now so he's no longer needed.

Bio-Broly on the other hand...

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Fawf posted:

We already have a canon Broly now so he's no longer needed.

Bio-Broly on the other hand...

Bio-Kale when?

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Meme Emulator posted:

Brolys good at what he does and since hes only in one movie its not like he overstays his welcome.

Yes, just one movie. You heard me right. Thats all they made.

It's weird how he never made any video game appearances, but like you said, he didn't wear out his welcome!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
http://www.dbmovie-20th.com/

I guess...it's actually canon? Oh well, Super-style Broly could be interesting, or they could write him as the boring-rear end character he's always been and it's just gonna be another bad DBZ movie.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Is real

https://twitter.com/DB_super2015/status/1016426854327218177

EDIT:

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/1016428226535612416

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Meet the new Broly, same as the old Broly.